Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: just got 2nd asp order today

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87948

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 29
I ordered an ASP saber with a crimson install with dark fonts and wanted to change some fonts so I downloaded the Master font form the saberforge website and noticed all the sound files had a .wav at the end. Well I load up the gui interface and delete all files in bank 3 and then try to drag over the new files and it won't let me drop them in like in the demo video I saw. What's happening?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87954

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
ok i figured it out. after you delete the files you gotta click on burn to chip then once that's done exit the program and load it back on again and then it will let you drop new sound files in.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87961

• EJT
  • Thank you received: 4
Not sure why you needed to do that workaround, but normally you can delete all the sound files and drag new sound files onto the editor without needing to burn to chip in between those steps. I'm glad the workaround worked for you, though.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87965

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So I made some changes to some sound files I wanted to upload but it's not letting me upload the files can I not just delete a few files and replace those do I have to like delete everything and upload everything at one time?

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87966

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 130
Yes you should be able to delete select files then copy over new ones... but remember the new files have to be named exactly like the ones you deleted.... so if you delete say clash5.wav the new file has to be named clash5.wav
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87967

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
Also the files have to be mono, 22050Hz, 16bit PCM, no metadata.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87968

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Why isn't it letting me just replace a couple of sound files? Do you have to replace the entire thing?

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87969

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
Read last 2 posts

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87970

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Also, I thought saberforge included a blade plug with saber orders. I didn't get one. Do only some people get lucky?

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87971

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
I know what format they need to be in, I was able to remove a hum file and edit it to increase the volume and upload it back so it's louder and it worked but then I wanted to delete certain swing sounds so I did that and then I found other swing sounds from another bank that I liked so I wanted to upload some of those which were named the same way as the ones that were removed but it won't let me upload now. Those sound files are from the backup sounds off the saber so they have to be the correct format.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87972

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 367
Danielbs80 wrote:
Also, I thought saberforge included a blade plug with saber orders. I didn't get one. Do only some people get lucky?

You didn't order a saber, you ordered parts and had them assemble it. There's a difference. I don't think ASP emitters come with blade plugs.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87975

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
You would think with the amount of money I spent on the ASP lightsaber which is more expensive then a pre-made saber I would still get the same kind of treatment. After all it's still a saber they made it's not like I just ordered the parts alone.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87977

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Nothing on the ASP assembly package page says you get a blade plug.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87978

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Nor does it for a pre made saber

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87979

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
I must say they did a wonderful job on this. Not one scratch or scuff on it and works flawless with spot on sensitivity. Needed to be adjusted down with the software though but now its terrific. I love the ability to just plug it in a pc and make adjustments amd change sounds. Gomna need to make my next order one with the hero teir. Im just dreading the wait time. I ordered this on in Nov so about 3 months wait it was. I wish saberforge would make a video on the actual process an order goes through, it would be so neat to see what goes on.

image upload api
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87980

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Not all sabers come with blade plugs. Thin necks don't, for example.

Though, you got everything you paid for, so I don't get why you're complaining about not getting a $10 blade plug. Most smiths charge extra for those, the fact that they include them at all is nice. They don't have to include them. As you said, nothing on the site says they come with them. They can include or not include them if they want to. I'm pretty sure I've seen unboxing videos where people haven't gotten them, and the sabers weren't thin necks.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87983

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Don't need to be defensive. Its not a bad thing for them to not include a blade plug for free. Just would have been nice considering every review i seen they find a free blade plug and i am just giving my experience here which is what this place is for. Perhaps i was a wee bit of a sourpuss since my first order came with a scratched up emitter. You would think for the amout of time it takes to ship some asp parts that were not on backorder or preorder mind you that they would take a little more care. I have pics in the other thread i made. I realize mistakes happen but given the amout of time. Come on. Anyway. Cant wait to do my YouTube reviews and be part of all those, its a thing i suppose. Dont think im a hater, i think saberforge has a great product and i plan on ordering more.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Danielbs80.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #87998

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 82
Because your saber is ASP, you have to purchase your own Blade Plug. had it been a normal saber, it would have included the blade plug.

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 1 week ago #88004

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1915
Danielbs80 wrote:
... and blade plug optional..

it's not like I just ordered the parts alone
Not to split hairs here but technically, you selectively chose the 4 parts alone conditional to the Pro Assembly option.. but i get what you meant..

just got 2nd asp order today 1 month 6 days ago #88066

• Kazemichi
  • Jedi Starfighter
  • Thank you received: 17
WTF !? Your second ASP is the same as I ordered !! I thought that statistically it would be next to impossible to order all the same parts ! You have the sorcerer body, ASP#8 switch and a vengeance emitter, right ???

The only thing that will differenciate our sabers is that I asked for a different alignment (I want the switch section facing the other side) and that I added a coupler part between the body and the switch section.

On one side I find it gorgeous so I'm happy, but on the other side I'm a bit sad since it won't be as "unique" as I thought...
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (52 Posts)
    • Quote: Deviant art? where can I find your stuff? :D I believe I put it as my website on my profile here...
    • You got the link up there :) Sure. Put up the link. We can all join all options and then check...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (28 Posts)
    • I belive that's normal....so once you get confirmation that saber is recognized then start the...
    • I would be interested in joining Ser's Discord server as a fallout. I will also note that myself and...
    • Adept (4 Posts)
    • Quote: Hey all Looking at buying an Adept, but have a question to all those who own one. Are the shroud...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.3k
  • Total Topics: 5831
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 29
  • Yesterday Answer: 68