Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 6 months ago #58016

• MrBond
  • Thank you received: 22
So now my first "custom" saber (SF or otherwise) has arrived. I bought it the first day it went up on the website (Feb. 21st), a bit over 3 month ago. It did not disappoint since I basically wanted a ROTJ Luke saber without the control box. When I ordered it I realized thru the forum that apprentice hilts are a bit thinner than their elite counterparts, so I was a bit surprised that it was bigger than I expected it to be.

There's a few things quality wise that I noticed, nothing major and things you might expect of milled pieces like these. The speaker "grill" in the pommel doesn't sit flush in it's slot for example. It's glued there tight tho so I'll leave it be for now. The center tube that goes in the blade is a tiny bit off center so that the width of the metal on one side is slightly thicker than the opposite. Barely noticeable, nothing to freak-out about.

The all-plastic new kill-key well... it is what it is. I would've like the old ones better but I get why they went with those. Still gonna buy one on TCSS to replace it.

From what I've seen recently on the forum, I wasn't too surprised that they sent me the wrong charger (EU version) as it seems a common mistake. I also got a regular blade instead of a thin-neck one, so the film inside crumpled when I tried it on.

Still with all that, I sure love the thing! Can't fully charge it yet because of the EU charger but it's still quite bright, I'll have to check again once I get a replacement. I went with the Viridian soundboard because of the way the led is set up in thin-necks, else I would've gone warrior tier and do my own install for FoC (Spark 2). The way I figured, if you want optimum brightness, you want the center lense and 12w+ like the SF led setup so no FoC for this one and the Sabercore soundboard does a good enough job.

Now pics!

P.S. Am I part of the Emerald Knights now? :lol:
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by MrBond.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, For Tyeth, OvrcAHst

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 6 months ago #58019

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1716
The glory of a Chosen makes its way to shore since the wave began, nice addition and Congratulations MrBond. Do you have a pic of the Speaker grill and Emitter you reference? Shame about receiving the incorrect blade but I'm sure SF will accommodate the correction. I'm more surprised that you were able to fit the blade into the emitter given the glue creates an obstruction. Do you know what the blade holder depth for this is? Trying to determine if it's consistent to other thin necks from the Elite Series.
P.S. Am I part of the Emerald Knights now?
I'm no Member of the Emerald Knights so cannot speak on their behalf however I believe the only criteria for eligibility is Green, so I dare say you're in. In image#4 showing single grip, when two hands are used do you find the placement of Covertech acceptable? Thank you for sharing your New Hilt.

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 6 months ago #58021

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
You are most definitely a member of the Emerald Knights, now. Welcome, initiate, and nice saber!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 6 months ago #58024

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1459
Man, if that did not gain you entry into the vaunted Emerald Knights, I don't know what would!

Nice saber man!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 6 months ago #58026

• MrBond
OvrcAHst wrote:
Do you have a pic of the Speaker grill and Emitter you reference? Shame about receiving the incorrect blade but I'm sure SF will accommodate the correction. I'm more surprised that you were able to fit the blade into the emitter given the glue creates an obstruction. Do you know what the blade holder depth for this is? Trying to determine if it's consistent to other thin necks from the Elite Series.
Here you go:

Here you see the left side being thicker than the right looking down the emitter:

And the crumpled film in the blade, it's glued on there, not loose as it's supposed to:

Dept of the emitter is 3/4" and the inner middle part sticks out a 1/4".

Sliding the blade in on mine wasn't as tight as some people were saying in the few Chosen reviews out there that I've seen...
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by MrBond.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, OvrcAHst

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 6 months ago #58027

• MrBond
In image#4 showing single grip, when two hands are used do you find the placement of Covertech acceptable? Thank you for sharing your New Hilt.

It's acceptable only if you don't mind your hand over where the thin-neck starts. Still is comfortable tho. Both hands without the Covertec will fit nicely below the start of the thin-neck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 6 months ago #58041

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Happy you joined the Emerald Knights. For will be proud. Congrats on the new Chosen, its a pretty saber :)
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 6 months ago #58080

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 356
Awesome Chosen. And awesome color choice! Welcome to the EKs!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 6 months ago #60836

• MrBond
Just an update to say I have received the replacement charger and blade... awesome customer service! BUT... received, again, a regular, non-thin-neck blade... I'm starting to think the source of the problem is whoever packs, check-lists or assembles the orders to ship. Now I just feel bad for SF losing time and resources on a simple issue and I'm just gonna modify it myself but they should really check up on that because it seems like a recurring problem. Their now awesome customer service sure makes up for it tho and I'm still a happy customer.

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 5 months ago #62031

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Given how the covertec is a bit in the way on this saber, have you considered replacing it with a D-Ring, which has a much lower profile?

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 5 months ago #62193

• MrBond
It's not really in the way when mostly used one-handed like I do...

Chosen - Champion tier - green w/32" blade 1 year 5 months ago #62227

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
The Chosen does stand out from it's other thin-neck brethren in a good way! Very nice saber!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Kylo Ren Lightsaber *POSS... (1 Posts)
    • So I came across this photo of Ben/Ren's saber from THAT scene, anyone thinkin SF should hop on this...
    • Look what i discovered (2 Posts)
    • Yeah chemical reaction causing heat they use hot glue for that reason
    • Kylo Ren Lightsaber *POSS... (1 Posts)
    • So I came across this photo of Ben/Ren's saber from THAT scene, anyone thinkin SF should hop on this...
    • Mystery Saber return! (2 Posts)
    • The $125 MB sabers just completed another successful run, and are sold out for the moment. The $300...
    • Saber electronics died (3 Posts)
    • Quote: On a side note, does anyone know how long I should charge the battery for before it is at full...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6262
  • Latest Member: PlebausaurusRex
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5280
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 29