Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66277

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602

Dual Tone Black Emerald Knight 12Watt+ Purple

Influences from Corran Horn Speeder Handle Saber Hilt. Many variations from creative interpretation exist with this design across several Vendors. One of notable mention was the SF Custom Legacy Tier that was developed featuring a Crystal Chamber (IIRC).

This Emerald Knight in particular was a bit of a wild card with what to expect and with its unboxing after delivery, the conclusions drawn exceeded it. The SF Adaptive Version born from ASP looked simple enough in design and promoted handling ease. These conclusions were made from image reference only. Of the 3 Finishes it is available in (Standard DT, Weathered & Black) the Black was most appealing and would come to be my first All Black Hilt. As such a dark Hilt whilst it can be debated that the blade colour should be White, what I saw this Hilt to be paired with was Purple and namely with how much I like Purple through a Photon for an acid Green. This sufficed with Blade type colour manipulation rather than opting for a Hero Setup.

I referenced just now that expectations were exceedingly met. This primarily focuses on the design intricacies and handling comfort. Regarding the Kiwi Finish, I was a little deflated with how boring and flat it was in person. So I added some accents to personalise it and (insert another horn toot) Black-heavy in a Dual Toned Finished is beautiful.

I stripped the Emitter flange from the Black anodise for a little something different. This becomes a reflective compliment when the blade is illuminated as it also brings a once darkened hilt to the forefront with subtle hints of Silver. The same treatment was applied to the tops of the 2 greeblie/blade retentions and the 3 vertical sectional bands as part of the Emitters design. Subbed out the lazerforge kill key with a polished Silver knurled one, removed the black covertech and repeated the stripping on the Pommel ring and end-cap tapered flares. Pretty happy with the result.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Purple| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Crimson Font| (Modified) Black Finish| Black AV, Purple-lit| Black covertech| lazerforge kill key

Hilt length: 275mm (10.8268”)
Blade Socket Depth: 50mm (1.9685”)
Choke Diameter: 30.03mm (1.1823”)
Switch Diameter: 37.57mm (1.4791”)
Main Body Diameter: 36.58mm (1.4402”)
Lower Body Diameter: 43.45mm (1.7106”)
Pommel Diameter: 38.06mm (1.4984”) steps down to tapered flares 33.02mm (1.30”)

Weight: 425Grams (14.9144Ounces)
Balance (from Pommel to POI): 128mm (5.0394”)
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 26”: 270mm (10.6299”)
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 32”: 301mm (11.8504”)
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 37”: 364mm (14.3307”)

Consistent to Blade retention by setscrew, there is one. With this EK design and the Emitter choice, the two greeblies double as blade retentions also, encouraging a more secured blade. General handling sees me utilising these two thumbscrews only and not the setscrew, very handy.

Another light and relatively shorter Hilt, perfect for a favoured single hand wield and accommodates easily for dual. This Saber I like very much. Credit to the configured use of Parts, solidly secured and held together. Am a little surprised that I couldn’t find any faults with it (with the series of bad luck I have experienced for the so far shared Hilts). The Standard All Black I don’t consider a fault rather displeasure from personal taste and acceptance.

The consistent dimension transition from the Switch section to Body is remarkable. The knurled texture on both adds tremendous grip and aesthetics is delivered as well with the accenting lines.

I declined the optional Upgrade to further accessorise this Handle-looking Hilt.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, Borommakot, HotRod, DK44, SuUpberSith, Neesh Kedoo

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66278

• OvrcAHst
Very Happy and satisfied with another addition to my Collection. Haven’t any more to articulate or comment from observation with this. Kinda buzzing from such a user friendly and finished Hilt.

Thank you for stopping by.
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7, Execute66, Greysider, Neesh Kedoo, Gnost-Dural

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66279

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Beautiful Emerald Knight, congratz! I don't normally go for an all black hilt but yours have nice silver breaks throughout that give the lines and shape for definition.

How come you have a Lime Green LED in there? Quick Connects?
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66281

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Wow. That's incredible OvrcAhst. I love the look of that hilt. That little bit of silver peeking through all that black is perfect. Well done!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66283

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
Very nice my friend! A worthy entry into the slowly growing ranks of the all black saber group. B) B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66288

• OvrcAHst
Thanks for the Comments Lads. :)

Execute66 wrote:
How come you have a Lime Green LED in there? Quick Connects?
LED Module = Purple. Nope, Fixed Connect. Photon Blade. :P The resulting Green from a Purple injection to a Photon is far more amazing compared to a Lime Green. Well... I think so anyway. :lol:

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66291

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Lovely addition the family. The DT black look is awesome!

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66293

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
OvrcAHst wrote:

LED Module = Purple. Nope, Fixed Connect. Photon Blade. :P The resulting Green from a Purple injection to a Photon is far more amazing compared to a Lime Green. Well... I think so anyway. :lol:

I have tried that before and I just tried it again. It has a pink/purple core and the Photon green around it. The ultimate pimp color Emerald Knight. :P
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Execute66.

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66301

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Damn that thing looks fantastic with purple! Great review as usual OvrcAHst!

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66311

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
tassles, a mirror, and a bell? you're a very funny guy, mr. ovrcahst!

i know what you're saying about the all black hilt. when i received the kiwi katana, i was like "meh." :S

very noice mods, mate, and congrats on receiving a hilt without having to print out a RMA sheet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, SuUpberSith

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66324

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi. Thanks for the stellar review with options. Tassels may be the deciding factor for me for getting this saber. ;)

Really like that almost slime green color from the photon blade. Good choices all round. B)

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66365

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
I have tried that before and I just tried it again. It has a pink/purple core and the Photon green around it.
:blink: Yeah.. I don't get the pinkurple core. :huh:
The ultimate pimp color Emerald Knight. :P
:lol: This much I can agree with.

DK44 wrote:
Damn that thing looks fantastic with purple! Great review as usual OvrcAHst!
Thank you DK. I had debated Purple with Amber originally but the main colour I really saw this Hilt (& Finish) in was the result of a Purple in a Photon so that how I went.

Gnost-Dural wrote:
tassles, a mirror, and a bell? you're a very funny guy, mr. ovrcahst!
:lol: C'mon now. A Handle-inspired Hilt, surely I'm not the first whose mind it crossed that everyday accessories associated with a bike would be do-able? ;)
i know what you're saying about the all black hilt. when i received the kiwi katana, i was like "meh." :S very noice mods, mate
Cheers. B) I kinda played with the mods on Black Lotus before this one. Gots to start somewhere right? :lol:
and congrats on receiving a hilt without having to print out a RMA sheet.
Thank You and I know right!? Having a reference to RMA is one thing but having a partially completed Template saved on my Desktop for repeated use is not the funny part I hope for with deliveries. Known that RMA is an acronym for Returned Merchandise Authority, in order not to plough my head through yet another gyprock wall, I even started playing a little game by coming up with alternatives to what RMA is an acronym for at the time of completing said RMA. While it's not uncommon for stuff on the Net to be flagged NSFW, well I won't elaborate on my game playing with the reasoning it's NSFF. (Forum).

This one was mostly exempt from the fate of a RMA, others, unfortunately do not. But, you know as well as I, it's anything up to 6Weeks turnaround for Returned FootLongs.

Dauntless 7 wrote:
Hi. Thanks for the stellar review with options. Tassels may be the deciding factor for me for getting this saber. ;)
Really like that almost slime green color from the photon blade. Good choices all round. B)
Thank You. Glad that the Tassels may just be something you'd get but was something that I didn't. :P The slime Green is a favourite of mine right now. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66381

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Wow, the way that black with the silver highlights turned out really sold me on the emitter for this one! Turned out fantastic!

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66405

• OvrcAHst
Zeddicuus wrote:
Wow, the way that black with the silver highlights turned out really sold me on the emitter for this one! Turned out fantastic!
Thank you. There's obviously more Silver in the standard Finished Emitter but too much for my own liking. The Silver highlighting experiment actually started with this one. :lol: Greater surface area to work with was more friendlier by comparison. ;)

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66452

• Unleashediv
  • Thank you received: 36
Wow! That is amazing!
Definitely adding this on the collection to buy some day and definitely in that finish for sure!
Thanks for the pics and review. Definitely has me sold now!!

:woohoo:

Congrats on another amazing addition!

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66467

• OvrcAHst
Unleashediv wrote:
Wow! That is amazing!
Definitely adding this on the collection to buy some day and definitely in that finish for sure!
Thanks for the pics and review. Definitely has me sold now!! :woohoo:
Congrats on another amazing addition!
Thanks Mate. ;) I should highlight (Justin Case, you missed it) it don't come like that default from Order, if you gots some tools: great, otherwise it's lots of sandpaper and repetitive motions. Be sure to keep your elbows well greased. :)

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66608

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
As has been already stated, that black and silver contrast is top notch! Congrats! That is one heck of an awesome hilt. This one looks like it got a bit of both form and function in one hilt! Performs well and looks good doing it.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66622

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
As has been already stated, that black and silver contrast is top notch! Congrats! That is one heck of an awesome hilt. This one looks like it got a bit of both form and function in one hilt! Performs well and looks good doing it.
:lol: and with the optional tassels too like a rhythmical gymnast with ribbon twirling in-hand to add more flair to a flourish.

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 2 weeks ago #66638

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
OvrcAHst wrote:
:lol: and with the optional tassels too like a rhythmical gymnast with ribbon twirling in-hand to add more flair to a flourish.

You need more flair?

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by HotRod.

DT Black Emerald Knight SF|Story so far.Pt III 9 months 1 week ago #66676

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
You need more flair?
:lol: For those times when your running down the street (or at your opponent) with Saber in hand and the brisk gentle breeze of the wind catches the tassels from the blade plug (well you're kinda done before you started if advancing at your opponent without a blade). Gay and free and prancing like a Pony. :huh: What are we talking about again here? :blink:
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4690
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119