Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Saber Forge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Member Introduction Thread

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66531

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1395
Darth_Maul wrote:
I have been looking at a few of these light sabers for awhile, but have not been able to get one due to the pricing. I would really like a tier three Bane or Vanquish, but I was thinking would it be worth it to just get the hilt since this would be my first light saber and just gather the other components further down the road, or should I wait until I can afford the whole package?
Welcome to the Forum Darth Maul.
It would really depend on how far down said road you can see and how that measures to you in real time. As your first, I'd suggest that you build up the coin. An alternative (depending on your age) is to negotiate an advance with your Parents to front the Tier of preference and enter into a payment plan with them. Good training and demonstration of financial responsibility for when you start accruing debt in the future. If the advance is successful and the Terms acceptable, you can see yourself achieving your Bane/Vanquish sooner rather than later (because there's still the production Lead Times to factor in). ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66554

• chase_choate
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey guys! I just received my first Epoch yesterday! Really looking forward to all the fun it'll bring!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66560

• McTrickey
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all!
I'm Mick and I've been into saber combat my whole life. I'm a member of TSL OK charter, currently in a Sith training clan learning form 1. I'm in love with the Ares I bought, already customized it. I have a background in art and metalwork. Has anyone done a customization of that hilt yet?? I know it's relatively new, but it would be awesome to se other's designs.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66571

• OvrcAHst
McTrickey wrote:
Hi all!
I'm Mick and I've been into saber combat my whole life. I'm a member of TSL OK charter, currently in a Sith training clan learning form 1. I'm in love with the Ares I bought, already customized it. I have a background in art and metalwork. Has anyone done a customization of that hilt yet?? I know it's relatively new, but it would be awesome to se other's designs.
Welcome Mick and Thank you for your Introduction.
Currently there are just 3 Ares in the Review Section of the Forum of the Crystal Type and they remain pretty stock. Perhaps if you Post up a Review of your Ares Customised, not only will you be the first but others that also have this Hilt may be encouraged to come forward with sharing theirs as well? ;)

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66633

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi."
  • Thank you received: 237
chase_choate wrote:
Hey guys! I just received my first Epoch yesterday! Really looking forward to all the fun it'll bring!

Welcome to the forum chase_choate! Congrats on your Epoch. Hope you have a ton of fun with it! :)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66646

• Avarice
Hello everyone!!

I'm Stefan, a 23 year old cable guy from Serbia. Also a long time Star Wars fan.
In a couple of days I will be joining the SaberForge family with a beautiful Black Lotus. I'm super excited for it, checking the mail several times a day.

That's pretty much it about me really. This place seems really helpful and fun. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community, officially that is, once the Lotus arrives.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66652

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 821
Welcome Avarice! Look forward to seeing a review on that Black Lotus!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66747

• morpheus
Well, I thought I started a thread, it never appeared. So I posted a second. That never appeared, either. I wonder where they went.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66791

• OvrcAHst
morpheus wrote:
Well, I thought I started a thread, it never appeared. So I posted a second. That never appeared, either. I wonder where they went.
I actually wondered the same thing when you referenced it with your second Post:
I ordered a lovely Exhalted Champion, and I've started a thread over in that section for details!
There was no sign of it requiring approval then just as there is no sign of any requiring approval now. :huh: Quite possibly a session time-out, however I'd suggest you try and repost it and I shall keep an eye out for it. Captain Obvious asks: What Section of the Forum did you supposedly Post the first entries?

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66815

• Nycto17
Hey Guys and girls, Im Nycto and im new to the forums page but far from new to saberorge products. please feel free to message me. i love making new friends! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #66817

• morpheus
I posted to the Exhalted thread. I'll post again. Maybe the issue was all the pictures I used.

[Edit: The thread is there without the pictures. I tried to post pictures in a reply but that thread is nowhere. I am assuming no pictures allowed until I have met the post count]
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by morpheus. Reason: Additional information

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #67001

• prophetic_joe
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi guys my name is Nate and I am relatively new to sabers. I bought my first on July 9th. ASP saber through Indiegogo. I have since purchased 3 force fx Sabers and am currently waiting on 3 hilts from Saberforge to try my hand at installing my own electronics. Nice to meet everyone.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #67027

• OvrcAHst
Welcome Nate and Nycto and Thank you both for your Introductions.

Nate, if you've received your first from IGG be sure to Post a Review and share it around. If you haven't and it's one of the expectant 3 well... I guess the Reviews will be happening later rather sooner. B)

Nycto, what SF Sabers have you got rolling in your Collection so far?
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by OvrcAHst.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #67047

• prophetic_joe
  • Thank you received: 4
OvrcAHst wrote:
Welcome Nate and Nycto and Thank you both for your Introductions.

Nate, if you've received your first from IGG be sure to Post a Review and share it around. If you haven't and it's one of the expectant 3 well... I guess the Reviews will be happening later rather sooner. B)

Nycto, what SF Sabers have you got rolling in your Collection so far?

And done sir. Thanks man!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #67208

• Eat_Dirt
Hey there! I'm Eat_Dirt, from The Black Swamp (though I don't suggest actually eating dirt from here :P ), and I've recently become the proud owner of a Vanquish (warrior tier). I count tabletop gaming as my main hobby, but am known to play the odd PC game or two.

I got someone a cheaper stunt saber as a gift, and kinda caught the bug. At first I laughed, then I actually lit it up and swung it around. Now I'm exercising every bit of my willpower to avoid blowing all my money on them. To that end, I've acquired some ASP goodies and some blades, so I can stretch my creativity without breaking the bank.

New Member Introduction Thread 3 weeks 6 days ago #67612

• JazzKin77
Hi all.
I'm a new member here from Singapore.
Currently into lightsaber dueling and also trying out to DIY electronics from ShopSaberParts.com.

So will be figuring how to wire up the electronics and also learn from all the seniors lightsaber DIY makers.
Looking forward to contributing if I am able to when I am more learned.

I have also self learned to do video shooting and editing. Will be doing some video of lightsaber dueling and hopefully it is good enough to be showcase later on.

Meantime I will be asking a lot of questions how to modify ASP champion electronics and resistors for RGBA 12w. Currently this is the big question in my head.

New Member Introduction Thread 3 weeks 6 days ago #67614

• OvrcAHst
Welcome New Members Eat_Dirt and JazzKin77 and Thank you both with your introductions.

Eat_Dirt, are you building up your pieces as time progresses or is a complete Hilt Ordered and waiting?

JazzKin77, be sure to catch up on some reading of the existing Topics Posted here. If some are relevant to what you seek, feel free to Post your queries onto them otherwise start up a New Topic of your own and the more knowledgeable and experienced residents here will try to assist.

New Member Introduction Thread 2 weeks 6 days ago #67923

• Eat_Dirt
Sorry for the late reply, been out and about on vacation. For the moment I've got just the Vanquish, and some pommels and blades to change it according to my moods. As for the buying another saber, someone else said it best: "Difficult to see: always in motion is the future."

New Member Introduction Thread 2 weeks 4 days ago #67976

• Therion
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello everyone,

I'm Therion from Germany. I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid and a lightsaber fan since Luke ignited the graflex for the first time.

My first saber arrived two months ago. I like the design of the Redeemer very much, but I also wanted to have a lightsaber that can easily be wielded with two hands. So I got an ASP redeemer (with a PS switch section) and removed the control box and I'm very happy with it. I'll post a review of it soon.

New Member Introduction Thread 2 weeks 4 days ago #67992

• OvrcAHst
Welcome Therion and Thank you for your Introduction.

Interesting build you've just described. It's hard to pass up on the beauty that is Redeemer and with no box, I imagine it to resemble a hybrid Chosen (but with the inter-sectional grenade grip and OT larger Emitter Cap). I would have personally retained the Redeemer Switch Part (if removing the box) simply for the surface break of included greeblies, but hey, that's just me. :P

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Custom Redeemer when you Post your Review. :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• My Son's Saber - Design q... (20 Posts)
    • Dusting this one off. I'm thinking about using an Acolyte hilt for this build. It would fit my sons...
    • Warranty Repair Experienc... (10 Posts)
    • I got new screws for my asp saber in 2 days lol I was shocked I wish my shims and shoto blade comes...
    • Saber Selfies (228 Posts)
    • Me and the Padawan (We are still working on the whole "don't touch the force imbued highly charged...
    • First build (9 Posts)
    • Quote: So I've been looking around and have found some hilts with recharge ports/AV switches installed in...
    • Kylo Ren & Knights of... (30 Posts)
    • Quote: Yeah, the solvents in spray paint will straight up dissolve polystyrene foams (I've actually seen...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4631
  • Latest Member: Michaelevize
  • Total Posts: 48.9k
  • Total Topics: 3656
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 37