Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Saber Forge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Member Introduction Thread

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72584

• Yo-sh
Thanks Wamphyri, appreciate it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72585

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
Welcome to all of our recent new members. Be sure to peruse the Forum Rules, and the FAQ (which I am in the process of updating), and make yourselves at home! B) :woohoo:
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72699

• DawnDreams
  • If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
  • Thank you received: 7
Hey everybody, my name is Jill and I live in the Netherlands. I have been a Star Wars fan ever since the first Star Wars movie. I even played for the star wars pc game, I forgot it's name, almost twenty years ago, where you get to destroy the Death Star in the end. I bought my two lightsabers after I discovered the existence of lightsabers with sounds that sounded just like in the movies. I fell in love at once, a childhood dream coming true.

There's a yearly event in the Netherlands, Elfia, in April, that I want to visit. Elfia is the biggest Fantasy festival in Europe, held on the grounds and gardens of the largest castle in the Netherlands. I have made a few cosplay costumes in the past but never one based on Star Wars. See the link to my personal website on my costumes in my profile. I'm thinking about going as a Jedi or in the costume of Rey. I will need to learn this beautiful dancelike lightsaber dueling as I am new to this. :)
We come alone, we leave alone. Everything else is a gift.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, For Tyeth

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72708

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 822
Hello DawnDreams and welcome to the forum!

I don't write as many of these messages as I used to but if you follow our Administrator Brax's advice above, you will find this a friendly place with knowledgeable folk.

Your images and graphic design are really good (I just checked them out). Hopefully you could post some pictures of your Star Wars themed costume here, as and when you make it.

Enjoy the forum and maybe we'll get to chat in the future,

Kind regards,
For Tyeth
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by For Tyeth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawnDreams

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72718

• DawnDreams
  • If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
  • Thank you received: 7
@For Tyeth, thanks very much! :)
I really enjoy reading the posts on this SF forum and it's a pleasure to be amongst likeminded lightsaber and Star Wars fans. ;)
We come alone, we leave alone. Everything else is a gift.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72722

• TomPI
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi My name is Tom and I am from Hampden, MA USA. I and a Graphic Artist at a small company. I have been a Science Fiction fan since seeing Star Trek back when I was 5 years old (1969). I love props, Weapons, Communicators and collect them. Lightsabers are my #1 favorite prop. The last Convention I went to was DragonCon the weekend before 911 but I hope maybe 2017 will be my return to cons.
Saber Knight 0145
Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72739

• justanartist
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi all. My name is JustAnArtist. I'm from the US. Like so many others on here, I'm a big Star Wars fan and I've recently become VERY interested in custom lightsaber props (or at least lurking on sabersmith sites, drooling over sabers and praying the money fairy will visit me).

To the moderator(s): I'm sorry, I was too eager to post something and I didn't read the New Member FAQ first. So, I posted a topic and when I didn't see it pop up, I posted it a second time. When it didn't show again it dawned on my thick head to check that out. Oops.
I have a bad feeling about this.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72752

• Brax
  • Administrator
No apology necessary. I am not THAT much of a stickler for the rules. At least, I don't think so.

I only reccomend reading the FAQ and rules so that folks new to the forum can answer a lot of their own questions about some of the most common issues. For everything else, we like nothing more than helping out a fellow Star Wars fan!

So, welcome to our new members! I think you will find a lot of like minded folks here who are as enthusiastic about all of this, as you are! B) :)

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72756

• Blade
  • Thank you received: 25
Hello Everyone.
My name is Jim. I am like most here a big fan of Star Wars since seeing it in the theater in 77.
I have owned a few Master Replica sabers in the past. Wanting to get back to collecting I have researched and have seen several sabers. I have decided on Saberforge.
I have recently order a deep red weathered Venom..an all Black Black Lotus in Indigo and a medium blue Disciple.
My fourth I'm thinking of either a Archon or Grand Master in black chrome. Green
I will post pics and thoughts upon arrival.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72760

• Falklands89
Hi my name's Adam, I'm new to the forum and the custom saber community. I spend a lot of my time drooling over a lot of custom sabers, a lot of which are saberforge. I got some questions and am looking forward to becoming part of the community and engage with people.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72894

• tylo_cloudrunner
Hello, all you saber fans! I am new to this community, and this forum, so I'd appreciate if you can show me around! I am currently investing in a purple-bladed Justicar. I am really looking forward to meeting some of you!

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 1 week ago #72904

• SaintLucifer
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi everyone! I'm in SoCal. I'm new to sabers. I've started my first saber project and will share when it's all finished.

I'm in to all forms of shenanigans, so this will be a fun addition to my list of addictions. And since we have SW Land coming soon... I must have the right gear to bring in the new area! I'm also finishing up an old project I never completed, a blank Ep3 trooper helmet I got from a guy who was in 501st. But my true loves are my wife and gaming. She's a gamer too and has her own saber build going on as well!

That's all I have to say about me. I hope I can learn some things here and help others along the way to some sweet sabers!

GGPO!

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 3 days ago #73087

• Wolfsaber
  • Pretty fly for a grey Jedi
Hello all, just signed up on here, not new to lightsabers but the ASP system has peaked my interest and I am looking forward to building my own saber forge saber.
I love all things starwars and was there in the beginning for episode IV. And somebody tell me how I add a avatar pic in here! :lol:
I am a leaf upon the wind....watch how I soar!

New Member Introduction Thread 3 months 3 weeks ago #73484

• Skywalker_1979
Hello everyone,

My name is Billy, but I go by the name Kaiden in most things, cosplay , gaming etc. etc.

I have been a Star Wars fan my entire life like most of you here, I love anything to do with Star Wars, Lightsabers, Sci-Fi, Gaming, you know the usual stuff lol.

I am from Southern Middle Tennessee along the Bible Belt some call it, and I have been into Star Wars Cosplay for a few years now, I actually ordered my 1st Saberforge Saber back in 2010 when I bought 1 for me and 1 for my Padawan ( son ), he was 10 at the time and Star Wars has always been a big part of his life as well since the day he was born as his 1st possession brought to the hospital when he was born was a stuffed toy Yoda.

I'm here to interact with like minded people whom enjoy the same things and share a love for the Star Wars Universe as much as me. I look forward to chatting and getting to know you all .

New Member Introduction Thread 3 months 3 weeks ago #73488

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome to the forum folks!

New Member Introduction Thread 3 months 2 weeks ago #73492

• Dewstroyer
Hi, I'm Kris from Colorado. Longtime forum lurker who has posted a couple times in the past, not realizing I needed to introduce myself here.

I'm finally making it formal and official here since I just received my first saber yesterday! Consular in all black, Champion tier with green LED. It's even cooler than I was expecting.
Green Consular Black Finish

New Member Introduction Thread 3 months 2 weeks ago #73503

• Master Feemor
Thanks, Brax it is a pleasure to be here

New Member Introduction Thread 3 months 2 weeks ago #73523

• Sylabus
Hello all! Sylabus here! I'm a New Englander and a cosplayer (Sylabus is like, 95% of my screen names everywhere) who grew up with Star Wars, Anime, and various things nerdly. I got my first LED sabers around Feb. 2016 and have as of today, bought a few more with the sale going on. I may not know the more advanced lingo in the saber community, but I do know my way around a sewing machine!

Its nice to be here!
"I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." ~Monty Oum

New Member Introduction Thread 3 months 2 weeks ago #73529

• sandhater
Hi all, my name is Caitlin, huge SW fan and new to combat lightsabers!

I own two combat lightsabers from another vendor and I'm now looking to give Saberforge a try because I just love the hilt designs Saberforge has to offer

I'm in the process of putting together a Jedi outfit so I can finally unleash my true inner nerd B)

New Member Introduction Thread 3 months 2 weeks ago #73530

• Brax
  • Administrator
Loving the pace of new members joining up!

Welcome folks! If you have questions, take a look at the FAQ. I am working on updating it a bit, but there is still a lot of good information there. Outside of that, just ask, and our little community will be happy to help!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: Giorgitron79
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1