Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ronin sale???

Ronin sale??? 8 months 2 weeks ago #76976

• Nostrodummies
  • Never heard, hardly seen, and my results are legend.
  • Thank you received: 9
How is the Ronin on sale??? It's sale price is the same price it was 2 weeks ago....I'm confused
As kids we all want to to be Jedi. It's only when we grow up we realize that the Sith are much cooler.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ronin sale??? 8 months 2 weeks ago #76979

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 282
I just saw it for 100$ for the 16 inch, 75$ for the 12, was that what it was 2 weeks ago?
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Ronin sale??? 8 months 2 weeks ago #76981

• Nostrodummies
  • Never heard, hardly seen, and my results are legend.
  • Thank you received: 9
Yes that's why I'm confused. I'm almost positive that was the price 2 weeks ago
As kids we all want to to be Jedi. It's only when we grow up we realize that the Sith are much cooler.

Ronin sale??? 8 months 2 weeks ago #76984

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 519
The store page was updated before the promo images were put up; first I noticed it was last Tuesday (July 11). Don't remember what platform SF runs on, but Weebly puts stuff live before I click "publish" on the website I manage for work all the time (so annoying).

Anyway, that IS a 50% reduction off the original price when it was an Elite hilt (it's in the Apprentice section now). It was $199 as an Elite hilt, with just the option for 16" iirc.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by KelbornX.

Ronin sale??? 8 months 2 weeks ago #76986

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
The katana styles aren't usually my cup of tea but at that price I'm gonna snag one to practice etching on.

What do you think? Dragonfly and bamboo motif? A pair of coy?

Give me ideas.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Ronin sale??? 8 months 2 weeks ago #76991

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 325
It's not on sale, they're showing the new reduced prices. They've added the saber to the Apprentice tier page, a friend on another forum actually pointed that out to me last week. I guess they were just a tad late on the announcement. ;)

Ronin sale??? 8 months 6 days ago #77297

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Just looking at that saber again as have been wanting one with a tsuba for a long while. Was quite excited to read that with the 16" version the bottom part of the hilt body can be removed to make it an 11". Fantastic option ! :woohoo:

Ronin sale??? 7 months 4 weeks ago #77558

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Hi all. I have some questions about this saber and if anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to have left this to the last days of the 15% off sale. I am looking at the 16" version with deep red leather wrap and LED. Hilt weathered. Champion with Crimson sound. Here are my questions.

1. Is this saber quick disconnect compatible ? Would that cause the tsuba part to loosen.

2. Tri Force or Rising Sun tsuba ? Something that does not have sharp edges.

3. Exchange the pommel to a weathered Fallen one or other suggestions ?

4. Would like a fancier blade plug and need to know what length. Can always cut it down.

Again thanks so much for any suggestions and things to consider about this saber. That Talon is still calling out to me lol. :silly:
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Dauntless 7.

Ronin sale??? 7 months 4 weeks ago #77573

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
I don't have the hilt so I can't answer all of these with great accuracy... but...

1. Yes it is, and no it would not. The quick connects are micro deans connectors added between the LED and switch/battery or board, so you just loosen the LED retention screw, give it a good shake to dump the LED out of the emitter, then swap modules, stuff the new one in, and tighten the screw again. I'm not sure how the tsuba is attached, but I think it's threaded.

2. I like the Tri Force, unless you're going to do a tsukamaki wrap... then go Rising Sun.

3. Fallen pommel would look pretty cool; it grew on me lately and I ordered one to slap on my Arbiter. I like the functionality of the Ronin pommel (acts as a hand-stop to keep you from slipping off the end of the hilt), but it is pretty boring.

4. It looks to be a pretty deep socket based on where the LED retention screw is. If you put in your order notes "Blade Plug is for X saber emitter" they're usually pretty good at getting you the correct size. Though "too short" doesn't really matter that much... I just tilt a saber on its side to keep the plug from slipping down while tightening the retention screw.

As for recommendations, the ASP Blade Plug 6 would look good on the Ronin I think. There's tons of blade plugs on Etsy and eBay too, if nothing here catches your eye. (I can definitely recommend Defconbird on eBay)
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by KelbornX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7

Ronin sale??? 7 months 4 weeks ago #77576

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Thanks so much again KelbornX as your ideas and saber knowledge are always valuable. I was fortunate that India ( SF rep. ) was able to return my late email and answered my questions. But I always appreciate other member's perspective, opinions and experience... so please keep them coming. Likely won't order until Sunday as that is the last day. :)

Ronin sale??? 7 months 4 weeks ago #77629

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Just purchased the Champion 16" Ronin MK3 weathered with saber legion tuba and QD's in deep red and indigo. Crimson soundboard. Wanting a streamlined combat saber with tsuba for a really long time. Red day blade and some other supplies including ample metal kill keys for my Canadian lightsaber friends.

Will be awhile till I receive it as will be coming by very expensive USPS... which almost was a deal breaker for this purchase. No other faster option so I'll let the forum know how I like it in a few months. Minimal reviews found on YouTube. Will have plenty of time to come up with a customization plan. :lol:

Thanks to Service Rep. India for her wonderful help with this saber build. :)
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Dauntless 7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapine

Ronin sale??? 7 months 4 weeks ago #77632

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Woo hoo! Deep Red and Indigo are GREAT colors. The Ronin has only been an in-stock item for a little while; pre-orders started back in Jan. I've seen a few TSL fighters (including Phil himself) use this hilt to great success in recent matches.

Ronin sale??? 7 months 3 weeks ago #77649

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 766
Yeah, got to handle one at a TSL Expo at SuperCon a little over a week ago. Now I'm trying to unload a hilt or two to fund a powder-coated Ronin, hah.

Ronin sale??? 7 months 3 weeks ago #77676

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Thanks KelbornX. Really looking forward to getting this functional saber even though it's lacking greeblies and an interesting/beautiful design. It was so difficult to say later to a Talon or dark Emerald Knight. But I want something that I can bash about... just cus' let's say for therapeutic reasons. lol ;)

Not sure I totally understand what the pre-order deal is but haven't yet updated myself regarding the current SF lingo. Just happy with the price reduction. First SF saber since 2014... can't believe it. Still love my Venom though and occasionally mourning the gifting away of my X-Gladius.

Ronin sale??? 7 months 3 weeks ago #77678

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
I reviewed all the powder coating with a fine tooth comb but have a few ideas for an extensive engraving to make it really bad and fierce. Hopefully the black knurled grip sections will cooperate. Definitely will be a deciding factor in any customization.

But... the Translucent Mahogany created heart palpitations and when I saw the Translucent Violet felt weak at the knees. So if really like this saber will eventually order another with one of those or even the Trans. Grape color. Also love that deep red leather wrap.

Can't wait to see what you do with yours. :)
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Dauntless 7.

Ronin sale??? 7 months 3 weeks ago #77684

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Dauntless 7 wrote:
But I want something that I can bash about... just cus' let's say for therapeutic reasons. lol

The Ronin would definitely be great for that purpose lol. I've just been "backyard dueling" so far, but hopefully I'll be able to make some local TSL meets now that I have a few more duel-worthy sabers. One of the members of my local charter just got a 16" Ronin Mk3; hopefully I can convince him to let me try it out sometime.

Dauntless 7 wrote:
Not sure I totally understand what the pre-order deal is but haven't yet updated myself regarding the current SF lingo. Just happy with the price reduction. First SF saber since 2014... can't believe it. Still love my Venom though and occasionally mourning the gifting away of my X-Gladius.

Pre-order is either exactly what is says... a pre-order for a future product, or it allows you to place an order for out of stock items (particularly ASP parts) with a much increased lead time.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled in the FB groups for any more Xiphos/ v1 Gladius to pop up. That Amber Champion is still up in one of them.

Dauntless 7 wrote:
I reviewed all the powder coating with a fine tooth comb but have a few ideas for an extensive engraving to make it really bad and fierce. Hopefully the black knurled grip sections will cooperate. Definitely will be a deciding factor in any customization.

Hmm, engraving with a dremel or something might work but I don't think the knurling would play nice with acid etching at all.

Dauntless 7 wrote:
But... the Translucent Mahogany created heart palpitations and when I saw the Translucent Violet I felt weak at the knees. So if I really like this saber will eventually order another with one of those or even the Trans. Grape color. Also love that deep red leather wrap.

The Violet... :woohoo: One of these days... :side:

Pretty sure that "Mahogany" is what other vendors call "Oxblood", if so... in +/- 18-22 weeks... ;) :whistle:

Ronin sale??? 7 months 3 weeks ago #77704

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
Kelborn is right, you won't want to acid etch the knurling. Even if you ground or sanded it smooth it would still have some weird effects in the etch. Knurling basically presses the grooves into the metal, making the low points more dense than the high points, so even smooth those areas will still etch differently.

Fun fact, that's how the ATF pulls serial numbers off guns when people try to grind them off.

I think I'm going to snag one in cobalt stingray and a triforce tsuba. Do a ito wrap with leather or gutted shroud line and etch a dragonfly and bamboo motif on the tsuba, probably add menuki as well.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Ronin sale??? 7 months 3 weeks ago #77706

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
DS. I love the description of what you are doing. That colbalt color looks so rich and if you paired that with cyan... actually it would look so good with all the LED colors. Kind of left my order to the last few hours of the sale so didn't have the opportunity to research my options better. Initially was going to go with the deep red leather wrap and possibly remove it and then the tri-force tuba. After the legion one, this has the least sharp edges according to India. The blade will sit 2" deep but has x3 retention screws. You can request a metal kill key. Wish I could do an ito wrap but the diamonds would have to be close to perfect... meaning even lol. Can't wait for your future saber reveal as it's going to be stunning. What other sabers have you customized ?

Wasn't sure how deep the knurling was as couldn't get a clear/close enough photo of this saber. So just decided to go with the all combat version and if I like it enough will get another, with the violet translucent powder coat and perhaps even the red wrap just to boggle one's eyes and more QD's if easy to exchange. For this one after I see it, may have to scrap my current engraving ideas but will still accent the smooth parts. Also may change the legion logo but wanted the solid tsuba this time as I really am going to be more aggressive with it. First time with the Crimson soundboard so hope I will like that more gritty sound. Perhaps next order the v3 board will be available for general sabers.

Oh ... going to custom that pommel and try to add a long red tassel for likely Tai Chi. Should look great with the red day blade. Right now 26" is all that is available in this color but that should be about right to start. Haven't had a day blade before.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and plans for your own. I may want to get some customization ideas from you if that's okay. :blink: Now to practice some waiting patience... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Squidious

Ronin sale??? 7 months 3 weeks ago #77743

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
Thanks D7,

I wish they had the option to do a sleeve instead of a wrap, and I think a green stingray would be awesome. My biggest concern is not making the handle too thick.

Purple and red with will be very contrasty, I'm interested to see how it turns out. It sounds like you're going for more of a dao, willow leaf sword look instead of the katana. I bet it would look awesome with a ripper blade.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Darth Squidious.

Ronin sale??? 7 months 1 week ago #78465

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Just got notification that my Ronin MK3 saber is in the mail. Ordered on August 6th ! Takes about 2 weeks via the USPS and Canada Post to arrive. :woohoo:

Rapine... am practicing relaxing meditative state to prepare myself for the customs/taxes/fees. Sure hope I am going to LOVE this saber lol. :unsure: :silly:

By the way does anyone know why it is called " MK " ? Understand the version 3 part. :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, scifidude79
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• NEW APPRENTICE SABER: Xip... (14 Posts)
    • Just put an order in for a standard Xiphos myself. Now to figure out how I want to powdercoat it.
    • NEW APPRENTICE SABER: Xip... (14 Posts)
    • Quote: Ordered mine :lol: [url/]] Don't go buying up all of the...
    • Veteran USA | Weathered w... (6 Posts)
    • Very nice, Ovr! I anticipate some very solid shine-up work to come out of this saber from you. But...
    • Veteran USA | Weathered w... (6 Posts)
    • Hello OvrcAHst, Another great "Glam" review. That is a nice saber, and the weathering plus brass...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6817
  • Latest Member: gseshan
  • Total Posts: 68.3k
  • Total Topics: 5764
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 23
  • Yesterday Answer: 43