Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Venomous Fury.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saberforge Review - Venomous Fury

Saberforge Review - Venomous Fury 1 year 9 months ago #18914

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Brax wrote:
However, there exist those Star Wars fans that are embarrassed/ashamed of their love of all things Star Wars. The closet geeks who wish to keep their fandom close to the chest, and refuse to be seen publicly enjoying something like a light saber. They even go so far as to downplay the whole thing. I know...it is hard to envision this, especially here in this forum, but it is true in some cases, none the less. I happen to know a couple of them personally.

I actually kind of feel for folks like that, who refuse to let themselves enjoy the cool geekiness that is owning a saber, learning how to use it (to whatever extent makes you happy), and perhaps even building a cosplay costume around it. Someone like that would see it as being an adult, and not being silly. I prefer to think of myself, and likely most of the folks here as fans who allow themselves to unabashedly enjoy something they love, and opinions be damned!

I'm not sure Simon Pegg actually said that, but here goes:
“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating.”
Simon Pegg

I used to be a closet geek as well, and after a couple years hiding in, somehow, shame my intense love for Star Wars, Lord of The Rings, Fantasy and Sci-Fi in general, I thought: "You know what? F*** it! I'm gonna enjoy this stuff and mock me all you want! At the end of the day, I'm feeling good about myself because I can be myself."
No mask to put on and put off, no effort to go through listening to people blab and say stupid stuff about a universe you know and love and having to refrain yourself from correcting them. Because by the Force, you don't want to be labeled as "NERD". It is extremely liberating indeed :woohoo:

After about 3 years of not hiding any of that, I feel a lot better. My family has come to terms with the fact that I am and will most likely stay a geek my entire life, friends actually turn to me now whenever they want to know something, and colleagues at my workplace are pretty cool with it :)

Also, very nice review. Almost made me want to buy one.
The Venomous Fury has always seemed quite dull and plain to me. Nothing very noticeable about it. Granted, it looks neat, but other than that, not much for attention.
But now, well well well ... The balance is very important when choosing a saber, and if the Venomous Fury is such well balanced as you say, I guess it's a very cool saber to duel with then. I'll have to try it out someday!
Cheers for a nice review :)
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Faethien.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saberforge Review - Venomous Fury 1 year 9 months ago #18937

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
I tend to be more of a utilitarian when it comes to a variety of things. I look at functionality and performance over aesthetics. I love the look of the archon and Jadefire, but they're too elaborate and fancy looking for my tastes.

I'd sooner go with a 'granny mobile' type car with awesome mileage and comfort than a convertible or hotrod. I'd sooner own a plain broadsword than an intricately designed ceremonial blade.

And with my lightsabers, I prefer that look of utility, something designed for sheer functionality and performance. Stuff like Gladius, Venomous Fury, and Reliant. There's no extra greeblies around, and with the exception of the Reliant, no control boxes or other protrusions to get in the way of using the device. These sabers seem like something a more grounded, veteran jedi would use. There's nothing fancy about them, nothing to garner attention. Just sheer efficiency in design and simplicity in its use.

That's what drew me to the Venomous Fury. It wasn't screaming to look at it. It wasn't shouting it is the prettiest. What drew me was the how easy it looked to grip, the location of the grip for both one handed and two handed use, the lack of protrusions to get in the way of a solid grip. It looked like a hilt that would have great balance with its design. Even the shroud could be used as a weapon in and of itself without getting in the way.

Maybe I just think too much into these things, haha. But if I was going to personally design one, it would most likely end up looking similar to the three I listed above.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Zeddicuus. Reason: mild edit of rant to try to make it more coherent haha.

Saberforge Review - Venomous Fury 1 year 9 months ago #18943

• ThylacineWings
  • Thank you received: 3
I've been eyeballing this particular saber almost from the start. Glad to see the nice reviews it's gotten.
Flammability warnings are a challenge rather than a deterrent.

Saberforge Review - Venomous Fury 1 year 9 months ago #18946

• ThylacineWings
Also, this forum has taught me the meaning of 'greeblies'. :lol:

Saberforge Review - Venomous Fury 1 year 9 months ago #18948

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Zeddicuus wrote:

One of my Apprentices removing the other!

I somehow just now caught sight of this picture, and now I can't stop laughing.

I'm probably a horrible person...
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Saberforge Review - Venomous Fury 1 year 9 months ago #18955

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
hahaha if it helps you feel less horrible, no apprentices were actually injured in the taking of that photo!

I get a kick out of it myself as it turned out real good!

Saberforge Review - Venomous Fury 1 year 9 months ago #18973

• ThylacineWings
You know, we DO have an available kid for use in a similar picture once we get our sabers.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Saberforge Review - Venomous Fury 1 year 9 months ago #18978

• Cghinds
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a Venomous Fury and love it. Very comfy to duel with and feels very balanced with a long blade.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• PS-Luke V2 WIP (17 Posts)
    • Quick question - what location did you end up on for the RCP?
    • Spark Color 2 LED Help (2 Posts)
    • If I'm not mistaken and it's similar to the config editor for the Spark 2, those color labels are...
    • Spark Color 2 "Saber... (5 Posts)
    • Had almost the exact same thing happen to me recently. Spent a good hour going over everything with...
    • Champion Assembly Package... (7 Posts)
    • You dont need to keep the switch pressed. The momentary switch hooks up to the sound board and the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5228
  • Latest Member: venomevil
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4662
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 5