Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Gladius.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14136

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
So, got my first of many sabers in today, and right away, I was impressed. I mean, look at the condition of this box!!

It's like, brand flippin' new!!! That never happens! WAY TO GO USPS! I give them some serious, major kudos for this.

Then, I opened the box. Ahhhh. The loveliness within... words cannot adequately express, and I'm sure that most, if not all, of you will completely and utterly understand when I say this. When you open that box, and pull out the saber, and it is perfect, in every way, every part included, every piece in place, the saber itself flawless, exactly as you wanted it... and you grip it that first time... it's a piece of magic and wonder, it's not just a toy, it's not just a fancy flashlight. In that first moment, that one moment when you grip that hilt and know immediately "This saber was made for me".... it's just... indescribable.

That aside; this saber is the new, redesigned 2015 Gladius, fully ASP compatible parts, etc etc... and before I show any pictures, I want to go a little in depth on my feelings on this design first. When I first saw it, I hated it. I didn't like it at all. I didn't think it was a good idea to redesign the Gladius, a known successful design, one of their staple designs, a beautiful, simple, elegant design that handled perfectly and flawlessly... BUT. I kept an eye on it, and watched others' views and opinions on it. And, when some more pictures came out, I started to see the positive sides of the new design. Then, I found out a key item; the LED retention screw no longer required a "canyon" machined into the back of the hilt... no more catching the skin between my thumb and finger in that and knicking it all to hell! This design instantly jumped up a hundred notches... and now, now it's mine.

It is GORGEOUS. The weathering, so perfect. The wrap complements it beautifully, as well as the LED color... it's just overall a stunning saber. And, on the LED retention screw point...

Both screws are a little more "hidden" than on the previous designs. They sit in a bit more, aren't as obvious. I love this aspect of the new design... not the most, but it's definitely a nice overall touch. The design itself is beautiful, intricate. The detail and depth of the work on this is truly amazing and impressive... I mean, just look at some of it:

Even the design around the emitter really sets it off another touch:

Overall, I cannot say enough GOOD about this saber, and this redesign. It is flawless and amazing, comfortable, intricate, detailed, well-balanced (I got the 32in blade, for reference on the balance) and just... so beautiful. I love this saber. It's a great piece to restart my collection.

Stay tuned... Phoenix will be in tomorrow for another review, and a custom piece next week, followed by a Consular and the new Bane! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blorb

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14140

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1190
Awesome man! Hell, you almost have me wanting to add it to my top 5 list! The only reason it is not already, is because there are a couple of "yet to be released" models there that I have to see actual pictures of, before I can render final judgement,

That said, I agree that the new design is a good thing, and between the weathering and the wrap, it is a fantastic saber!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14142

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Well Hot DAM!
that is one kick ass saber you've got there man, the leather wrap compliments it perfectly, and seeing the redesign in the flesh really makes it look amazing…it came out great!
thanks for the awesome review, can't wait to see the rest as they come in!

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14143

• janus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
So gorgeous!
Many people and I were saying "old design was better" but...yeah it's not true!
New Gladius is so detailed and balanced especially at emitter and pommel. I got.

And I admire your photo skill too B)
Own: Descent Hero RGBA
Luxeon converted Hasbro Darth Maul FX
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14147

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Does the hilt give you any insights into the ASP system?

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14149

• Knytiri
  • Banned
h2soy wrote:
Does the hilt give you any insights into the ASP system?

Not sure what you're asking about lol. Most of the sabers offered from SF are ASP compatible.

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14152

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 61
Awesome review - good eye with the pics! What a way to celebrate HUMP DAY... Great looking saber. The weathering is absolutely what makes the difference for me. It elevates the design to next level status. Can't wait to see what that custom piece looks like!!
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14160

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Not sure what you're asking about lol. Most of the sabers offered from SF are ASP compatible.
:lol: Not sure what I'm asking about either. Gladius components were featured prominently in the ASP video and all the sabers I own (Sorcerer, Disciple, Phoenix) aren't typical builds so it was a question couched from a place of ignorance of the typical design (emitter, body, connector, pommel).

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14166

• Blorb
  • Thank you received: 6
Is this weathered or grey weathered?And what colour is the grip?Thx!

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14173

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I think the reason they were featured so much was that they were in the process of getting the new gladius pieces in and making sure they were all ASP good-to-go, and didn't have a whole lot of the other, new parts and pieces in just yet. BUT! Who knows, lol... all I can do is theorize. What I CAN say about it is that a thin-neck section with the gladius emitter, and a different body.... now. THAT.... that I can get very very excited about. =D
Is this weathered or grey weathered?And what colour is the grip?Thx!

It is not grey weathered, it is regular. I don't personally much care for the grey weathering; it can look good from time to time, but for a true "SITH" saber, it just looks a bit off. This was meant to be a very deep Sith-looking saber. =D The grip is the black reptile.

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14298

• Blorb
  • Thank you received: 6
I see...how long did u wait after ordering it?

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 2 years 1 month ago #14307

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Two days. Lol. They had some quick ships up for grabs ok their facebook recently.. about 15 in total. This was one of those.

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 1 year 11 months ago #18213

• Knytiri
  • Banned
So I guess I should update this, as I've updated this saber. Sounds logical, right?

So, a while back, I sent this puppy off to DarthMario for a little TLC. I loved the hilt and design and style, but when I picked up this saber on the quickship, it was only a stunt, and I wanted a saber with sound.

SO! DarthMario did a custom installation for me, installing a NBv2 soundboard, with a PEX to fully power the SF 12W Red LED, and a black AV switch with a white LED ring.

So here's some pics of the new AV, and it being all shiny and pretty. =D

Now! This is still a work in progress for me... just today, I ordered in a dremel, and some steel wool... gonna take some of the weathering off, do a bit of sanding, and I have a second LED module coming from SF (the Frost White) to switch in and out with the Red module. SO! More pics will be posted of the saber as the work is done...

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 1 year 11 months ago #18220

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1190
Every time I see a cool Gladius like this, I get closer to revising my "list" of sabers I must have. This one makes the case VERY well!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 1 year 11 months ago #18929

• duokun
  • Thank you received: 1
I really can't wait to see how this looks with the white LED. This design is growing on me a lot.

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 1 year 11 months ago #18986

• ThylacineWings
  • Thank you received: 3
I honestly outright disliked this design until these last photos. Wow.
Flammability warnings are a challenge rather than a deterrent.

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 1 year 11 months ago #18988

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 22
ThylacineWings wrote:
I honestly outright disliked this design until these last photos. Wow.

I concur. The weathered is very becoming on it.
Sabers owned:
  1. Non-SF Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. Kickstarter ASP (Champion)
  3. Venom (Champion) [Wife's]
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 1 year 11 months ago #19005

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I actually had to sell this one. Stupid.. life. Wanted to get a Bane instead, and ended up having to cancel that too. Life is stupid.

Did I mention stupid life?

What I did: took my dremel and smoothed all the edges out, made the entire hilt SUPER smooth and comfortable, very easy to handle and spin and everything else. :) Also, sanded off the weathering in two places to give it a little bit of an accented look, which I think turned out pretty neat...

Anyway. Here's a couple pics I took of it before it went out:

And one shot of the white LED... this is the only picture I took of the white. It was pretty nice looking tho. :)

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 1 year 6 months ago #34317

• ajsrise0
  • Thank you received: 2
So if I order the gladius, I will get this new, more detailed design, right?

2015 Gladius, Weathered Warrior 12W Red 1 year 6 months ago #34319

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 863
Hi ajsrise0,

Yes this model replaced the previous model. If you order a Gladius it may be different in finish and the other options but that depends on what you order. The actual shape will be the same.

For Tyeth
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• SCORE!!! My first SaberF... (26 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip....
    • Grandmasterbation.. (12 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B) He has all the Grandmasters.......
    • Quote: Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B) He has all the Grandmasters.......
    • Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B)
    • SCORE!!! My first SaberF... (26 Posts)
    • Quote: I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5501
  • Latest Member: Alenacausa
  • Total Posts: 57.9k
  • Total Topics: 4828
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 57
  • Yesterday Answer: 83