Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: So i bought a saber at comic con

So i bought a saber at comic con 1 month 4 weeks ago #85867

• sammy12369
pretty simple question, what is it and can i add a soundboard to it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

So i bought a saber at comic con 1 month 4 weeks ago #85885

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 520
Looks like a Sabertrio Arclyte.

Yes, you can add sound to it. They should be the same inner diameter as MHS parts from The Custom Saber Shop, so any electronics chassis parts from there or of that size (such as the 3D printed ones on Shapeways) should fit.

Since it doesn't have sound right now, you'd need to replace all of the internals. They use a 3w single LED in their stunt sabers, and with sound you'd likely want a tri-LED that supports Flash on Clash instead. And being a stunt it will currently have a latching switch, so you'd need a momentary switch instead. If the battery is an 18650 Li-Ion you can reuse it, but if it has the 4x AAA pack you'd need to replace that with an 18650.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by KelbornX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbl420

So i bought a saber at comic con 1 month 4 weeks ago #85963

• sammy12369
would you by any chance have links to where i can find these things? im also not sure how to fully disassemble it.

So i bought a saber at comic con 1 month 4 weeks ago #85968

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
This is your jumping off point and where 99% of things needed for a Saber can be found. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/

LED, pre-chosen colors or you can choose your own mix of dyes. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Tri-Cree-XP-E2-C138.aspx

Sound Cards. Good starting points are the Pico Crumble or Nano Biscotte, just depends on your budget and what features you want. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sound-C51.aspx

Momentary switch, can either be lit or unlit. I believe SaberTrio uses 16mm, if not just look at the 12mm instead. Also different styles of lit. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/16mm-AV-Style-RING-C148.aspx

As for disassembling it, really there's only a few things you'd need to do, but I don't know if their stunt version comes with a chassis(I think that depends on if you have an 18650 w/recharge port or not.) The LED will be held in with a set screw and the switch should be held in from the inside with a small nut you'll have to unscrew. I'd recommend a long screwdriver that can reach that far.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Kirabi.

So i bought a saber at comic con 1 month 3 weeks ago #86052

• sammy12369
there is no apperent way to remove the body

So i bought a saber at comic con 1 month 3 weeks ago #86078

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Yeah, this is not anything like an ASP from SF. Most sabers in fact are only 2 pieces, the pommel and the rest. You'll just have to get some long tools to get up far into the body. There are definitely videos out there that can give you a decent starting point.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New NBv4 build in the wor... (27 Posts)
    • Well if there are no objections, I will solder the other 3 wires like that and the two speaker wires...
    • Reclaimed Archon (3 Posts)
    • Such a tease.... ;) hopefully he gets them up soon. Im a sucker for the Archon.
    • Reclaimed Archon (3 Posts)
    • No pics are showing. :huh: Remember, in order to display, the file size limit for each photo is...
    • Veteran USA | Weathered w... (15 Posts)
    • Brief nailed, one much happier recipient.. B) Spoiler: SuperNova | First Form. [image][image] [image]

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6819
  • Latest Member: Wartind
  • Total Posts: 68.4k
  • Total Topics: 5769
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 19
  • Yesterday Answer: 37