TOPIC: New NBv4 build in the works

New NBv4 build in the works 1 week 22 hours ago #89128

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 29
The first step to riding the world of the darkside
Look wut came in the mail!!!
In a gift box!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

New NBv4 build in the works 1 week 14 hours ago #89149

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
I think ill tin the pads and wires

free image hosting for websites

New NBv4 build in the works 1 week 14 hours ago #89150

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member

New NBv4 build in the works 1 week 14 hours ago #89151

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
For every wire i strip a bit and i twist it a bit and dip a bit in the flux

tumblr image hosting

Then i put a bit of solder on it and it will flow onto all the exposed wire because of the flux

tumblr image hosting

New NBv4 build in the works 1 week 13 hours ago #89152

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So i am wondering how i should attach the wires. I know i want them to be flat against the board but which direction... if they are coming straight away from the board then i wont be able to butt it up against the chassis. Im thinking ill solder them going the other direction amd then i can bend them the other way which will just make a little loop but that way ill be able to more easily group them all together to run up the center channel on the chassis i made.

Also im gonna make 2in wires to attach first as run off wires so i wont have to mess with trying to solder direcrly to the board so much amd will come in handy when i got a couple wires that need to go to the same pad.

tumblr image hosting
Last Edit: 1 week 13 hours ago by Danielbs80.

New NBv4 build in the works 1 week 13 hours ago #89153

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Soooo. How about like this.

tumblr image hosting

New NBv4 build in the works 6 days 22 hours ago #89161

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Well if there are no objections, I will solder the other 3 wires like that and the two speaker wires will be going the other direction since they will be going the the speaker below it.

New NBv4 build in the works 6 days 18 hours ago #89186

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So I have all the wires soldered to those top pads and now I just have to solder the power extender wire and the other pad on the other side that goes to the switch LED so it will turn off during sleep mode.

New NBv4 build in the works 6 days 17 hours ago #89189

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 497
Danielbs80 wrote:
So i am wondering how i should attach the wires. I know i want them to be flat against the board but which direction... if they are coming straight away from the board then i wont be able to butt it up against the chassis. Im thinking ill solder them going the other direction amd then i can bend them the other way which will just make a little loop but that way ill be able to more easily group them all together to run up the center channel on the chassis i made.

Also im gonna make 2in wires to attach first as run off wires so i wont have to mess with trying to solder direcrly to the board so much amd will come in handy when i got a couple wires that need to go to the same pad.

tumblr image hosting

Ideally you want the wires to be coming directly off the board in the direction they are going to be running down the hilt or into the chassis. You want to be able to remove the chassis at least partially in order to access the SD card, if you fold the wires like that, you will create a stress point at a perpendicular angle which will likely weaken the wiring over time and strip it loose. I'll dig through some of my pics to see if I have any NB wiring shots that aren't hidden wires so you can see what I mean.
www.etsy.com/shop/thekybershop

www.facebook.com/jasotsabers

New NBv4 build in the works 6 days 17 hours ago #89191

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Jas-Ot wrote:
Danielbs80 wrote:

tumblr image hosting

Ideally you want the wires to be coming directly off the board in the direction they are going to be running down the hilt or into the chassis. You want to be able to remove the chassis at least partially in order to access the SD card, if you fold the wires like that, you will create a stress point at a perpendicular angle which will likely weaken the wiring over time and strip it loose. I'll dig through some of my pics to see if I have any NB wiring shots that aren't hidden wires so you can see what I mean.

Yeah ideally that's what I'd like to do but with the wires coming straight out it's going to get in the way of some chassis that have exact dimensions to fit that card unless the wires are all soldered in at a slight upward angle that may work but then I don't know exactly what good angle unless I have the chassis so I figure I'll just do it this way and looping the wires since they are thin, even thinner than the wires I used on my previous build shouldn't put any stress because it's not like a real bend, just a lil loopy.

New NBv4 build in the works 6 days 17 hours ago #89192

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Heres the part where the nbv4 will go on that new chassis I found that I'm going to print tomorrow and you see that little lips there that will be up right against the edge so the wires in that case would have to be angled down a little but then on the chassis I made myself it doesn't have a wide opening for wires but a center channel instead so especially but that one having wires coming straight off definitely wouldn't work

New NBv4 build in the works 6 days 17 hours ago #89195

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
All wires have been soldered

New NBv4 build in the works 6 days 17 hours ago #89196

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
OHHH should I put some liquid tape over the joints?

New NBv4 build in the works 6 days 17 hours ago #89198

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member

New NBv4 build in the works 3 days 12 hours ago #89411

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Ohhhhh. The switches i ordered from ebay came!!! Random led colors. They are longer than the switches you get from saberforge but they so fit still but nearly touch the bottom with the prong thingies at the end so some bending or trimming might be in order. But for 1 dollar u can't complain as long as ot works.

Last Edit: 3 days 12 hours ago by Danielbs80.

New NBv4 build in the works 3 days 12 hours ago #89413

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Im getting sooooo itchy. I got ants in my pants. I may order just the switch section right now.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ultrasabers Dorinian (21 Posts)
    • Quote: This helps a ton For Tyeth. It also gives backstory to why the Clone Wars Era Sabers are so similar...
    • Saberforge ignoring me (2 Posts)
    • I know the folks in Customer Support. I assure you, they are not ignoring you. They literally...
    • Help! No Power, 6 Month O... (3 Posts)
    • Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately not, the computer doesn't pick up the device when being plugged...
    • Help! No Power, 6 Month O... (3 Posts)
    • Hi Domfletch1986 Sorry to hear of your issues Have you tried connecting to a PC? If you can...
    • Ultrasabers Dorinian (21 Posts)
    • Quote: Hi Raakalaht, You're not crazy, it's a good question. The answer is a Clan sabers are sabers such...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6829
  • Latest Member: Domfletch1986
  • Total Posts: 68.8k
  • Total Topics: 5800
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 32
  • Yesterday Answer: 58