Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Saber Forge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Member Introduction Thread

New Member Introduction Thread 3 weeks 5 days ago #69844

• NIGHTBRINGER
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone. I'm Chris from Canada. I just wanted to take to opportunity to introduce myself.

I'm looking at purchasing my first ever Saberforge saber.

Cheers,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Member Introduction Thread 3 weeks 5 days ago #69846

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 900
Welcome NIGHTBRINGER!

Look around the forum, and feel free to ask questions. We love to help folks inform themselves, so they can make a decision on the saber they will love!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: NIGHTBRINGER

New Member Introduction Thread 2 weeks 2 days ago #70062

• TheDuchess
Hello!

I'm new to the boards and shopping for my first saber. Looks like there will be a whole lot of them around our house very soon! (My poor hubby)

I've been a fan since I was a kid. Growing up in Northern CA, my mom worked with one of the ladies who played an ewok in Jedi. I'm so happy that it looks like tech has finally caught up so I can have a saber I can battle with!

I know, it is such a girl thing but I am looking forward to my pink saber /so/ much. ;D Sadly it looks like my custom staff-saber can't be in pink though. Sad! ;(

Anyway, look forward to seeing what else I can spend my money on here!

-TheDuchess -

New Member Introduction Thread 2 weeks 2 days ago #70080

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome Dutchess!

There is a lot of good information in the FAQ section, and beyond that, we are all very generous when it comes to helping folks who are trying to find that perfect saber.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 week 6 days ago #70182

• Alister
Whats up! My name is Brian and I live in Washington. Star wars is my first fandom. Its a legacy in my family at this point. My dad and his dad saw it when it first came out in the 70s and now I carry it on. Just ordered my first Saber today (prodigal Son Champ) SUUUUUUPER HYPED to get it and to hear the stories of others who have been at this for awhile!
We are only as wise as our most foolish mo... oh cookies!
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Alister. Reason: Im a derp that was tired when I wrote this

New Member Introduction Thread 1 week 5 days ago #70188

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome Brian! You are gonna love that Prodigal Son!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alister

New Member Introduction Thread 1 week 5 days ago #70203

• wamphyri13
Hello all. Just joined the forum. Like most of you, I've had a life long love of lightsabers. This is as close as I'll get to owning a real one. Unfortunately, our current science isn't up to date with that of a long time ago waaaaaaaay over there. I'm a collector with various tastes. I have a large collection of 1:18 scale die cast cars and 1:64 as well. I've recently been collecting 1:43 movie cars. I've collected Star Trek ships from Micro Machines and Furuta, Hot Toys Iron Man/Avengers figures in 1/6, and have an almost complete collection of the Master Replicas 1:45 scale lightsabers. Just missing some of the special ones. Now I've added full size sabers to my collecting. However, spending will be controlled on this portion of my hobby. I've already purchased 3 ASP sabers. Two are champion tier and one warrior. I'll have to take some good photos of them after Christmas.
So that's my basic intro. Now, what about those new custom sabers and the Chest of Destiny? I have money. Won't someone take it? :lol:
Ryan
No matter where you go, there you are.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 week 5 days ago #70204

• Brax
  • Administrator
Wow! The hard hitting questions on your very first post! ;)

I am trying to get more information on a few things, and the custom sabers/Chest of Destiny are two of those things; but I wanted to take a moment to say "Welcome to the forum!"
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Brax.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 week 4 days ago #70225

• Darth Triton
Hello my name is John AKA Darth Triton. I was a cannon member of the Tidewater Alliance as Darth Nihilus and have been building Sabers since before the EL wire days. We recently moved from Virginia to Kansas City, MO due to a relocation with my employer. My Profile change is due to my latest saber. It is not a Nihilus saber, so I created a new Sith Lord. My Skull saber is shown below. I just ordered some Viper Claws, so it will change again soon.

New Member Introduction Thread 6 days 23 hours ago #70328

• Saba
Hi Everyone!

I've been a SaberForge customer since 2011 and all of my lightsabers are made by SF. I love the quality and design of the products.

I am interested in the Hero Tier Gladius but I have a couple of questions:

1. If I understand this correctly, I can choose between a color changing 6w+ and 6w+ color that add up to a third color (total: 3 colors). OR I can get the one that has infinite changing colors that has 3w+ and 9w+? How do the brightness compare between these two types of LED options? I don't want to compromise brightness just to have more color options.

2. Do all of the Hero Tier sabers come with the real-time color change when the hilt is twisted?

3. What do people think about the Gladius as a stunting and as a display saber?
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

New Member Introduction Thread 6 days 22 hours ago #70331

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Welcome Saba

Please go ahead and read the Forum Rules and FAQ pages if you haven't already:

Forum Rules and FAQ Pages

Also please be aware your first 5 posts will need to be checked by a moderator to reduce spam and malware entering the site. After these posts you can post freely :)

1) Although the only colour changing saber I own has the two 6W colours to combine into a 12W colour, from what I have heard the brightness in the RGBA sabers is still nicely comparable and worth it for the colour options, however if you feel the saber would work better with less colours and more brightness, that is a more than valid option!

2) Again, although I only own one colour changing saber, to the best of my knowledge the real-time colour change is how all Hero Tier sabers function, with the exception of those ordered with one colour of course. (One colour is forced in crossguard sabers, and optional in the rest)

3) The Gladius is considered one of the best sabers for wielding, with very little to get in the way, and is also considered by many a very nice design for display, although the display side is far more subjective than its dueling usefulness.

Hope I helped, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Hope you enjoy the Gladius if you end up purchasing it!
Last Edit: 6 days 22 hours ago by TheGrandAdmiral.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

New Member Introduction Thread 6 days 9 hours ago #70350

• Dioggi
Hi all,

New padawan excited to build his first saber and start training for dueling with some friends in the Bay Area, CA. I've been a Star Wars fan since I saw the original as a kid, and when my buddy lent me his Oracle for a "Glow Sword" event (read: big public lightsaber battle) in San Francisco, I was hooked on the idea of building my own! I've got many years of experience building gas-powered airsoft pistols and rifles, as well as real guns, so I'm no stranger to small parts with extremely important and tight tolerances, but electronics will be a new experience.

I just ordered this empty ASP hilt to go with a VV Photon heavy blade. I need to figure out the electronics I want to run, but I've narrowed the chassis down to something by GOTH 3Designs for this first build.

Looking forward to learning a lot along the way!

Last Edit: 5 days 23 hours ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photos
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Main Website Coming! (28 Posts)
    • I dig it so far. Looks like once the bugs are worked out, they can close laserforge and the asp...
    • I commented this on the FB post announcing the new site, but going to post here too for some more...
    • Quote: To show every saber with every possible finish they need to make them and it would be not possible...
    • Seeing a 1" section of metal is helpful, but applying it to an entire hilt and visualizing it with...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4335
  • Latest Member: brandonr117
  • Total Posts: 50.6k
  • Total Topics: 3889
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 46
  • Yesterday Answer: 30