Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Crystal Reveal Prodigal Son.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion CR Prodigal Son 12W+ Green Viridium

Champion CR Prodigal Son 12W+ Green Viridium 11 months 2 weeks ago #62682

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
You can catch most of my review over in the PS review I did earlier.

This new crystal reveal design seems to be more sturdy than the previous incarnations (or so I'm led to believe). I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first crystal lightsaber. The first few times I tried opening the crystal section, it took a little extra strength to open it up but it did pop open. Even to close it took a little effort. There aren't many threads to catch and hold it so be patient when trying to close it up. The crystal looks really nice sitting in its holster and lights up really well when activated. It even flickers like the blade when it's on. No rattling of the LED or speaker but the blade seems to wobble a little bit. I have this thing pretty tight and there is still some wobble. I'm going to play with it a bit and see if I can get it sturdy. The new video that is listed on SF main website in the CR section of the PS shows off the saber well. Although I would state it does sag very slightly in the reveal position. Nothing that will bother me because I won't be dueling with it, even though there are statements being made that you can now. My emitter can be twisted right now and I can see the threads if I turn it enough. Not sure if I should use Loctite to seal the threads but I may just leave it alone considering I don't plan on using it much. It will probably be a shelf queen.
The LED seems a little less bright then on the Elite tier at this point. Now it was stated that the LED in the new design is housed even lower in the grenade section to light the crystal. I think this sacrificed some brightness of the main blade but I won't know for sure until a full charge tonight.
The sound from the Sabercore 2.0 is the same as from my Avenger Review and nothing has really changed. A good board but I do believe the SC 2 is better.
Overall, I'm happy with the new look even though it took about 23 weeks to arrive. I want to spend a little more time with them to get the full appeal of both sabers. I may do an update after a few weeks of using them to see if my opinions have changed. I couldn't wait to open them up tonight when I got home from work. So far so good. I'm really enjoying the look and feel of both of them.

Here are some pics of the CR PS.

- Light em up

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, OvrcAHst, HotRod, DK44, jonnys95s10

Champion CR Prodigal Son 12W+ Green Viridium 11 months 2 weeks ago #62688

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
Upon further review, the wobble that I described was not coming from the blade but from the emitter :( . Where the emitter meets the grenade section is loose. Not sure if Loctite would fix it so any recommendations would help. If I have to send it back with an RMA I will but if I can avoid it, I'd like to. I know some of you thin-neck owners have experienced this so please let me know your solutions if you fixed it yourself or did you decide to send it back to have it fixed?
- Light em up

Champion CR Prodigal Son 12W+ Green Viridium 11 months 2 weeks ago #62693

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Andi-Jae EL wrote:
Upon further review, the wobble that I described was not coming from the blade but from the emitter :( . Where the emitter meets the grenade section is loose. Not sure if Loctite would fix it so any recommendations would help. If I have to send it back with an RMA I will but if I can avoid it, I'd like to. I know some of you thin-neck owners have experienced this so please let me know your solutions if you fixed it yourself or did you decide to send it back to have it fixed?
Mate, that sucks about the slight wiggle. I reckon since you've contacted SFCS about your Stand and GC, best raise this with them too. While I do have Thin necks, they're not SF Thin Necks (excluding Exalted because it's solid) and the loose parts I did encounter are either from the grenade into the switch section or the speaker housing in the Pommel. I did use Loctite on those for mine and, well.. no more wobbles.

I don't feel confident about troubleshooting the wobble on yours (unless you're feeling game) only because I'm not completely familiar with the anatomy of the CRTNs and whether anything else internally was changed to accommodate the new CR function. I do hope it's only a minor setback though and you have the matter corrected quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

Champion CR Prodigal Son 12W+ Green Viridium 11 months 2 weeks ago #62710

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
That sucks about the wobble man---does it wobble even if everything is snug? AIthough i haven't had any problems with wobbling on my PS, my emitter (at the top where the blade goes in) came loose one time. I just snugged it real tight without any locktite or anything and its been fine....im not sure about the part that screws into the emitter, especially on a CR prodigal son, is it the LED that might be wobbling?

Champion CR Prodigal Son 12W+ Green Viridium 11 months 2 weeks ago #62741

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Hey, I'm REALLY sorry to hear about the wobble. I bet the locktite came loose. If my Redeemer is any indication, it wobbled there as well. I had to use plumber's seal tape and locktite to get it solid. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and I bet it won't require any major surgery on your saber. I can also say, all of my return experiences with Saberforge have been excellent.

Despite this, your review still makes me want one. Enough so to consider canceling my CR Exhalted and going for this one instead.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

Champion CR Prodigal Son 12W+ Green Viridium 11 months 2 weeks ago #62748

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
DK44 wrote:
That sucks about the wobble man---does it wobble even if everything is snug? AIthough i haven't had any problems with wobbling on my PS, my emitter (at the top where the blade goes in) came loose one time. I just snugged it real tight without any locktite or anything and its been fine....im not sure about the part that screws into the emitter, especially on a CR prodigal son, is it the LED that might be wobbling?

At first when I put the blade in (and it was as snug as I could get it), I thought it was that but after looking at it more closely, it's definitely the emitter. Where it screws into the grenade section, I can turn it and it can go deeper or start to come out of the grenade section. Also, I can play with it where the emitter can shift slightly. I've contacted SFCS and just awaiting their guidance. Hopefully if I do send it in, it's a quick turn around. Normally I would troubleshoot this myself and because of some of you one here, I've learned many way to fix some of the more common issues with thin necks. But because it's a new design and a crystal reveal, I'd rather not void the warranty and just have SF fix it if need be. Good news is that my Elite Hero seems to be ok. No issues with that one (so far).
- Light em up

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Bossk - Warning - LOTS OF... (33 Posts)
    • Following on from my meeting with For Tyeth at a recent Comic Con I thought I'd post a quick update....
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi For Tyeth, it was great meeting you in person and seeing your Bossk inspired lightsaber in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: Swimmerres
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 15