Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Arbiter.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2!

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52636

• Afkor
  • I can't believe I got one! I will definitely saber this moment.
  • Thank you received: 12
Yessssss! It's finally here. I ordered this saber, also with an Acolyte 6W+ on Dec 28 and it arrived on March 19th.
Now you may be wondering why it took me so long to write this. Well I'll tell you in a bit. Let's get the review done first shall we?

First things first, customer service. The people at Saberforge are the "bomb". I asked to change my color multiple times until I decided on indigo, which at first I didn't think they would allow. (They did) They also sent me a brand new blade for free after the tip came off whilst dueling. They got me a new covertech knob after it fell off and was lost as well.
10/10

Second, dueling quality. As you may have read, the blade tip came off, and that was a bit disappointing, but they sent me a new blade so it's all good right?
Well I was swinging the new blade around, not looking where I was swinging and hit a chair extremely hard with the blade tip. Thankfully the tip didn't come off, however, the mirror in the tip broke off and fell out. I didn't have my blade in at the time. I was a little mad about that, but I put the mirror inside the blade and put the blade in my Acolyte. The mirror was then able to slowly move around on the inside of the blade. This meant that when the mirror was at the bottom of the blade and I pointed the blade to the ground, the mirror would slowly move up the saber, making it look like the blade was igniting outwards. It was cool for a bit, but it made the light a bit dimmer so I ended up fixing the mirror with some super glue.
Other than that dueling was great, though the sabers are a bit heavy.
7/10

And finally, the saber itself. I gotta say, it is BRIGHT! You can feel the heat from the LED on your hand from a few inches away. The saber itself is bright enough during the day, and is even more bright in the dark. Remember how cool glowsticks used to be when you were little? They can't even hold a candle to the 12w+ LED. The color itself looks stunning, though it isn't the white core you see in the pictures. I have a super close up right here so you can see the real color without the camera messing it up-

The only real problem is the LED gets really hot, but other than that, it's definitely worth the upgrade.
9.5/10

Overall, I give this saber a 8/10. Originally I was going to give it 9/10 stars, but there's a good reason why I didn't.
When I first got both of my sabers on March 19, and finally got the 12w battery to charge to full after waiting a few hours, I pull out the battery pack and guess what?

The wire broke. I don't know if it was my fault or saberforge, but as you can imagine I was devastated. I waited 9 weeks for this and it broke in less than 24 hours of receiving it.
But this is another reason why I gave customer service 10/10. They handled the problem with care, even offering to get me a free shipping label so I could send it back for repairs. After a bit of emails back and forth for a few days, I shipped it back for repairs. Unfortunately when they received it they didn't inform me when it would return. After almost two weeks of waiting I got it in the mail today. They gave it a new covertech knob and even polished it up, I got it pretty banged up while I had it. So far the LED works great and as always, super bright.

Even after that episode, I will probably buy another saber. Worth it.
look at those cool glowy stabby things.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52637

• Afkor
But I know why you really came here. Pictures. Here ya go.

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52638

• Afkor
More pics-

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52639

• Afkor
Aaaand more pics. Sorry for spamming B)

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52641

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
That is the kind of SPAM that is highly encouraged around here!

Great saber, and a great review! What do you think you will go for next?
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Afkor

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52645

• Afkor
I'm looking at a weathered Champion Oracle with quick connects and a white 12W+ LED, though it'll be a while before I can buy it.

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52650

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
Great choice for your next endeavor!

I totally understand about having to proceed slower than we want to on these things. There are at least half a dozen sabers that I have decided will definitely be mine some day. However it is likely that it will take as many years for it to actually happen, due to other more pressing priorities. Real life has to come first, but having a goal for that next saber is never a bad thing. I always think of it this way. The having would not be anywhere near as sweet, without the wanting that came first, and let's face it...the longer the wanting goes on, the sweeter the having ends up being! :woohoo: :P B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52688

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Congrats on your Arbiter! Indigo is a wonderful color for just about anything. I'm with you on having to wait it out between saber orders-life does have a tendency to get in the way of fun. It's all good though...
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52861

• JediLCD
  • Thank you received: 9
I have been trying to find out what the indigo looks like and thanks to you that is def the color I am getting! Great review good luck with that chosen blade

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52875

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
One pretty looking Arbiter. Nice color choice. Loving the Indigo. Congrats!
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52920

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Nice saber! That indigo is really beautiful. It's nice to finally see the actual real life Indigo color rather than the white-core stuff like we see in the movies. It'd definitely be nice if people could do like you did and take a picture of the actual color. Very helpful!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #52923

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
That looks awesome! Congratulations you got your saber, and I'm glad you were able to get the issues resolved. Indigo is a very unique color, and pretty pretty as well.

EDIT: I said "pretty pretty", and I'm sticking with it.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by RyanRising. Reason: The fact is that you are not going to be fun. This sentence was generated by the bar above the keyboard on my iPhone.

12w+ Indigo Arbiter V2! 1 year 2 months ago #53252

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Afkor, a successful complimenting twin to your BO Acolyte. Effective LED combination between the two as you demonstrate another of your 'glowy stabby things'. The 12+ Indigo is an extraordinary colour with equal measure of illumination. Thank you for sharing and with such high resolution images like you did before.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4691
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119