Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Dissident.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: My 12w Light Blue Dissident - Warrior Tier

My 12w Light Blue Dissident - Warrior Tier 1 year 10 months ago #15163

• michaelcheddar
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everybody, my name is Cheddar. Today I will be doing a quick review of my very first saber. I first found out about Saber Forge about a month ago and after obsessing over a few youtube reviews, I decided to take the plunge and order my very own saber.

I arrived on my choice of the Dissident because of the simplicity and elegance of the design. There was something about the leather and polished metal with black accents that really caught my eye. It wasn't until after placing my order did I learn that quite a few people are impartial to the Dissidents design. I then began to wonder if I made the right choice, while still patiently waiting for my saber to arrive. Eventually I asked for a few customizations in the last week of my saber's build, and every one of my emails were responded to and relayed to the builders.

Those feelings of doubt that I experienced in the interim of waiting went away the moment I held my bubble wrapped saber in my hand yesterday (despite the initial scare that I had when I saw the condition that my USPS box arrived in). Gosh damn. Right off the bat, The saber is a lot heavier than I expected. But in a good way. The polish is clean and the edges on the entire saber are crazy nice. In case any of you guys like myself were wondering, the length of the Dissident hilt is 12.5". Which I find to be a perfect size.

One thing worth mentioning that I haven't seen anyone talk about is that the fabric that Saber Forge ties on the bottom of the switch section is actually glued on so that it doesn't slide down on to the grip area. I don't mind it, and Im sure its a 30-second fix to remove it, but you may want to keep that in mind if you plan to remove the fabric knot from the get-go.

My two absolute favorite parts of this saber are the emitter and the leather grip. The leather grip is comfortable as hell and provide a nice and solid grip on the saber. Two-handed or one-handed, this leather section and hilt as a whole can do both; nothing gets in your way and everything feels just right. I haven't mastered spinning yet, but I'm confident in my ability to do so with this saber. The emitter is just pure badass. I love the black angled emitter with the notch, and the unique weathering on the edge of it that reveals a little bit of silver just sets it over the top. Best emitter I've ever seen. Period.

As far as modifications go, I asked for a particular leather, a dual tone covertech knob (I forgot to purchase the belt clip... whoops :pinch: ), additional switches, and a 32" blade. Saber Forge met my requests without question. Overall I am one ecstatic Jedi. My first saber and this experience couldn't have been any better.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

My 12w Light Blue Dissident - Warrior Tier 1 year 10 months ago #15164

• EvilGeth
  • Thank you received: 3
I got a Dissident last month (I still need to review it, just waiting on my new camera to arrive) and I absolutely love it, especially the emitter. When I first got mine I thought I'd just remove the cloth because it'd get in the way, after finding out it was glued I left it alone, it's kinda grown on me now lol. Yours' looks great in blue! I got mine in mint green (It's a little dim for a 12W but I think it's because it's mint), mine was a brown leather wrap as well though yours is a lot darker then mine is, mines more of a orangy-ish brown. You took some kickass shots, looks great :)

My 12w Light Blue Dissident - Warrior Tier 1 year 10 months ago #15169

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
Beautiful saber!
I do love that emitter, I might have to get that ASP part.

:whistle:
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Darth Floyd. Reason: Move text

My 12w Light Blue Dissident - Warrior Tier 1 year 10 months ago #15173

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
i love that saber and i bought mine in early april because i longed for that saber in a big while
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

My 12w Light Blue Dissident - Warrior Tier 1 year 10 months ago #15277

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1059
I do love that color, and it looks damned good on that saber!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

My 12w Light Blue Dissident - Warrior Tier 1 year 10 months ago #15291

• Zeno
  • All is as the Force wills it.
  • Thank you received: 3
When I first saw the reveal of this saber I was a little underwhelmed. But after seeing these photos, I definitely know what my next saber will be. I'm thinking I'll go for light grey wrapping on the grip and I'll request the fabric below the switch section in a similar grey colour if possible. I think any of the blue colours would be fitting with the colour scheme of the hilt.
Exhalted (Purple)

ASP 'Banisher' (Amber)

Guardian (Green)

Avenger (Medium Blue)

My 12w Light Blue Dissident - Warrior Tier 1 year 2 weeks ago #58598

• Maeron Marek
It's absolutely beautiful ! Until lately, I was going for the Reliant as my first saber but the other day I checked again all saber hilts and I found in the Dissident all the things I love about the Reliant and the Gladius without the aspects I dislike in these two.

What did you ask exactly to get this leather color ? It matches the hilt perfectly and gives it a much more authentic look in my opinion.

My 12w Light Blue Dissident - Warrior Tier 2 months 2 weeks ago #74146

• AurelSanca
It does look like a Dark Brown Leather wrap. Someone can confirm it ?
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Spark Color 2 "Saber... (4 Posts)
    • Thanks guys, great call :) and what it turned out to be was a strand of wire from the original hero...
    • Your switches are making contact with something bridging them Like the chassis or even body.
    • Hmm. That's the in-hilt editor program, which is supposed to be activated by holding the Aux button...
    • I'm working on putting my SF prodigal son V2 back together, when I pull my kill key I get the...
    • Family Photos (13 Posts)
    • Quote: I need more arms... [attachment] Hey, if Grievous can do it, than you can too! Don't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5225
  • Latest Member: KevinTrola
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4660
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 5