Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #60416

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1873

This is the result of a promising situation that returned favourably. When I set forth with the motions of accelerating my enthusiasm towards Star Wars and LightSabers, the desire to realise eventual Ownership of the most recognised weaponry that existed was overwhelming. It was about November 2015 that my investigative Research began with Vendors that crafted these exquisite creations. One particular Image Search returned this very Hilt, a SaberForge Epoch. Continued research soon returned that this very model that appealed to me so much was no longer in Production and had been discontinued and subsequently replaced with Version3.0, that which has become the recognisable piece now.

About One Month ago I contacted a fellow enthusiast after seeing an advert made with the desire to sell a SaberForge Apprentice. The timing proved opportunistic as he was wanting to have proceeds fund towards another Hilt he had set his eyes upon. Whilst the advertised piece wasn't what I was looking for I did politely ask if he had something else and low and behold he eluded to Epoch. All I can say now, much after the transaction has concluded, is that even though it's a Pre-Owned Hilt, my appreciation and adoration towards it is no different than if it were a brand new One. With the desire to remain anonymous, to you Good Sir I Thank You for on-selling this remarkable Hilt and know that I am one very happy Owner of IMO a remarkably crafted and designed Hilt.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Champion Tier 12Watt Mint Green| Standarad Finish| Sabercore2.0 Viridian| 1" Blade Holder (forfeited Blade Inclusion)| Silver Covertech Wheel| Silver knurled Kill Key/In-Hilt Recharge Port| Silver AV Switch Lit Green| Elite Blade Plug| Blaster Bolt Deflection

Blade Holder Depth (LED Module - Emitter): 4.50"
Blade Holder Depth (LED Module - Emitter Shroud Low Point): 4.75"
Blade Holder Depth (LED Module - Emitter Shroud High Point):6.00"
Hilt Length: 13.00"
Hilt Width: 1.50"

There are many features why this design appeals to me more than the current Version3.0 in Production. There is generous but subtle mix and usage of brushed Silver Aluminium versus the recessed Black anodise. If you recall from my Other Reviews I am a sucker for Shine-Throughs or Emitters that have Windows to enable such. There are 3 generous sized consecutive horizontally placed Windows. The two-sectional angled-cut Shrouds over the Body rear-grip and Emitter give it sufficient influences of intricate detail and rhythm.

Even though this is a Pre-Owned and just a little over One Year Old in possession with its former Owner there are some light blemishes and scratches however not unexpected and still very acceptable. The battery still is able to Charge and hold charge, the Soundboard resonating through the vented Pommel is loud and crisp (I am still debating this but I think it's louder on low setting compared to a newer Custom [one of] that I have) and the illuminated Mint Green in all its brilliance is outstanding and is close to equal of my favoured colours of Amber & Red.

There is so much to love. Very Happy. Very satisfied. :)
**Some more pictures to follow.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #60417

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, =Ottomatix=

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #60446

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 359
Damn OvrcAHst that is a beauty. I've only seen this version of the Epoch a couple of times and I think I like it more. Those contrasting shrouds are just perfect. Congratulations. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. B)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #60448

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 345
Congrats on finally getting a saber you had wanted for so long. I know what you mean as many have wanted this version of the saber to make a come-back. Very nice! I too agree with the windowed emitters. The more light the better!

Sounds like this saber found a good home!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #60450

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 711
Beautiful addition to your collection. Great write up, reference material!

Quite a big difference in design compared to the current Epoch, which is a much simplified.
"I am the Senate"

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #60486

• OvrcAHst
Greysider,
Damn OvrcAHst that is a beauty. I've only seen this version of the Epoch a couple of times and I think I like it more. Those contrasting shrouds are just perfect. Congratulations. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. B)
Agreed and Thank You. I foolishly referenced this as Cyan initially when it's actually Mint Green. :P As the two colours are made up similarly and not having the other for comparison I was nonethewiser. It hasn't lessened my appreciation towards it, just need to reference its colour more accurately and stop with the Cyan. ;)

HotRod
Congrats on finally getting a saber you had wanted for so long. I know what you mean as many have wanted this version of the saber to make a come-back. Very nice! I too agree with the windowed emitters. The more light the better!
Sounds like this saber found a good home!
Thank you. The circumstances surrounding this were surreal. I had actually given up on the possibility of owning this version and with each passing day since making that realisation there was constant debate with version3 and whether or not to just do it. Kind of glad that I didn't. There was concern and apprehension with purchasing from another Owner however eventually had to gamble with faith again (having been scammed twice prior). It is in a good home now and actually fights for attention. :P

Ex66,
Beautiful addition to your collection. Great write up, reference material!
Quite a big difference in design compared to the current Epoch, which is a much simplified.
Thank you. Will have to get around to taking a (so far) Family Portrait. Version1 I didn't think much of, Version2 absolutely loved, Version3 had appeal but only from the vertical Windows. Am glad that it get's to be cuddled now. :P

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #60511

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 345
Looks like it's in great condition! "Surreal" is right!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 4 months 3 weeks ago #81077

• OvrcAHst
An old something discontinued revisit..

Still my favoured version of the Epoch (Gen 2), where things were last left,
some changes have since taken place.

Darksiders Epoch: War & Death

This became the subject hilt for a Custom themed saber that took a while to realise by those that were engaged with in collaboration.
This is the result..

New Specs:
Plecter Labs Prizm v5 | Tri Cree XPE2 Deep Red/Green/Royal Blue
Install by Vanguard Armory
Etch and acid weather by Ronin Custom Armory
Crystal Blade Plug by DC Sabers

The following user(s) said Thank You: KelbornX, Greysider, scifidude79

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 4 months 3 weeks ago #81078

• OvrcAHst
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 4 months 3 weeks ago #81081

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 301
Why did they discontinue this model, I wonder? I like it a lot better than the current model. The Epoch (current model) has never really appealed to me, but I really like this one. Great score, OvrcAHst. (yes, I realize it was over a year ago, but I read the first posts for the first time today) Your Darksiders mods are freaking fantastic, bro. Wow, that's one lovely hilt. I've noticed you have a God of War avatar and signature pic, so no surprise that you'd want a Darksiders themed saber. The etching is truly drool worthy. And who doesn't love a Prizm board? I'm wanting to install one of those in the near future. :)

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 4 months 3 weeks ago #81082

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 281
That blade plug...

And the etching! Holy moley! I need a vinyl cutter.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 4 months 3 weeks ago #81084

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
There are those who collect sabers, and those who make their collections truly collectible. Unique, beautiful, and drool-worthy all at the same time. You sir, are one such collector! Bravo! B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 4 months 3 weeks ago #81094

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 167
So jelly :woohoo:
Not as big of a fan of the game (I like it very well, just not as much love as you give it :P ), but darn if that etching just doesn't make me drool and want something along those lines as well.
Just absolutely beautiful and I couldn't agree more with what Brax said; there are those who collect and there are those like you who are in an entire league of their own.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

SF Legends | Discontinued Epoch 4 months 3 weeks ago #81116

• OvrcAHst
scifidude79 wrote:
Why did they discontinue this model, I wonder? I like it a lot better than the current model.
idk.. Design evolution maybe or even an unpopular model..
The Epoch (current model) has never really appealed to me, but I really like this one.
I'm much the same, the vertical emitter windows was all that made me look and it stayed there for me, much like with the introduction of Aeon..
Great score, OvrcAHst. (yes, I realize it was over a year ago, but I read the first posts for the first time today)
:lol: All good and thank you.
Your Darksiders mods are freaking fantastic, bro. Wow, that's one lovely hilt. I've noticed you have a God of War avatar and signature pic, so no surprise that you'd want a Darksiders themed saber. The etching is truly drool worthy. And who doesn't love a Prizm board? I'm wanting to install one of those in the near future. :)
Thanks :) Credit to Vanguard/Ronin though as they did the execution.
Me, I just had the idea :P All current versions of Prizm are full of features (4/5/5.1). Brings and adds nice life to any subject saber and not just limited to that specific board.

Darth Squidious wrote:
That blade plug...
And the etching! Holy moley! I need a vinyl cutter.
B) Thanks Squid.

Brax wrote:
There are those who collect sabers, and those who make their collections truly collectible. Unique, beautiful, and drool-worthy all at the same time. You sir, are one such collector! Bravo! B)
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
So jelly :woohoo:
Not as big of a fan of the game (I like it very well, just not as much love as you give it :P ), but darn if that etching just doesn't make me drool and want something along those lines as well.
Just absolutely beautiful and I couldn't agree more with what Brax said; there are those who collect and there are those like you who are in an entire league of their own.

Thanks Guys :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Thomas Snyder Quote of th... (4 Posts)
    • SF always have something up their sleeve! Will be waiting for their take on these hilts.
    • Changing soundfonts on th... (16 Posts)
    • Try updating the firmware....save your fonts first the do the update the firmware file is in your...
    • Pro's and Con's of this h... (21 Posts)
    • I am fortunate that had my wife lived (lost her to mental illness some years back) she would have...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6731
  • Latest Member: JamesAmeft
  • Total Posts: 67.1k
  • Total Topics: 5680
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 33