Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Juggernaut.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67389

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1601
Geronimo!...

Grey Weathered Juggernaut 12Watt+ QC Pink

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Darth Malgus’ Twin bladed Cleaver. Whilst his representation will have you believe the Hilt follows a Black and Silver colour scheme with a Sinister Sith Red Blade (and this very version may even be a salvaged version of it), the V3 actually belongs to Malgus’ Master, his Missus, let’s call her Dawn, so rightfully introducing: The Hammer of Dawn.

The V3 weathering application is very different as delivered on this Hilt compared to the V3 weathering delivered on V3 Avenger (and another to be shared). All 3 are very different and not just limited to the theory that weathering on all Hilts can’t be duplicated because of the method of execution applied but rather, it would seem, that a different process is used each time. In short, whilst there appears to be some improvements of this over Avenger, the ‘limited’ option to ‘limited’ selective Hilts still creates an underwhelming impression.

Rather than the observational conclusions drawn on the other that results from some unknown chemical treatment (allegedly), this appears to follow more of a painted application consistent to the grenade foregrip of V2 CR PS. The effects onto the aluminium remain as surface colouring only and don’t compromise the solid feel of the Hilt or have any of the fragile brittleness surrounding it. Tick. Compared to that of V2 finishes however, it really is just a lighter version (sort of), significantly different to image representation on the Site. If this remains as intended acceptance with what grey weathering actually demonstrates, it really makes sense to not ‘limit’ the option to ‘selective’ Hilts and to simply Order the V2 version and further sand the Hilts surface yourself.

Why has it taken this long to share this Review from the FFS Series? Just because and will elaborate a bit more on it later*.

It’s a heavy SOB and one that is poorly balanced (for obvious reasons and not necessarily a bad thing, due to the twin bladed claws) making it excessively top heavy (even without a V4 inserted), but, that’s to be expected. The design itself (as a modelled after/influenced from) has generous visual appeal and what appealed to me was not the elements of the intended design. It commands dominance and has a ruthless energy around it, one that projects the fears upon those that set eyes upon it. My fears, whilst reminiscent of terror, were repeated as so, a consistency that is experienced often with my received deliveries.*sigh*

I opted for the Bronze Stingray Wrap for continuity to what was perceived as grey weathering from site representation. The default black leather contrasted against this V3 finish, like spoiler 2 above, was just nuts. As a textured wrap, it definitely adds to aesthetic appeal and by loose interpretation can convincingly appear like the hide of a Rancor. Comfort-wise, it sees a huge improvement from Reptile wraps (as I referenced with DT Black Lotus in said Review) but is still a distant second to the *insert colour here* leather wrap as I referenced with Xiphos (Gladius Version1.0) Review. For comfort and performance, the coloured leather wraps are the way to go. For aesthetics and performance, stingray is the way to go. Reptile, whilst available as an alternate really acts as an upsell for the former two as it distances itself further as a candidate. Yes, this from an Owner that is still not completely convinced about wrapped Hilt bodies so the measure of each can hopefully remain unbiased. But this is from my handling experience which I’m sure you too will have your own preferences.

This is a great looking Pommel. It writes (on shopsaberparts) that it acts as a counterweight to the Hilt’s balance. It really doesn’t, who are we kidding here? It lacks the finer addition of the greeblie pins when compared to Reliant Pommel but I guess this creates the separation between the two. I’d personally prefer the added detailing on a Reliant Pommel but even if I were to Order an individual Reliant Pommel with the intention on swapping out, on shopsaberparts, the two are named differently but are actually identical i.e. both share the appearance of the stock Juggernaut Pommel. Even the Product description for Juggernaut Pommel is a word4word copy & paste of Reliant’s description with Reliant referenced as the Part name in Juggernaut. It is what it is I ‘spose, high attention to detail.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, Borommakot

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67390

• OvrcAHst

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12watt+ Pink| Sabercore2.0 Crimson Font| Quick Connect LED Module| Brass Accessories (Plug, aluminium knurled kill key*, Covertech)| Bronze Stingray wrap| Grey Weathering
*Yes, SF still has these. They’re randomly included with randomly Ordered Sabers. You can request them without any guarantee of supply. You can’t buy them, even if the Site images still show them as current. So Why?

Hilt Length (Pommel to Emitter): 330mm (12.9921”)
Hilt Length (Pommel to Blade Claw tip): 399mm (15.7087”)
Blade Socket Depth: 48mm (1.8898”)
Emitter Length: 100mm (3.9370”)
Blade Claw Length: 195mm (7.677”)

Emitter Diameter: 35.65mm (1.4035”)
Neck Diameter: 28.65mm (1.1280”)
Body Diameter (w/out switch): 41.18mm (1.6213”)
Body Diameter (inc. switch): 45.99mm (1.8106”)
Wrapped Body Diameter: 37.27mm (1.4673”)
Pommel Diameter: 47.59mm (1.8736)

Weight: 845 grams (29.8065 ounces/1.8629 pounds)

Balance (from Pommel to POI): 198mm (7.7953”)
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 26”: 274mm (10.7874”)
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 32”: 303mm (11.9291”)
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 37”: 334mm (13.1496”)
*stock setup with both blade-claws attached.

With blade-claws attached, this Hilt tries to be a single hand Saber (with hand placement naturally going for the wrapped body as primary grip) but with the extra weight you either require great strength to wield this mighty hammer or become naturally aided by your second hand (with restrictions). Gripping it like a hammer with primary hand in choke creates a little awkwardness with finding the optimal spot around the switch plate. This has the blades-claws in a forward direction much like a downward swing when wielding a machete or cleaver. When the second hand is introduced, there’s a struggle with the positioning of the Covertech. With such a heavy and lengthy-clawed weapon, a covertech delete, replaced with a mounted D-Ring may free up valuable real estate on a shortened body. The alternative, is for the covertech to be mounted high up on the emitter for reversed belt attachment with blades pointing upwards instead of the traditional downwards.

With blade-claws removed, there is a knock-on effect where grip positions shift-up and with weight dramatically reduced and balance becoming more central, single hand wield with the shorter two blade lengths becomes ideal.

*(…this is later)I honestly wish this part of my write-ups can be skipped past and not actually exist. But, because it happens a lot and it’s evident to the delivered Hilt I receive and feature, it becomes a necessary inclusion.

As taken from Main Site, it would evidently appear that high attention to detail isn’t accurately defined or demonstrated here. C’ Mon Saberforge, I’m getting a lot of dropped balls here with Orders and time’s about due for a regroup to refocus and lift your game. It is likely the reference to high attention to detail exercised here is the very same attention to detail as defined by the reference to assembly and precision (or lack thereof). It is due to the ‘preciscion’ & ‘assmebled’ that results with this work of art, falling short.
Raped Malgus’ Arse!
Likely what the ‘assmebled’ actually refers to. Second chance corrections are becoming a too relied-upon remedy. If the reigns are tighter with Quality Checks before shipping out the product, my deliveries may become more consistently near-perfect much like it has happened once recently with V1 CR Redeemer. Dafuq!?

The low profile switch plate is a nice touch. Much more ergonomically friendly as compared to a guarded type (i.e. V1 CR Ares) but this is secured to the foundation of the Switch Part by one buttonhead retention screw and glue is relied upon for the rest.

The glue used experiences significant loss of adhesive strength under ‘normal’ circumstances and as shown here causes the non-screwed side to lift-away, creating a hairline surface break by way of a seam. Could the buttonhead retention screw have been located centred with the two switch holes drilled either side? Likely. But because of the screw position chosen at on side only, well.. balance is compromised with the plates installation.

I had hoped to see the last of this when the very same was experienced with V3 Avenger. Sadly not the case. I’m really left to wonder what adhesive is used other than sugary saliva. Again (outta the box) it looks more like Salacius Crumb has had a go at 3PO’s eye from ROTJ. This is a Fail. To blame it on the glue is also a Fail.

The grey weathering application (specific to this Hilt) is more a painted finish. On the Bladed Claws inside edges, it hasn’t been left to dry or cure sufficiently resulting in stripped sections and surface transfer…

…transfer that creates a stamped splotch no different from an overspray or paint pooling in one spot.

The blade claw retention screws Part I. If you fail the first time, just give it another shot. It’s just gonna get covered up, no one will notice, right? :dry: Poor oversight. Poor execution. Poor Supervision.

The blade retention screws Part II. There are two countersunk holes (either side for each blade) that the two hex socket head retention screws (different lengths) feed into for attaching to the Emitter. Got it right with the longer two, notso much with the bottom two where not only do they stick out from the recessed hole, they do so unevenly. *sigh* Moving on..

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67391

• OvrcAHst

The interpreted design element that appealed to me here was a straight-up, blade-clawless Hilt that featured (an unorthodox) slender Thin-esque-style Neck. And Yes, it fits in marvellously with the other Thin Necks. There is noticeable separation of a neck between the switch and emitter parts (compared to Reliant, which is much more shallow) and attempts to build this away from Main Site stock Ordering via shopsaberparts returned unsuccessful because the separation of a neck featured is non-existent and is virtually identical to a stock Reliant.

It is because the blade-claws are a removable option that this Hilt was seen as a Dual purpose Hilt (similarly how Black Lotus is a Quad purpose Hilt). If some of the above referenced discrepancies aren’t seen as imperfections for a fixed blade-clawed assembly that’s not meant to be removed, it would have lessened the observations made but ultimately, likely wouldn’t have become an owned Hilt either. The standalone Handicapped Ping Pong Paddle of a Hilt for the intergalactic Space Wars Table Tennis Championship, just doesn’t completely do-it for me. Yes, Malgus is an awesome character but this is not a Star Wars Replica or Malgus’ Saber. It’s Dawn’s.

A short handled Slender Neck.

The vibrancy of the Pink LED doesn’t disappoint. As a colour, has always been an accepted and appreciated one, witnessed through other Sabers using a Tri Cree RGB setup. It is an often overlooked colour due to presumed connotations but remains beautiful nonetheless, so rock-on from its brilliance and leave your insecurities at the door. If you like your Reds (and all its variants) and Purple (with its variants), Pink is a must-have as an inclusion spanning the spectrum.

Quite possibly a third interpretation of a Hilt design, a single blade-clawed Hilt.

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67392

• OvrcAHst
Back to stock setup.

Illuminated through a V4 Standard 32”.

Illuminated through a Day Red 32”.

Illuminated through a Day Amber 32”.

.. and back to a Standard V4.

Thank you for your audience.
Dawn also thanks you with stopping by.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, HotRod, SuUpberSith

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67393

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Wonderful detailed review as always. I'm disappointed to see that some of the work appears a bit more careless than what Saberforge normally delivers. That mis-aligned retention screw hole would drive me nuts. However, this is a gorgeous hilt. I love the weathering on the claws, and that string-ray is a gorgeous choice as well.

Pink is a wonderful choice for this hilt. That is not a color I would associate with it, but man does it ever fit.

You're right about the weight...it's a monster alright to hold with one hand. Since mine our clocked 90 degrees off, I'm wondering if the grip experience is different for me as I don't find it as difficult to find a place for both hands. Maybe I'm just biased. :)

I can tell you the gap on my control boxes are not that noticeable. Did I miss where you got this from? Was it a normal order, an Etsy order, or something custom?

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67398

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 492
This is the first time I have seen a gray weathered Juggernaut. Congratulations, it looks quite nice! The best parts are the grey weathered large side claws giving the entire hilt an asymmetrical look. Ashamed to see the kill key and recharge port fall loose again but that's an easy fix given it has happened. I suspect the glue was dabbed and rushed out without even a few minutes of adhesion time. The pommel looks similar to my gray weathered Reliant's pommel as you noted. Are the large side claws aligned well given the various misaligned retention screw holes?

Juggernauts must be the flavor of the week because I ordered one via Etsy; it is an Initiate, standard dual tone. Shall do sound install and maybe one or two other things.
"I am the Senate"

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67403

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 559
Very handsome hilt, Ovrcahst! Thanks for sharing it! The weathering is pretty top notch!

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #67513

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
Wonderful detailed review as always.
Thanks HotRod.
I'm disappointed to see that some of the work appears a bit more careless than what Saberforge normally delivers.
Being disappointed is being kind. As for 'normally'? I really don't know anymore. There's often references made to quality checks and quality without sacrifice and maybe I'm the tool that keeps receiving the odds fallen from the cracks, but these things have become the new normal for me. From Ordered to delivered, I may as well have signed-up for a Grab Bag only with paying a premium for what the unknown will be.
That mis-aligned retention screw hole would drive me nuts. However, this is a gorgeous hilt. I love the weathering on the claws, and that string-ray is a gorgeous choice as well.
It drives me nuts. If it was above the LED module I probably wouldn't have minded so much as it achieves a slight shine-through effect but because of the positioning and the setup I run (without the blade-claws), well.. bollocks. Stingray rocks.
Pink is a wonderful choice for this hilt. That is not a color I would associate with it, but man does it ever fit.
You're right about the weight...it's a monster alright to hold with one hand. Since mine our clocked 90 degrees off, I'm wondering if the grip experience is different for me as I don't find it as difficult to find a place for both hands. Maybe I'm just biased. :)
:lol: Maybe. And what!? the once off accident that happened twice for you? Is that the switch you mean? :whistle:
I can tell you the gap on my control boxes are not that noticeable. Did I miss where you got this from? Was it a normal order, an Etsy order, or something custom?
Sadly the gaps on this are noticeable. Not only that, press it with your finger, it closes the gap. Lift away, gaps back. It's got that momentary effect going on and the single retention screw, ain't getting any tighter.
'Normal' Order. FFS Series. ;) Grey Weathering isn't available through Etsy and Customs, well.. the lights are on but nobodies home. :)

Execute66 wrote:
This is the first time I have seen a gray weathered Juggernaut. Congratulations, it looks quite nice!
Thanks Ex.
The best parts are the grey weathered large side claws giving the entire hilt an asymmetrical look. Ashamed to see the kill key and recharge port fall loose again but that's an easy fix given it has happened. I suspect the glue was dabbed and rushed out without even a few minutes of adhesion time.
It's really not about whether it's an easy fix or isn't. As I referenced, high attention to detail. This expectation has been publicly advertised from Store and not just driven by my observations assessing the detail.
The pommel looks similar to my gray weathered Reliant's pommel as you noted.
Yeah, but missing the 4 little threaded greeblies on the Pommel recesses. :lol:
Are the large side claws aligned well given the various misaligned retention screw holes?
This much, they are. The centre hole of an anomaly has been tapped and threaded. Sad really, because an error wasn't recognised until much later and sadder still, just kept going with it and followed through with a cover up.
Juggernauts must be the flavor of the week because I ordered one via Etsy
So what you're actually eluding to is that it's your flavour of the Week. This is an FFS i.e. the great wait-frustrate of Jan 21. ;)

Borommakot wrote:
Very handsome hilt, Ovrcahst! Thanks for sharing it! The weathering is pretty top notch!
Thanks Borom with stopping by and having a look and with posting your comment. :)

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #67523

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 258
I can't help but get a bad feeling from all your recent reviews. Seems like every hilt you get has some flaw with it. And not just an oversight, but what looks like quality control issues or just plain sloppiness. That shouldn't be the case when you are dropping this kind of money.

I know SF is trying to grow, and like any good business that means finding ways to keeps overhead low while maximizing your returns. But I think SF needs to ask itself, what are our Core values as a business. If Quality is one of them, then they need to do an overhaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reborn

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #67534

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
:lol: Maybe. And what!? the once off accident that happened twice for you? Is that the switch you mean? :whistle:

Yes, I was referring to my control boxes. I basically told them I was making a staff and asked if I could get the "mistake" repeated and they said "sure...this one time".

I was wondering if you were an early adopter or ordering one-off pieces, but I don't think so. Just so you know you're not alone, I don't post every issue I have because Customer Service has always done an excellent job of taking care of me. They have yet to fail in turning a bad thing into a good thing. You guys saw the funky crystal I had in my Monarch. The blade could not be retained in that same hilt, either. I sent it back and they fixed it. I have also now had a saber's recharge port come loose...and I just glued it back in. I think what makes it tough for you, and this is by no means your fault or anything you can help, is that when you do have issues, it's not as simply to just "send it back in for repairs".

Again, I have had an excellent experience with customer service. Maybe you're at the point where you need to send them an e-mail explaining what you are seeing. They can only benefit from it...and maybe in future orders you remind them of your location so extra care can be taken to check things out before shipping.

I'm not trying to preach at you. I guess I just hate to see this happen to you and want to help. :)

And with all this said, they really should go out right the first time and I think we would all wait an extra week or two to rest assured that immediate returns become more infrequent.

Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by HotRod.

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #67545

• OvrcAHst
Jas-Ot wrote:
I can't help but get a bad feeling from all your recent reviews. Seems like every hilt you get has some flaw with it. And not just an oversight, but what looks like quality control issues or just plain sloppiness.
It's worth noting that my observations made are specific to what I receive and while the feeling's not always bad, it is definitely shrouded with nervousness with each and every anticipated receipt. It's a Review of what's placed in front of me. It will contain observations as I recognise, critique that may be positive and negative. It's not always a 10/10 with everything sugar-coated. :)
That shouldn't be the case when you are dropping this kind of money.
Don't disagree. Not necessarily applicable to all that are born but sadly, it happens and with mine, more often than not.
I know SF is trying to grow, and like any good business that means finding ways to keeps overhead low while maximizing your returns. But I think SF needs to ask itself, what are our Core values as a business. If Quality is one of them, then they need to do an overhaul.
Yeah.. I'm not in a position to answer that.

HotRod wrote:
Yes, I was referring to my control boxes. I basically told them I was making a staff and asked if I could get the "mistake" repeated and they said "sure...this one time".
;) acknowledged. I follow your posts. :lol:
I was wondering if you were an early adopter or ordering one-off pieces, but I don't think so.
A little bit of both actually. :whistle:
Just so you know you're not alone, I don't post every issue I have because Customer Service has always done an excellent job of taking care of me. They have yet to fail in turning a bad thing into a good thing. You guys saw the funky crystal I had in my Monarch. The blade could not be retained in that same hilt, either. I sent it back and they fixed it. I have also now had a saber's recharge port come loose...and I just glued it back in. I think what makes it tough for you, and this is by no means your fault or anything you can help, is that when you do have issues, it's not as simply to just "send it back in for repairs".
Thanks HotRod, it's a little reassuring however it doesn't change the situation. Rarely will I post a Review of a Hilt straight from the box. Issues are immediately raised with CS and every opportunity is exhausted to correct it. It is once the dialogue or case becomes closed, I make my acceptance and move on. Timezone differences and response times will see exchanges spanning from (average) 10 Days to several Weeks. i.e. I send an email which opens the dialogue, up to 3 days comes the reply. A reply to that reply happens and up to 3 days comes the next. You can see where I'm going. That's influenced with how immediate I dedicate my response times too 'cos my actual job takes priority over my personal hobby.
Measures received to address/correct are commonly DIY sand, glue, file or excused as what the design is. (i.e. V1 Bastion, V2 Forsaken) Extreme cases undergo RMAs (i.e. CR Guardian, CR PS, V3 Avenger) and the average turnaround is 6 weeks where return cost isn't always covered. 1week here to there, up to 3 weeks in the shop, 2 weeks there to here (even though everytime from here to there takes a maximum of 4 days).
Maybe you're at the point where you need to send them an e-mail explaining what you are seeing. They can only benefit from it...and maybe in future orders you remind them of your location so extra care can be taken to check things out before shipping.
I'm not trying to preach at you. I guess I just hate to see this happen to you and want to help. :)
Has no relevance. Bears zero weight. Achieves nothing. Matters are handled and addressed case/case. Pre-empting future Orders or revisiting past Orders isn't taken into consideration. :)
And with all this said, they really should go out right the first time and I think we would all wait an extra week or two to rest assured that immediate returns become more infrequent.
Agreed with the first part. Disagree with the second part. It's an interpreted slap in the face where (Case1: 13weeks in preshipment and Case2: 5weeks in preshipment) and you're fed the line 'takes 10-15 business days once shipping label is assigned...' when real measure of time has already exceeded that and when eventual delivery does occur, far from trouble-free. Agreed with the third part. Less frequent returns would be a glorious day. :)

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #67560

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Jas-Ot wrote:
I can't help but get a bad feeling from all your recent reviews. Seems like every hilt you get has some flaw with it. And not just an oversight, but what looks like quality control issues or just plain sloppiness.
It's worth noting that my observations made are specific to what I receive and while the feeling's not always bad, it is definitely shrouded with nervousness with each and every anticipated receipt. It's a Review of what's placed in front of me. It will contain observations as I recognise, critique that may be positive and negative. It's not always a 10/10 with everything sugar-coated. :)
That shouldn't be the case when you are dropping this kind of money.
Don't disagree. Not necessarily applicable to all that are born but sadly, it happens and with mine, more often than not.
Yeah.. I'm not in a position to answer that.

HotRod wrote:
;) acknowledged. I follow your posts. :lol:
I was wondering if you were an early adopter or ordering one-off pieces, but I don't think so.
A little bit of both actually. :whistle:
Just so you know you're not alone, I don't post every issue I have because Customer Service has always done an excellent job of taking care of me. They have yet to fail in turning a bad thing into a good thing. You guys saw the funky crystal I had in my Monarch. The blade could not be retained in that same hilt, either. I sent it back and they fixed it. I have also now had a saber's recharge port come loose...and I just glued it back in. I think what makes it tough for you, and this is by no means your fault or anything you can help, is that when you do have issues, it's not as simply to just "send it back in for repairs".
Thanks HotRod, it's a little reassuring however it doesn't change the situation. Rarely will I post a Review of a Hilt straight from the box. Issues are immediately raised with CS and every opportunity is exhausted to correct it. It is once the dialogue or case becomes closed, I make my acceptance and move on. Timezone differences and response times will see exchanges spanning from (average) 10 Days to several Weeks. i.e. I send an email which opens the dialogue, up to 3 days comes the reply. A reply to that reply happens and up to 3 days comes the next. You can see where I'm going. That's influenced with how immediate I dedicate my response times too 'cos my actual job takes priority over my personal hobby.
Measures received to address/correct are commonly DIY sand, glue, file or excused as what the design is. (i.e. V1 Bastion, V2 Forsaken) Extreme cases undergo RMAs (i.e. CR Guardian, CR PS, V3 Avenger) and the average turnaround is 6 weeks where return cost isn't always covered. 1week here to there, up to 3 weeks in the shop, 2 weeks there to here (even though everytime from here to there takes a maximum of 4 days).
Maybe you're at the point where you need to send them an e-mail explaining what you are seeing. They can only benefit from it...and maybe in future orders you remind them of your location so extra care can be taken to check things out before shipping.
Has no relevance. Bears zero weight. Achieves nothing. Matters are handled and addressed case/case. Pre-empting future Orders or revisiting past Orders isn't taken into consideration. :)
Agreed with the first part. Disagree with the second part. It's an interpreted slap in the face where (Case1: 13weeks in preshipment and Case2: 5weeks in preshipment) and you're fed the line 'takes 10-15 business days once shipping label is assigned...' when real measure of time has already exceeded that and when eventual delivery does occur, far from trouble-free. Agreed with the third part. Less frequent returns would be a glorious day. :)

I'm real curious to see if this trend continues with you. Sounds like you are doing all you can do without driving yourself crazy over it.

It also sounds like QA needs to be ramped up or revised. It is in their best interest to get these right because returns and exchanges costly for them too.

But I get it, having been a part of a quickly growing company it's tough to enact a new process when you're barely keeping up with what you have. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, though.

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #67578

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
I'm real curious to see if this trend continues with you. Sounds like you are doing all you can do without driving yourself crazy over it.
:) . It didn't start this way, mind you my first SF deliveries came out from Customs by Justin, and quite possibly there was keener eye for detail and finish. But the FFS Order (which was supposed to be received well before the Customs) had this downhill slope begin. :blink:
It also sounds like QA needs to be ramped up or revised. It is in their best interest to get these right because returns and exchanges costly for them too.
Agreed. With SFs popularity and back2back promo's it translates to high volume sales with high unit output. Still isn't an excuse though and as for costs of returns? I have my theories but hey, that's just me.
But I get it, having been a part of a quickly growing company it's tough to enact a new process when you're barely keeping up with what you have. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, though.
Quality Control is hardly a new process but again, that's just me. :unsure:

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #67607

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Quality Control is hardly a new process but again, that's just me. :unsure:

Ya know, next time I'm a work and someone says it's too hard to implement a new process, I'm going to quote you on this. :)

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 1 week ago #67713

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 296
Grey weathered Juggernaut. Different. Unexpected. Awesome. QC issues aside, that is a unique combo there and it works.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 1 week ago #67724

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
Ya know, next time I'm a work and someone says it's too hard to implement a new process, I'm going to quote you on this. :)
And at that very same time (when you're at work) when that someone says that, you'll also know who are the Adder's to the problem and who are the Adder's to the solution. :whistle:

Greysider wrote:
Grey weathered Juggernaut. Different. Unexpected. Awesome. QC issues aside, that is a unique combo there and it works.
:lol: Dawn's Juggs not Malgus' Juggs. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 1 week ago #67728

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 73
Wow, never thought of doing a Juggernaut in grey weathering, but with the bronze/brass contrast provided by the blade plug, stingray wrap and kill key, it really works :D
Sorry to hear about the issues, my hopes are that right now SF is just in a learning curve with all the new flow of orders ever since TFA hit (and of course with Rogue One coming up) and the fact that with ASP everybody is going nuts for making their own saber.
I'm hoping that right now they're sorta getting 'into the groove' of handling all this new activitity (perhaps laying low on the sales would give them some breathing time) and that we'll see less of these issues popping up in the near future.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 1 week ago #67767

• OvrcAHst
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Wow, never thought of doing a Juggernaut in grey weathering, but with the bronze/brass contrast provided by the blade plug, stingray wrap and kill key, it really works :D
I may end up cleaning some sections up by removing some of the grey weathering. Don't really have a game plan with this Hilt yet. It's on the List. ;)
Sorry to hear about the issues, my hopes are that right now SF is just in a learning curve with all the new flow of orders ever since TFA hit (and of course with Rogue One coming up) and the fact that with ASP everybody is going nuts for making their own saber.
I'm hoping that right now they're sorta getting 'into the groove' of handling all this new activitity (perhaps laying low on the sales would give them some breathing time) and that we'll see less of these issues popping up in the near future.
Agreed!

V3 Juggernaut FFS SF|Story so far. Pt III 6 months 3 weeks ago #69490

• OvrcAHst
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Member Introduction T... (2389 Posts)
    • Hi everybody ! Elouann, french lightsaber enthusiast ! I'm a student of the Sport Saber League,...
    • Family Photos (12 Posts)
    • Hoho, these are some awesome collections.
    • Family Photos (12 Posts)
    • Here's a pic of my WIP Bookcase All of these sabers are in some stage of work in progress. (this...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5225
  • Latest Member: KevinTrola
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4659
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 9