Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Inquiry: Next ASP Restock?

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 10 months 2 weeks ago #76008

• Vandomar
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey guys,

First, I want to say how awesome this site is. My girlfriend and I wanted to make sabers for costumes to our annual Halloween party, but as I'm sure many of you are aware certain parts are out of stock or on pre-order. In particular, the Venom Body, Reliant Switch, And Grafflex Pommel are not available at the moment.

I wanted to inquire about how often ASP parts are restocked and how long it takes for pre-ordered parts (and thus the whole saber) to become available. Really, as long as they're in our hands by Halloween it's fine. I just wanted to know if that's a possibility?

Aside from that, thank you so much for your time. It's been a dream of mine to create my own lightsabers, so thanks for helping the dream come true. Hopefully it won't be long until I can get the site my money!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 10 months 2 weeks ago #76012

• SaintLucifer
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Vandomar!

The whole "pre-order" feature is new. A lot of folks had been waiting for restock on certain parts since February and longer. As the pre-order text says, I'm sure we're all expecting, if not hoping, for 6 weeks before parts are shipped. I ordered mine with no custom finish as those parts always go out fastest. If in stock, you can expect your order to ship within a couple of weeks.

I have a polish and clear coat jade fire order that was placed in mid-March and still waiting...not a problem, but if you're planning for Halloween, I'd be placing an order by July at the latest. I think there may be the possibility that pre-orders may close, which is why many of us placed an order the day pre-orders started, around 5/15/17.

I hope that helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vandomar

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 10 months 2 weeks ago #76017

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 186
I think perhaps in case you want a saber before Halloween, it's best to buy a full hilt; I myself have had an ASP design in the works since October and haven't been able to finish it - that was up until 2-3 weeks ago, when the Thin Neck Adapter 02 was finally restocked (aka a wait of nearly 6 months).

Now I'm not saying the same will happen to you, but in case you're really banking on a certain part to finish your own ASP design - and you want to own it by Halloween - I figure you're better of avoiding the risk of running into the same situation as me.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vandomar

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 10 months 2 weeks ago #76022

• Vandomar
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the advice, guys! Really appreciate it.

I have one build I want to do, but the right pommel isn't in stock. Every other part is. Would it be possible to order it with another pommel and have that not glued in? That way, the whole saber is assembled and when the pommel I want is out I can just order that that screw it on when it arrives. No muss, no fuss.

Would that be possible?

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 10 months 2 weeks ago #76040

• SaintLucifer
  • Thank you received: 6
Vandomar wrote:
Thanks for the advice, guys! Really appreciate it.

I have one build I want to do, but the right pommel isn't in stock. Every other part is. Would it be possible to order it with another pommel and have that not glued in? That way, the whole saber is assembled and when the pommel I want is out I can just order that that screw it on when it arrives. No muss, no fuss.

Would that be possible?

That shouldn't be a problem. To my knowledge, the pommel is never glued in, so you can use it to hide your M&Ms until your internals are installed:)

Still, just add a note in your comments that state what you wan't and it shouldn't be a problem. If for whatever reason they do glue it, just take a blow dryer to it for a few minuets and it'll loosen up.

Good luck!

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 10 months 2 weeks ago #76044

• Nolaan
  • The Fencer
  • Thank you received: 21
Looking back, I would probably buy the parts I wanted as soon as they were available because the restock may be quite small and they go o-o-s overnight.
It's never too late to go back.

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 9 months 1 week ago #76799

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 570
I got a reply from CS rep, about the Mauler parts. 6 week standard time frame for restock. If the part is no longer available then it will be removed from the website. So there is still hope for the Mauler ASP. Thanks CS for the speedy reply.

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 9 months 1 week ago #76817

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744
=Ottomatix= wrote:
I got a reply from CS rep, about the Mauler parts. 6 week standard time frame for restock. If the part is no longer available then it will be removed from the website. So there is still hope for the Mauler ASP. Thanks CS for the speedy reply.

I hope the six weeks standard time for restock is in for good. Thin Neck Adapter 02 was out of stock for six months before returning. Now the standard version of Thin Neck Adapter 01 is out of stock. Perhaps no wonder why SF thinks ASP is selling slow. Well that's partly because people need complete parts from the emitter down to the pommel. So if one item is out of stock, unless folks are willing to substitute, then a whole ASP saber build is put on hold.

Various versions of the Adapter 02 and 03 are also out of stock. This pretty much dampens the demand for any thin neck ASP build.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Execute66.

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 9 months 1 week ago #76826

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 570
Ex, I agree with you 100% The community's backing of the ASP line afforded SF to upgrade their buisness to a level even they hadn't anticipated. I can't understand why it's so difficult to maintain inventory with all that new equipment.Obviously there's alot we just don't know about their buisness model and plans for the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 9 months 1 week ago #76831

• Gen Croix Man
  • Premium Member
  • Your focus determines your reality
  • Thank you received: 46
I think it would be great to try and promote it a bit using the fact that a youngling has to make his own lightsaber to become a padawan can be a great slogan.

"The Gathering was a rite of passage of the Jedi Order meant as a lesson to teach the young Jedi to overcome their own personal fears or failings to find a kyber crystal attuned to their Force presence on the Crystal Caves of Ilum. Upon retrieving the crystal, a Jedi initiate began the process of constructing his or her lightsaber, under the guidance of Professor Huyang. Part of the training process of a Jedi, it signified a youngling's readiness to be selected by a Jedi Master and begin training as a Padawan learner."

Saber Forge can't take you to the Crystal Caves of Ilum but it can take you to http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure where you can create your own lightsaber.

I didn't find the ASP builder until after we put the order in. We mocked them up using Microsoft Paint which was very time consuming.

I love all the "look alike" sabers but making my own design with the vast selection SF has was the reason why we bought from them. The first few sabers I'll buy will be my own creations, then I'll get look alikes.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"Do you hear that? That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 9 months 1 week ago #76832

• wamphyri13
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
My buddy had a great idea that would really benefit ASP. Tweak the builder so that when you design the saber you really want, there's an add to cart button to immediately place it in your cart. Then you can select the build level, colors, sound, etc. Impulse buyers will find it simpler, and us forum folk will find it more expensive! lol
I find it weird that ASP isn't as big as I thought it was. The whole purpose of a lightsaber is to make it your own. They're all supposed to be individualized. Sure, canon hilts are available, but all my purchases have been through ASP. My only pre built hilt is a Redeemer that was a Christmas gift. I have 5 sabers with 2 more upcoming that are all ASP. I think I might have a problem.
Ryan
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by wamphyri13.

Inquiry: Next ASP Restock? 9 months 1 week ago #76833

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1767
That's something they have wanted to do since the beginning, but were some development issues with it. When that kind of functionality is added to the builder, things get so slow, it falls below acceptable baselines. But, they are working on it.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Brax.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Pre-Order Sabers Question... (5 Posts)
    • I ordered a Graflex Pommel that was on pre-order last May. It was delivered in October. I didn't...
    • Saber Selfies (309 Posts)
    • Not to worry, Master Tyeth! I certainly wasn't having the greatest day yesterday; however, this...
    • Veteran USA | Weathered w... (31 Posts)
    • Quote: Hilt exterior was received in the weathered finish. I sanded it using 400grit (-600 grit) wet/dry...
    • VIRTUAL SABER BUILDER??? (22 Posts)
    • On a computer i would say update your Java, Flashplayer, and Shockwave....but on a phone???

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.2k
  • Total Topics: 5825
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 26
  • Yesterday Answer: 31