Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Saber Forge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: New Member Introduction Thread

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 3 weeks ago #82620

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1505
Welcome to our new members!

Be sure to browse the forum rules, and the FAQ for the basics, and jump into the fray asking questions for everything else! B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 3 weeks ago #82622

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Haven't checked this thread in awhile so hello and welcome to all the new folks. This is by far the best, nicest and most helpful forum about the hobby IMO.

Be warned, lightsabers can become habit forming. Consult your medical professional for possible side effects

:)

These may include financial stress, temporary blindness, obsessive behavior and difficult to explain bruising. If you experience telekinesis contact a Jedi master immediately.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Darth Squidious.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #82703

• zata5665
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey all, I actually joined the forums some time ago but only posted recently and never posted here! I've loved Star Wars since I was a little kid and my dad insisted to my mom that he had to take me and my brother to see the re-releases of the OT in theaters. Of course as a kid I had one of those huge Darth Vader sabers, the kind with a collapsible blade.

I learned about Saberforge a few years ago, and I've been dreaming of owning a saber ever since. Unfortunately it seems my favorite saber (Consular) is being reworked and not for sale any more. Well life goes on and I just ordered an Aeon on Black Friday! I can't wait! I know logically I shouldn't expect it before New Year's but maybe I'll experience a life day miracle.

Oh, and ever since I got into Star Wars games and the EU and learned about blade colors other than green/blue/red, I've needed a purple saber. So my Aeon is Indigo! Of course I'm already planning for my next saber to be green. That's normal right? Planning on the next one before the first arrives?

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #82707

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome Zeta5665!

In answer to your question...yeah, planning for your next saber before you receive your first one is TOTALLY normal. At least, as it is measured around here. :side: B)

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #82815

• Viggles
Hey everyone!

I'm a long time lurker, just finally decided to pull the trigger and buy a saber... couldn't let the black friday sale on the MPP MkII go to waste! :woohoo:

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #82863

• Darth Viribus
Hello, everyone. My name is Viraj and I live near the Seattle area. I have been in the Saber collecting game for about a year now. I have 2 sabers, both from Ultrasabers. I am getting my first SF saber in a few months.
Through victory, my chains are broken

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #82864

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Welcome guys!
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #82898

• InTheShadows
  • Red is the only LED
Oh Hai!

New Zealander here...
Experience in Aikido, Kenjutsu and Bokken/Suburito training.
Ordered my first lightsaber a month ago.

Waiting patiently for updates on my Warrior level Black Katana saber, 32 Inch blade with a red LED.
Starting to think I should have gone with deep red...

:side:
Swordplay is not a dance, an attack should be fast, efficient and to the point.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #82903

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome to the forum folks!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #82972

• Darth Viir
Hey guys,

Swiss-American here who recently got into this with our best friend. Juggernaut, 32in arrived yesterday and while I was blindsided by the screws being US-sized (which ofc do not work with European Allen Wrench sets... gotta read up on that one) I'm kinda spilling over with giddy nerdiness. Not really got any experience with sabers or the craftsmanship side. More a software guy. But I've been into sword fighting and have some experience with medieval fighting techniques from my LARPing days which is carrying over really well (well, except that I've gotta re-learn muscle memory as a purely functional longsword technique don't give that cool star wars vibe with all the spins and flourishes)

All started with this idea that we (friend and I) would make sith costumes for the local con next year. Kinda exploded from there and now we're at planning a 2x2 fight. Provided everyone can get blades and we can practice enough.

Still tryna work out how to customize my saber. So much planning and, of course, I had to start this right before christmas when my schedule is already full. But oh well. Looking forward to heading out to the park later for a little more practice.

Really like the saber though and positively impressed with both the crafting and delivery. Wasn't expecting anything this solid... or delivered this fast (overseas shipment in 7 weeks, tops if I remember when I ordered correctly). Got some minor complaints but nothing the reviews didn't say and nothing that can't be fixed with DIY. Really an awesome start to sabering and what - I hope - will quickly become a new hobby.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #82977

• Major_Tom
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Gruetzi!

Normally all sabers come with a hex wrench so compatibility isn't an issue, if you're afraid of losing it and you have a warrior tier, just slip it in next to the battery inside the hilt for safekeeping. For sabers with a speaker however... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, welcome, and may the force be with you!
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Viir

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #82980

• Darth Viir
Moinmoin! Oh momänt. Falschi sprooch :dry:

The issue is actually the hex screws on the Juggernaut hilt's wings. I wanted to remove one for lighter weight and better non-finger-biting grip (the way I hold it has my left index finger banging into the sharp edge on the base of the "wing" on every second 2h swing, though gloves help reduce the flesh rending bite, and I might tape it up or file it down for sparring) but couldn't quite manage with the tools we have at home. Thankfully my father is headed to the states early next year so that problem will rectify itself in time. Retention screw is golden with the included tool, which obv I am keeping safe just in case.

Thanks for the welcome though! Glad to be here. Not sure the force will be with me... but it shall set me free!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 5 days ago #83134

• CidRaines
  • Thank you received: 7
Hey all! I've just recently created an account on here after I received my first saber, a dark chrome powdercoated Archon in Green. I'd been browsing the forums for three years before I decided I wanted to go with Saberforge, they had everything I wanted, and it only got better as the years passed!

Okay, a little bit about me...

I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was a little kid, my first lightsaber was a Hasbro Anakin Skywalker one, but it was one of those electronic ones that had the slide out blade. Loved playing as Anakin Skywalker for Halloween for three years straight when I was younger. I loved playing the original two Battlefront games with my dad, we loved playing as the Empire. Imperials all the way!! I've read very nearly every book out there in terms of the EU Legends stuff. Minus Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, never got around to it. My all time favorite book series would definitely be Republic Commando, plus the Imperial Commando novel, hands down.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know everyone on this forum. Cheers to a life-long habit of collecting more lightsabers than I'll ever have room for. Lol
History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way, will not watch at all....

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 5 days ago #83135

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome CidRaines!

Love that green saber!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 day ago #83234

• Darth Barlarin
My name is Jake im 22 and from Chicago I have loved star wars since I was a young boy I just purchased my first saber through the mystery box because I could deiced on one for myself. A friend of mine and I are putting together a little star wars act to perform locally

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 12 hours ago #83273

• Obi1K3nobi
Hi all!

i'm Marco and i'm an italian cosplayer from Rome!
So about me ... I love Star Wars since... ever, obviously ! i'm also know
I'm a founder of a little cosplayer group called A.B.Y. Legion and as you guess my favorite role is Obi-Wan !
I love create by my own my costumes (but I'm not ashamed to ask for help if necessary)
I'm a gamer of star wars game (kotor games, jedi knigth series, Battlefront 1 e 2 )
And i like fight with my lightsabers... :-)

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 11 hours ago #83274

• Verelius Karn
Hi, my name is Verelius. I've been a huge fan of sabers and swordsmanship since I was a little kid. To kick things off with a bang I bought my first custom saber from SF yesterday, a champion mystery box! May the force be with my luck!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 6 hours ago #83284

• etanol
My name is Marco, 23yo, I'm from Brazil. Star Wars is a big part of my childhood like most of you guys here. I'm new to this lightsaber stuff, not gonna lie. I hope to find some help here to buy my first one.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 6 hours ago #83285

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome to our newest members!

New Member Introduction Thread 3 weeks 6 days ago #83410

• shane45_1911
  • Thank you received: 19
Wow, I've just discovered my newest addiction!
In the last week, I've ordered 3 ASP builds, plus an Ares and an Aeon from SF, as well as a Fury from Etsy. They're all Warrior builds (for now!) as I don't foresee myself dueling, and I'd rather jump into this hobby with quantity vs. "quality" (in terms of features), at least for now.
I will definitely share some pics when the goodies start arriving, but in the meantime I will lurk and learn and enjoy the eye-candy as I live vicariously through all of you that actually have sabers-in-hand.
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, all!
"Do, or do not - there is no 'try'."
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by shane45_1911.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Prodigal Son Owner.. (10 Posts)
    • Great Hilt and a must have in anyone's Collection regardless of it being your first, second or...
    • SithStalking (11 Posts)
    • Quote: almost surprised this didn't the 'marble-lous' look :whistle: :P :lol: :lol: but why settle for...
    • Quick question(s) about t... (11 Posts)
    • I had a yellow LED once. The color was good, but not very bright. I had SF swap it to Amber and it's...
    • Quick question(s) about t... (11 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: I would say that Amber is closer to that color than Yellow would be. The SF Yellow is a much...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6452
  • Latest Member: madaqasq
  • Total Posts: 64.2k
  • Total Topics: 5429
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 6
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 72
  • Yesterday Answer: 47