Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Jade Fire.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Oldie but Goodie

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89163

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 222
Recently while perusing through saber reviews I noticed that the Jade Fire has only three of them. So I thought I'd finally add mine---I've had this one for over a year now and just didn't get around to doing a review when I got it. It's actually my daughter's hilt that I bought for her during one of the sales that Saberforge had.

It kinda seems that this saber gets a bad rap--mostly because of the box on it near the emitter (the corners were kind of sharp) and the fact that it is a smaller hilt, but I have to say I find it quite comfortable to hold. It's a very light weight hilt, perfect for a one handed grip. I always thought this saber had a very unique look. I was glad when they sent it to me with the brass kill key and blade plug. My daughter loves this saber, especially the purple led. Personally, I think this saber would have looked better with Indigo (the purple seems too light for my tastes), but she loves it so I can't & won't complain.

All in all I really like this hilt--it's another beautifully done saber by Saberforge. You can't beat the silver/brass/black color combo of this baby. Here's the pics, thanks for looking!

Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by DK44.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KelbornX, Execute66, For Tyeth, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, scifidude79

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89164

• DK44
  • Platinum Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7, For Tyeth, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, scifidude79

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89165

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1090
Hi DK44,

Wow man, that hilt looks pristine, does your daughter even use it? That standard finish with brass works and the purple looks alright. A worthy addition to the gallery. I hope it serves her long and well.

For Tyeth

p.s. And you can't fool me DK those are your floor tiles, I can see the kickboard/skirting boards around the base of your walls!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DK44

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89170

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1784
I have to admit that when I first saw the Jade Fire, it did not thrill me. However, the more pictures I see of it, the more respect I have come to have for the design. It does not look like most other sabers, and I have come to know that is not a bad thing.

Thanks for the review of this great saber! B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89172

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi DK44,

Wow man, that hilt looks pristine, does your daughter even use it? That standard finish with brass works and the purple looks alright. A worthy addition to the gallery. I hope it serves her long and well.

For Tyeth

p.s. And you can't fool me DK those are your floor tiles, I can see the kickboard/skirting boards around the base of your walls!

Lol, I don’t think the Mrs would go for a whole floor with that checkerboard design

:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89173

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 372
That’s a great looking saber, thanks for the share. The purple looks pretty close to some images of what Mara Jade had, in other images it’s closer to the indigo. (In some it’s blue, but we’ll ignore those)

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89205

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1915
DK44 wrote:
Recently while perusing through saber reviews I noticed that the Jade Fire has only two of them.
:huh: :lol: I guess my once owned Crystal one was excluded :lol:
So I thought I'd finally add mine---I've had this one for over a year now and just didn't get around to doing a review when I got it.
Am kinda tempted to add this one back into the Collection.. ;)

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89208

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 746
A great saber. Apprentice line size but classified as an Elite because it is an elite good hilt. :)

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89212

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 187
Jade Fire is definitely on my want-to-buy list; I love the design as it seems to apply the rule of form follows function as most OT sabers seems to do.
Like the hilt is gorgeous because it looks functional and pragmatic; Mara Jade had to create a lightsaber that was going to be effective and useful and therefore made this utilitarian design.
Like of all the Expanded Universe sabers, I always felt that this one stayed closest to that original feel of the OT; of a Jedi/Sith just finding whatever parts they could find and throw them together and build/create a saber that would serve them well, but had lots of bolts and screws and such sticking out because they had to improvise.

I'll give that the Kylo Ren goes for the aesthetic, but seems too 'Sith-y'; like it is an example of function over form, but mostly because Kylo just blundered in trying to get his lightsaber to work (it being unstable and all).
The Corran Horn one's have the same idea (it's just that so far I haven't really loved - I do like them though, just not love - the interpretations most companies like SF, Solo's Hold, etc. have given it) and that the Princess looks gorgeous in weathered form, but if I were to mistake a lightsaber from the actual movies, it would be this one.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89216

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
[/quote]
:huh: :lol: I guess my once owned Crystal one was excluded :lol:

Ah yes! I do remember that one OvrcAHst—I thought there was more than two reviews—sorry bout that. At the time i was looking I didn’t scroll down to the crystal reveal reviews, lol—my bad
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 1 day ago #89218

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Jade Fire is definitely on my want-to-buy list; I love the design as it seems to apply the rule of form follows function as most OT sabers seems to do.
Like the hilt is gorgeous because it looks functional and pragmatic; Mara Jade had to create a lightsaber that was going to be effective and useful and therefore made this utilitarian design.
Like of all the Expanded Universe sabers, I always felt that this one stayed closest to that original feel of the OT; of a Jedi/Sith just finding whatever parts they could find and throw them together and build/create a saber that would serve them well, but had lots of bolts and screws and such sticking out because they had to improvise.

I'll give that the Kylo Ren goes for the aesthetic, but seems too 'Sith-y'; like it is an example of function over form, but mostly because Kylo just blundered in trying to get his lightsaber to work (it being unstable and all).
The Corran Horn one's have the same idea (it's just that so far I haven't really loved - I do like them though, just not love - the interpretations most companies like SF, Solo's Hold, etc. have given it) and that the Princess looks gorgeous in weathered form, but if I were to mistake a lightsaber from the actual movies, it would be this one.

Good point CrimsonJax88, this saber definitely has an OT feel to it. It’s funny you mentioned the Princess cause I almost got that one instead for my daughter—I thought for sure she would’ve wanted that one, but she wanted the Jade Fire, it’s her favorite followed by my Avenger. The Jade Fire really is a nice saber—it is one that has surely grown on me over time
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by DK44.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrimsonJax88

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 23 hours ago #89245

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 523
I agree with the above sentiment. No secret I'm much more of a fan of the OT canon sabers than anything else, specifically because of the found parts design of them and the "lived in" and "used" aesthetic they have. This hilt follows suit in that it appears functional, more than pretty.

I appreciate most of the PT hilts, and own some, but for the most part I feel a certain element that made up the mystique of the OT movies was lost with the overly pretty and flawless designs that permeate through the PT. A Greeblie here, box there, really makes it look like something real and functional.
www.etsy.com/shop/thekybershop

www.facebook.com/jasotsabers
The following user(s) said Thank You: DK44, CrimsonJax88

Oldie but Goodie 3 weeks 22 hours ago #89251

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 56
I liked that hilt the moment i saw it. I love the contrast of the brass, black and aluminium. I think that purple you have is perfect for it.

Pity that style kill-key is no longer available. Always liked that knurled metal knob over the laser-cut ones available now. Those old ones really need to make a comeback.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Shoto saber design, ISO i... (60 Posts)
    • Quote: Ah I see what you mean Major_Tom....it is a tad dark! But I could only judge on the photo you...
    • Ah I see what you mean Major_Tom....it is a tad dark! But I could only judge on the photo you...
    • Quote: The lighting in the photo isn't very good. I think BCII is a little too dark and BCI is a little too...
    • Chassis Available! (7 Posts)
    • I hope my Redeemer ordered in January will be fitted with that one....
    • Chassis Available! (7 Posts)
    • I'll still be here on May 1st. The force may be strong with you all, but the denial is stronger with...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.4k
  • Total Topics: 5842
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 146
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 14