Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Sinister Prophecy.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 4 weeks ago #67814

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Warning. Heavy Spam approaching.

Weathered Sinister Prophecy 12Watt+ QC Green
Colours displayed in images in this share include: factory Green, Red, Yellow, Arctic Blue & Frost White

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Green| Quick Connect LED Module| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Crimson Font| Black AV, White-lit| Weathered Accessories (Blade Plug & Covertech)| lazerforge kill key| Weathered Finish.

Hilt Length: 328mm
Blade Socket Depth: 98mm
Emitter Diameter: 38.14mm
Emitter Guard Diameter: 50.81mm
Foregrip Diameter (with shine-through): 38.30mm
Switch Part Diameter: 37.84mm
Pommel Diameter (with Shroud): 38.10mm

Weight: 496 grams

Balance (from Pommel to POI): 168mm
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 26”: 282mm
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 32”: 315mm
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 37”: 361mm

Sharp fork prongs. To be expected, no biggie, an appointment with a Sander is pending and there’s this strange squiggle centred to the fork 2nd image above?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 4 weeks ago #67815

• OvrcAHst

Single Blade retention screw. Single LED Module retention screw. 2 horizontally placed setscrews secure the Emitter (with smaller ID flute) to Body. Loosening achieves removal of Emitter for enabling change of QCs and also allowing 180 degree changeover of the Pork Trotter of an Emitter’s orientation, so Emitter/Pommel angle-cuts go inwards instead of factory opposing. i.e. \=====/ versus 0/=====/

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 4 weeks ago #67816

• OvrcAHst

AV Switch positioned on (underside, factory) Covertech side, 180 degrees from kill key/charge Port.

Pommel independent to Shroud (which is an extension from the lower Body). Ding on the lip (Sander’s To-Do List). Speaker’s got the rattles.

A surprisingly larger Hilt to what was perceived and expected. Was anticipating proportions consistent to an Apprentice Hilt. Looks a little inflated in its current offered size but with the Emitter-guard, serves well as a dual-handed Hilt amongst Katana, Ares, Shadow Hunter and (the other variations that utilise the Gladius Emitter i.e. Xiphos, Gladiator). Something that can easily gotten used to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 4 weeks ago #67817

• OvrcAHst

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 4 weeks ago #67818

• OvrcAHst
While the V2 finish is the typically preferred finish and the goto when selecting Hilts, this (consistent to Exile & Emerald Knight) appeared too one dimensional (in its delivered form) and lacks any great contrast. I don’t mind the DT Standard Finishes where it’s brushed Silver against Black anodise, but definitely prefer the appearance of DT V2 or DT Black i.e. polished Silver against either weathered or Black as the accenting colour. With the ding on the Pommel shroud and the sharp edges around the shine-through windows and Emitter fork, I took to them with some sanding and continued the efforts with stripping the weathering on the Emitter, recessed inner flute of the shine-through, Pommel shroud and the multiple black anodised accents rings along the body.

I might be as bold to say that this Hilt sits pretty high as a favourite, close to Custom GrandMaster Single. The QCs on this are the easiest to perform, enabling you to get right in there (much like the hands-on experience to electronic internals with the aluminium ASP Parts. Granted the steps required are a few more than simply loosening one LED retention screw (3 in total) and shaking until the dislodge happens, with complete removal of the Emitter (with internal sub-flute) you’re left with large access windows to confidently guide the wires and module in and out of the Emitter and no longer rely on the shake & hope method. Frickin marvellous.

With flexibility to swap the LED out again in future if I chose, have decided to partner this revised finish with Frost White. The following is demonstration of its new identity.

Lovin’ Sinister Prophecy. A whole lotta fun being had with this!

Thank you for your audience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, SuUpberSith

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 4 weeks ago #67831

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Beautiful SP OvrcAHst. The polishing job you put on it really makes it stand out amongst other SPs out there. Very nice. Congrats on another wonderful saber!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67875

• OvrcAHst
Greysider wrote:
Beautiful SP OvrcAHst. The polishing job you put on it really makes it stand out amongst other SPs out there. Very nice. Congrats on another wonderful saber!
Thanks Greysider. Quite happy with the results of it right now. Who knows how immersed in the customisingsy pool I'll be and whether or not to polish up the rest of it then just to weather it again differently. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67897

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I like what you've done here with the Pommel and Emitter by reversing their normal orientation This seems to be a fan-favorite here as it always gets high praise. Does the Pommel Shroud cut into you when gripping? That was the only thing that made me thing twice on its design. Plus, it seems like it would be hard to unscrew the pommel if one were to build a Hero tier saber and need access. Although this might not be the case in hand.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67899

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Interesting before and after photos of the DIY un-weathering of the emitter. I think you may have began a task that needs continuation to the rest of the hilt. The un-weathering looks nicer to my eyes.
"I am the Senate"

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67911

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
Does the Pommel Shroud cut into you when gripping? That was the only thing that made me thing twice on its design. Plus, it seems like it would be hard to unscrew the pommel if one were to build a Hero tier saber and need access. Although this might not be the case in hand.
Not any more than other angle-cut designs. The cogged & tapered Pommels (even though rounded at base) actually cut into more. During a two handed (tight) grip, I could imagine where your concerns may stem but with this in a two handed grip, I favour a loose (i.e. hands spaced with some distance where the secondary hand caresses the base over the covertech) so it's effectively eliminated.

The Pommel doesn't have any difficulty with removal. Using a pinching action between finger and thumb sees it unscrew without much effort. I actually find the flatter discs i.e. Reborn, Monarch, PS etc. return more difficulty as they sometimes seize-up and there's less available surface area to grab at. :)

Execute66 wrote:
Interesting before and after photos of the DIY un-weathering of the emitter. I think you may have began a task that needs continuation to the rest of the hilt. The un-weathering looks nicer to my eyes.
:huh: But completely un-weathered would effectively make it a V1? and known is your preference towards unweathered hilts but with a polish without any obvious surface texture, will just resemble a royal sceptre. ;) :lol: But yeah, will likely end up stripping the rest of the stock weathering in attempts of bettering the distressing before polish. :blush:
Some hilts in high mirror polish are great. Experimenting with some different techniques at the moment to achieve something inbetween. Surface stressing and marking to look old, aged-new rather than new, sparkling-new.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67913

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 268
Tend to see most of these "darkside" hilts in some flavor of red, but green on this hilt just looks right. Love it, keep it green, it seems more sinister.

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67934

• OvrcAHst
Jas-Ot wrote:
Tend to see most of these "darkside" hilts in some flavor of red, but green on this hilt just looks right. Love it, keep it green, it seems more sinister.
:lol: The later plan is to revert back to the default green LED through a Green or Purple Day for a darker appearance when I reverse the un-weathering or apply the DIY aging (depending on perspective). ;)

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 4 months 1 week ago #72905

• Darth Zerus
  • Thank you received: 2
this beast is mine now! thanks OvrcAHst!

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V2 Sinister Prophecy SF|Story so far. Pt III 4 months 1 week ago #72909

• OvrcAHst
Khariot wrote:
this beast is mine now! thanks OvrcAHst!
Awesome, Thanking you. ;)
Glad to see that sabering continues as Guardian's change and enjoyment is met onwards to its New Owner. Whilst I was the first owner of this in Australia..

... great to read and know that it still calls Australia Home. May it continue to serve you well. :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• First saber and electroni... (3 Posts)
    • If you're looking at a stunt kit, you could go Plug and Play if you don't feel like soldering. You'd...
    • Chassis Help (3 Posts)
    • Like Brax said, 3D printing. Go to Shapeways (web search for it.) Search on there for "SaberForge"...
    • Prodigal Son Battery Help... (2 Posts)
    • I am guessing that the answer to this might be answered by your previous question about a chassis....
    • Chassis Help (3 Posts)
    • I am no expert, but I believe anyone who is would recommend a chassis if possible. Better for wire...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5291
  • Latest Member: DonaldTal
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4705
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 6