Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Viper.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not just any Viper

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7232

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
My new baby came today! I've been planning to order this nagamaki style saber ever since I found out SF was going to release hilt extensions.
For those that are wondering about wait time, it took 10 weeks and 5 days from placing order to receiving order. This one was bought during the Christmas sale.
I was so excited, though. I've losing my mind cause I wanted this thing so bad. I named her before I even ordered her... like half a year ago :cheer:

Unfortunately, she arrived broken, so I have no illuminated photos. I haven't gotten to see the amber LED yet, but it still looks awesome, even without the blade lit up. (Still want her fixed though!) Just waiting for a reply from SF about it.

On another note, I am very happy to see my new blade. My other Infinity Blade was kinda defected. Looks like the tip wasn't completed screwed into the blade when the glue set so there is a very noticeable gap between the blade and the tip. The new one is perfectly flush, so that's awesome.

I hope y'all like her as much as I do. I'll post illuminated photos once she's working properly.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Revan, ZWeaver, MDTaylor, Jaden Korr

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7233

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Oh my god, what a saber you got there Miraluka! I think this is the most badass saber I've seen so far (and I've seen a lot of them)! That thing most be incredible to wield! I love how the end of the "spear" is the saber's pommel! Purely amazing!

Congratulations on your saber! You have a masterpiece, something to be proud of! We should create a "staff/spear" section in the review section! That "thing" deserves an awesome and complete review of its master haha!

I don't know if spear extensions are "available" for apprentice sabers! I will give it a look, since I always wanted to extend my staff to create what they call a "killer staff"! Hope you'll do a video of this beauty! I'm dying to see it in action!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miraluka

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7242

• janus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
What a cool masterpiece !
This Nagamaki(as you know it means Ancient long grip greater Katana) style Viper provide you not only stunning look but also comfortable handling.
Thanks for good pics !

I also thought to attach extension for my first Venom, because its good looking claw may disturb handling.
But on the Etsy store, they don't have extension selling.

Please review again when you get "complete" her !
I wonder how her sound changes with extensions.
Own: Descent Hero RGBA
Luxeon converted Hasbro Darth Maul FX
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7243

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
That leather wrap looks great! Did they wrap it around a regular grenade grip, or is that a special hilt section to accommodate it?
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7244

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1059
Very nice!

Is that a 37" blade, or the 32"? Just curious how long it is in total with the blade in.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7247

• Eryan
  • Thank you received: 1
Oh goodness that is beautiful. I haven't receive my first saber and yet now I feel like ordering another one. :D

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7249

• Master Karjo Caalb
  • In love with lightsabers since 1995
  • Thank you received: 5
After seeing several recent deliveries arriving either not as ordered or unworking, I must admit it makes me worry about my saber that should be arriving this coming up week....

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7250

• JShelar
  • Thank you received: 9
Awesome! Hope you get it fixed soon. I have noticed that as well, Caalb, but I've also noticed SF is very quick to fix things. Hell, I've even seen a few that were happier with not getting exactly what they ordered. Lol.

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7257

• Master Karjo Caalb
  • In love with lightsabers since 1995
  • Thank you received: 5
JShelar wrote:
Awesome! Hope you get it fixed soon. I have noticed that as well, Caalb, but I've also noticed SF is very quick to fix things. Hell, I've even seen a few that were happier with not getting exactly what they ordered. Lol.

I've read that they are almost always great about making it right, and that is awesome, but the goal should be to deliver the right experience the first time. It saves everyone time, money and headaches.

That and their customer service seems sporadic at best...one day you can have a conversation with them, then you may not hear back from them for a week.

Don't mistake me, it seems like overall Saberforge is doing awesome work and has a client base that is overall extremely satisfied. Having attended university to study marketing and coming near the end of the completion of my degree program, I understand that the world of online reviews tends to contain only negative reviews, as often times customers that are satisfied with their service don't always feel motivated to go online and rant and rave about the product.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Master Karjo Caalb. Reason: spelling error

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7261

• JShelar
  • Thank you received: 9
Sadly, that is very true about the negative people. In pretty much all aspects of life, the negative ones are the more outspoken people, regardless of the often times larger satisfied group.

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7276

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
MDTaylor wrote:
Far out, dude. That thing's hefty as. Very Unique.
What'd you name her btw? I'm planning on naming my upcoming set of Sinister Prophecy's "Patience & Prudence".

Peace Bringer =]

Gyarados66 wrote:
That leather wrap looks great! Did they wrap it around a regular grenade grip, or is that a special hilt section to accommodate it?

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. It doesn't look like it's wrapped around the v grooves because the grip is flush with the rest of the hilt. Phil originally said they could machine the viper body down and put a wrap on it but they would charge extra for the manual labor, or they could switch out the grip for a different hilt's wrap section. I wasn't too specific when I made the order, just told them I wanted a wrapped grip.
Brax wrote:
Very nice!

Is that a 37" blade, or the 32"? Just curious how long it is in total with the blade in.

It's a 32" blade. From tip of blade to pommel she's a little over 61"
Master Karjo Caalb wrote:
After seeing several recent deliveries arriving either not as ordered or unworking, I must admit it makes me worry about my saber that should be arriving this coming up week....

This was my third SF order and it's the first one that was erroneous. I felt just like you, though. I was nervous that something would be wrong or not working. In this instance, it was both.
They got my note about the grip which is great, but I asked that my threads not get glued because I'm planning on a custom install in this hilt. Now the positive wire from the battery is disconnected and I could fix it in about 0.5 seconds but the threads are glued so I can't take it apart to reach the wire.

But I'm sure they get more orders right than wrong so try not to worry about it :cheer:
Master Karjo Caalb wrote:
JShelar wrote:

I've read that they are almost always great about making it right, and that is awesome, but the goal should be to deliver the right experience the first time. It saves everyone time, money and headaches.

That and their customer service seems sporadic at best...one day you can have a conversation with them, then you may not hear back from them for a week.

Don't mistake me, it seems like overall Saberforge is doing awesome work and has a client base that is overall extremely satisfied. Having attended university to study marketing and coming near the end of the completion of my degree program, I understand that the world of online reviews tends to contain only negative reviews, as often times customers that are satisfied with their service don't always feel motivated to go online and rant and rave about the product.

I think the reason their customer service is sporadic is that Phil has certain days that he devotes to responding to customers on email and facebook. So if you contact them on that day when he's already answering people, you get a quick response, but you may have to wait a few days until he sits down to answer people, usually.

As far as messing up peoples orders go... well, yeah it would be nice if people always got their orders the right way. Maybe it's cause they're supposedly training new smiths? I dunno. All I can say is that normally I would probably be ticked about my order being messed up but I just love this damn thing too much to be mad. I want to get it fixed but even without the LED working, I've barely let this thing out of my hands since I got it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7355

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Miraluka wrote:
Gyarados66 wrote:

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. It doesn't look like it's wrapped around the v grooves because the grip is flush with the rest of the hilt. Phil originally said they could machine the viper body down and put a wrap on it but they would charge extra for the manual labor, or they could switch out the grip for a different hilt's wrap section. I wasn't too specific when I made the order, just told them I wanted a wrapped grip.

Just watched David's leather wrapped Venom review, and it appears they use the lower half of a Reliant.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7357

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Gyarados66 wrote:
Miraluka wrote:
Gyarados66 wrote:

Just watched David's leather wrapped Venom review, and it appears they use the lower half of a Reliant.

That makes sense! Otherwise the handle would get just too large if you consider adding a leather grip over the grenade style grip!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7365

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 90
That is seriously beautiful. I can't wait to see what it looks like once everything's been fixed!

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7367

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Since I know you're good with electronics Miraluka I bet you're gonna fix everything yourself? Or do you need to send it back to SF?

I've been hesitating for a long time about buying spear extensions or not! Your saber helped me make up my mind!

I'm gonna turn my Saberstaff into a Killer staff (Saber-Extension-Coupler (long)- Extension-Saber)! Mario told me that they're out of spear extensions for now though!They're supposed to receive more parts later this month! Looking forward to receiving them! An awesome review will follow!

Be sure to review your ''monster'' once it is working properly my friend!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Not just any Viper 2 years 3 months ago #7379

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, I would repair it in a second if I could. The problem is that the threads are glued together so I can't unscrew the hilt in order to reach the broken joint.
The wire isn't long enough for me to pull it out of the pommel and that's the only part that unscrews.

I emailed saberforge asking them if I need to send it back or if they can give me advice on separating the threads. I'm guessing I'm probably going to have to send it back.

But yeah, I'm planning to install a new switch, recharge port and soundboard in this hilt once I'm able to open it up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neckchop

Not just any Viper 2 years 2 months ago #7415

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Well, ladies & gentlemen... I'm sending my baby back to SaberForge tomorrow. I'll post photos when I get the new one.

Not just any Viper 2 years 2 months ago #7448

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Well that's sad! At least they're fast on fixing problems so it shouldn't be too long before it comes back!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Not just any Viper 2 years 2 months ago #7477

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1059
I look forward to seeing it in working order when it comes back.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Not just any Viper 2 years 2 months ago #7498

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • Premium Member
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
  • Thank you received: 1
Yup, post that up when you get it back. I want to c what that looks like with the saber on :woohoo:
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• PS-Luke V2 WIP (17 Posts)
    • Quick question - what location did you end up on for the RCP?
    • Spark Color 2 LED Help (2 Posts)
    • If I'm not mistaken and it's similar to the config editor for the Spark 2, those color labels are...
    • Spark Color 2 "Saber... (5 Posts)
    • Had almost the exact same thing happen to me recently. Spent a good hour going over everything with...
    • Champion Assembly Package... (6 Posts)
    • You dont need to keep the switch pressed. The momentary switch hooks up to the sound board and the...
    • Spark Color 2 LED Help (2 Posts)
    • Hello, I've just bought a plug-and-play hero sound kit for my ASP saber. While setting up the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5227
  • Latest Member: venomevil
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4662
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 5