Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Acolyte.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 6W Purple Champion Acolyte weathered with Crimson

6W Purple Champion Acolyte weathered with Crimson 2 years 3 months ago #6381

• TenFootNine
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey guys,

The Video! Click the link, or maybe the embedded video will work as well. :)

this is my review for my first saber from Saberforge.
It was in the mail today , which is awesome, because I ordered it on the 21st (Saturday) and it was shipped on the 26th (Thursday). Shipping to Germany took 8 days, and the package did not get sorted out by customs because the label on the outside declared it as a "LED torch and plastic tube" worth 25$. :) So thanks to saberforge for that, saved me around 70 € for customs.

All in all it is my 3rd saber, I have a stuntsaber from US and a DIY saber from The Custom Saber Shop with sound.

The video I did is still uploading and maybe I'll have to retry that again because i might have to switch off the PC before it is finished. :P I'll add the video later.

The saber itself and buying it:
Pros:
- The Hilt is very well machined and the weathering looks very nice.
- Sound volume and colour of the blade
- Shipping time
- Wielding it, nice weight distribution, I like heavy hilts
Cons:
- Wrong soundfont
- Poor communication with Saberforge
- Hilt is just one piece plus pommel

Couple of other things:
- The Blade is very bright, the brightest I have seen. I compared it to a midgrade blade from US and my personal favourite, the corbin style battle blade from TCSS (have to say this is still my favourite because I love the core effect). The blade is lit all the way through, no "tube" visible, and it looks very, very sturdy. Actually the first blade where I wouldn't hold back when hitting anything. Only the tip isn't that well illuminated, but nobody has managed to do that so far.
- At some point I might actually take it apart and have a look at the electronics. The speaker/battery assembly is held in place with a clip and the LED with a set screw, so it shouldn't be hard (curious how the switch is locked in place. We'll see about that at some point.

All in all, I love the saber, and even though at first I was put off by their messages, I WILL order from Saberforge again. Can't really decide between an empty hilt and a HERO RGBA right now... Time will tell. :)

My sabers:
- Purple Champion Acolyte
- Blue Warrior Epoch
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by TenFootNine.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: O.G. Jedi Lord

6W Purple Champion Acolyte weathered with Crimson 2 years 3 months ago #6387

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Awesome review (and saber) mate! Its funny! At first, I was looking at purple sabers with disgust! Now I'm starting to love them, and I'm considering maybe buying one to play the ''Reborn'' part of my character!

Wrong sound font? That's sad! I just wrote to SF yesterday to make sure my staff was coming with crimson soundboards in! They told me I asked just in time, since my sabers were about to reach the work table! I've had the chance to ask them for a couple customizations on it!

It seems that they sometimes answer quickly, and sometimes they don't answer for a few days straight!

I'm dying to see this video! I want to see a purple saber in motion (Not that Mystbyte's video wasn't ok... The more you see the better!)

All this to say, thank you for you review! The Acolyte is getting very popular and I think it is a good think! This apprentice line is very well welcomed by the community!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

6W Purple Champion Acolyte weathered with Crimson 2 years 3 months ago #6458

• TenFootNine
Video uploaded! :woohoo: :)
My sabers:
- Purple Champion Acolyte
- Blue Warrior Epoch

6W Purple Champion Acolyte weathered with Crimson 2 years 3 months ago #8894

• Jedi Norch Keelm
  • May The Lord Be With You
It sounds like the right font,the dark side hum is supposed to be deep and rumbling
The following user(s) said Thank You: ButMnkySidKicGy
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (3 Posts)
    • Hi Vechaljian, I'm not sure how that hilt is put together but is there a possibility of a tactile...
    • Tanto Hilts Coming! (2 Posts)
    • Hmm, Interesting. Makes it difficult for me to post my first attempt at 3d modelling without being...
    • Tanto Hilts Coming! (2 Posts)
    • I just saw this render on the Facebook group. Phil had asked Thomas Snyder to do a quick render of...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5292
  • Latest Member: ijiwusik
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 15
  • Yesterday Answer: 6