Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56248

• IINerfII
  • Thank you received: 22
Hello everyone! My Sentinel arrived yesterday, and I installed it immediately.

It's running a NBv3 soundboard, Tri-Cree Red Orange/Red Orange/White, and a 2W Bass Speaker

Swapped out the blade retention screw for a thumb screw, and swapped the silver covertec to a black one.

Here it is:

Ignited:

Overall, I love this hilt! This is my second SF hilt I've installed and I love them both (the other is an Epoch, which I may review also).

I only have one gripe with the hilt, and that was the covertec screw hole is slightly in the threads for the pommel, but it isn't an issue. And there was no C-ring holding the insert in place, but I had an extra.

Now I guess I gotta decide which hilt to get next, or to just wait for ASP to go live ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Borommakot, OvrcAHst

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56383

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1455
Very nice saber!

I don't envy you your decision on what to get next. Too many good choices can be worse than not enough! :P
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56386

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Looks great! Thanks for sharing it with us! I've got all my eggs in the ASP basket, for now, but with new designs popping up all the time, who knows.

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56592

• Darth_Apprentice9
  • I love star wars and The legend of Zelda
I love the sentinel its in my top 3 Apprentice sabers, but I think they are a little two small for my hands. I am 14 and think they would fit my hands, but i feel like it wouldn't. Does the saber fit your hands? :unsure:
"You under estimate my power!"
Anakin Skywalker Episode III

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56801

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
You must have earned your black belt in Cram-Fu with this install! That red-orange LED color is really nice. It's what I would consider to be closest to the orange sabers that have appeared in some of the Star Wars video games.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56818

• IINerfII
Thanks everyone! And Jaden Korr, there is literally the exact amount of space to fit an 18650 cell and a bass speaker at the end! Much less space than I anticipated, but oh well! It worked out in the end ;)

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56829

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
love the sentinel its in my top 3 Apprentice sabers, but I think they are a little two small for my hands. I am 14 and think they would fit my hands, but i feel like it wouldn't. Does the saber fit your hands?
The only apprentice that, IMO, is scant on the hand space is the Oracle w/about 5 inches. The top half of the Sentinel is graspable; your hands rest on the wrap and just under the lip of the emitter.

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56878

• IINerfII
Darth_Apprentice9 wrote:
Does the saber fit your hands? :unsure:

Being 6'4", I have rather large hands. It fits my one hand rather well, surprisingly enough. It's basically impossible to use a two-handed grip on it. I was originally disappointed because my hand doesn't really grip where the comfy leather grip actually is, instead opting for the super nice choke section above the switch section. I'm sure there's people who can attest to that in the Arbiter forums, since that saber has been around much longer. Hope that helps!

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56930

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
IINerfII wrote:
there is literally the exact amount of space to fit an 18650 cell and a bass speaker at the end!

Good to know. I'll have to take some measurements of my ASP electronics when it arrives, because I had planned to put a spark 2 in the ASP hilt, and down line then put the electronics kit in a Sentinel for a younger sibling.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 7 months ago #56959

• IINerfII
Jaden Korr wrote:
Good to know. I'll have to take some measurements of my ASP electronics when it arrives, because I had planned to put a spark 2 in the ASP hilt, and down line then put the electronics kit in a Sentinel for a younger sibling.
Well hey I might actually be able to help you there! My original plan was to use the deep sleep function on the NBv3 with a removable battery, like the ASP kit comes with and then not use a recharge port. But with the bass speaker, there is not actually enough room in the sentinel for the holder AND a bass speaker, at least not in mine. I have a Spark 2 in my Epoch, and that fit just fine with a non-removable 18650 cell and bass speaker, so that should work for your ASP stuff. Good luck :P

-edit-
I forgot that the ASP electronics can be installed starting at the base and then cramming wires into the switch section and all that, so it could very well fit since there won't be as many wires taking up precious space! I'll take a leap and say it should fit. Again, good luck!
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by IINerfII.

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #57330

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for the info. I may end up keeping the champion ASP electronics for another hilt and do a battery pack/recharge port for the sibling so it doesn't need to be opened up, and then either a NBv3 or a Pico Crumble.

What brand battery holder where you using? Another forum member and myself had been looking for the kind SF uses in their warrior hilts, since the kind TCSS sells says they won't work withthe Panasonic button top 18650's SF uses, and a lot of the ones I was finding online were for multiple cells.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #57335

• IINerfII
Sure thing! I used the TCSS holder, which probably wouldn't fit the SF battery. I have a different 18650 I was using that sorta fit haha. If the SF holder is smaller, then it could very well fit. I hope it works out for you!

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #58520

• Kareco
Got my first saber today (Sentinel Initiate) i want to put a LED in it but the switch doesn't have removable features. how did you do it?

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #58527

• IINerfII
Kareco wrote:
how did you do it?
I'm going to assume you mean the fake switches they put in there for display. Those are glued in and can be popped out from the inside if you have a tool that can reach in there easily. I didn't have any such tool, so I just drilled a hole in the center of the switches and inserted a screwdriver into said hole and used some leverage to pop them out. Hope that helps.

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #58528

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
I'm going to assume you mean the fake switches they put in there for display. Those are glued in and can be popped out from the inside if you have a tool that can reach in there easily. I didn't have any such tool, so I just drilled a hole in the center of the switches and inserted a screwdriver into said hole and used some leverage to pop them out. Hope that helps.
^ Yup. Another option is to get a heat gun and repeatedly heat/cool the dummy switch until it pops off but that takes A VERY long time to do.

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #58530

• Falnore
  • Thank you received: 23
I've never attempted something like this, but I figure it would also be feasible to use a long shank allen key (NOT the one used for your retention screws, but something larger and sturdier), to pop out the fake switches. If you need more leverage, maybe use it in tandem with a flat head screwdriver.

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #58533

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
I've never attempted something like this, but I figure it would also be feasible to use a long shank allen key (NOT the one used for your retention screws, but something larger and sturdier), to pop out the fake switches. If you need more leverage, maybe use it in tandem with a flat head screwdriver.
The lip around the hole is fairly shallow so using the rim of the hole to leverage out the dummy switch will gouge it and cause scratches to the paint or finish. Drilling a hole in the center of the dummy switch and then inserting a nail/screwdriver to pop it out causes the least amount of stress to the area around the hole. Often times simply drilling the hole causes enough stress to the glue that the switch pops off during drilling.

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #59807

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 35
I just ordered my son a Hero tier standard finish with blood orange blade. i assume it will look much like yours. very nice!
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #60191

• FoxAudio
  • There is no passion, there is serenity.
  • Thank you received: 1
I just ordered my first saber! A Sentinel, with weathered finish and an arctic blue blade. Looking forward to receiving!
_______
FoxAudio

Initiate Sentinel Build - Standard Finish 1 year 6 months ago #60437

• fuzzjunk
  • Thank you received: 12
IINerfII wrote:
Thanks everyone! And Jaden Korr, there is literally the exact amount of space to fit an 18650 cell and a bass speaker at the end! Much less space than I anticipated, but oh well! It worked out in the end ;)

Were you able to fit a 28mm bass speaker? or did you use a 20mm speaker?

I just received my chosen and the ID measured exactly 28mm, so I'm not sure if there will be any wiggle room to fit a 28mm bass speaker. My other option was to put a 20mm speaker right in the pommel.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (10 Posts)
    • OK, so the charge is good. According to my source, if you reduce the motion, and spin to zero,...
    • Yep! Full charge! Yeah I can do an outside video for you guys. Want me to lower the motion...
    • Couple of things. 1. Battery has a good charge on it, yes? 2. I know you were working indoors...
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (112 Posts)
    • Is it still possible to buy one afterwards? Right now funds are low because of Christmas, but a the...
    • Yep! Put them both on 0 and the problem still persists. Edit: I even tried deleting all the spin...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6245
  • Latest Member: ieushelly302826
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5270
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 38
  • Yesterday Answer: 27