Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Saber Forge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Member Introduction Thread

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 3 weeks ago #75022

• ss4541
Hi There, I'm John from Arizona.
Got my saber Recently, really excited, so i just wanted to get on to see what other star wars fans were up to
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #75223

• Exuberon
  • Grey Jedi
Hello everyone. Newbie here but FAR from being new to the 'verse. Living in Maryland very close to D.C.

I was 7 y/o when episode 4 came out and Star Wars has been a part of my life ever since. I have a good set of Jedi robes for cons and Halloween.

I have a 2005 Vader Master Replica (fixed blade) so my "classic" lightsaber itch has been scratched. Looking now for something more modern and may take advantage of this years "May the 4th be with you" sales.

I'm big into LEGO building and PC gaming (dying for a new GOOD Star Wars strategy game).

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #75265

Hi, everyone!

On May 4th, 2017, I purchased my first Saberforge lightsabe - The Gladius (shattered, weathered, amber, champion). I'm super thrilled to receive it, even though I know it will be a few months. Owning a high quality lightsaber is something I have dreamed about. Although I'm in Canada, so my purchase is a small fortune (price, taxes, shipping, customs), I felt this is something that a life long Star Wars fan has to do. There will be no regrets here.

I have a couple of questions. Hopefully someone can answer them: #1. Does the saber come 12W, or is that an extra I have to purchase? #2. Is the light switch and the blade light the same illuminated colour by default?

Well, I look forward to getting to know you all. May the Force Be With You. Always.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by 1001110.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #75435

• Padawan
Hi guys! I'm padawan. (It's not my real name and this is the internet. Hope I don't hurt any feelings.). I am from Nebraska all mixed in with the corn and stuff. I like gaming, and sword fighting. I don't have any formal training. I'm just taught by the hard master named experience. I didn't know sabers went past toys until I saw a Force fx lightsaber in a store and decided to dive down the rabbit hole. I found a bunch of websites and saberforge seemed the best to me. I am currently saving up for an apprentice saber.

Part of the light side of the force but not very good at the whole material detatchment deal.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #75436

• Padawan
From the little I know, if you bought a champion tier saber, it comes with the 12w+ LED and the button should light up the same color. If you want a different color you can just buy a new light up button, they aren't that expensive. May the force be with you.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #75440

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
Welcome to all of our recent members! Great to have you here!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #75457

• BlackGold Jedi
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone, my name's Ryan. If you cant tell from the username I live in pittsburgh and I am 21. I grew up worshiping the prequels, like many my age, and my earliest star wars memories are reenacting the Battle of Heroes and playing lego star wars with some of my best friends.

Since then I hadn't thought as much of SW until the Disney acquisition and I follow Collider Jedi Council religiously. I love those guys. Anyone else watch their show? Thanks to them I have become a big canon nut, reading many books, some comics and watching the movies and cartoons countless times.

Anyway, I came to SF knowing their great reputation. I am currently doing research on ordering my first saber. Any advice would be awesome for this rookie!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #75478

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 819
Hi there Ryan,

Welcome to the forum! By the sound of it you are already doing the right thing and doing your research, and this site is full of useful information. And if any of the details doesn't make sense the members here will do their best to explain and help you out.

I would suggest you check out all the sabers SF offer then, when one "Calls to you" look at some of the reviews and videos in the forum's Reviews Section of that saber to see how it measures up (members Execute66 and The Grand Admiral have some good ones) . You then need to assess what it is you really want the saber to do and balance that with how much you can afford etc. Try to get the best spec you can safely afford, there have been many folk who have bought for example, a saber without sound then later wished they had saved up a bit more money to enable them to get sound.

Hope this helps and enjoy the forum,

For Tyeth

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 1 week ago #75594

• iMoose
New to the SabreForge forums!
Hi, I'm Brian in Vancouver. My fiancé and I are building our Lightsabers for our wedding next year.
Nice to meet ya all!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 6 days ago #75613

• SuperBenSL8
Hey Everyone!

My name is Ben from Rochester NY and I am excited to say I just ordered aChampion Dissident (mint green) and a Champion Prodigy(arctic blue) for my son and I. He's turning sox this summer and I couldn't think of a better gift for him....and of course I needed to get myself one so he had someone to duel with. ;)

I'm looking forward to learning everything I can about the sabers from Saberforge, as I have read on more than one occasion that it's hard to stop purchasing new ones!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 6 days ago #75624

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome iMoose, and SuperBenSL8!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperBenSL8

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 6 days ago #75627

• Blade
  • Thank you received: 25
Hello SuperBen SL8, nice to see a fellow WNYer. Buffalo here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperBenSL8

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 5 days ago #75648

• Darth Squidious
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Been off the forums for awhile, so hello and welcome to the three pages worth of new folks!
If there is only one hot chick in the galaxy... And she's your sister.

You might be a redneck.

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 5 days ago #75649

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome back!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 3 days ago #75691

• SuperBenSL8
Awesome! I'm in Buffalo almost monthly for games or concerts or conventions!

New Member Introduction Thread 1 month 17 hours ago #75779

• Breezee
Hey :)
My name is Max and I live in Germany and im new to this forum
I did not order a lightsaber yet but i am super excited for my first one :)

New Member Introduction Thread 3 weeks 3 days ago #75943

• DrButtlet
Hey all! I prefer to go by either Dr.Buttlet or just straight Buttlet? (I know its weird but it's like the only name I really like sharing online O.O?)
Long story but sometimes I type in questions instead of statements?
I talk that way sometimes too...?
Anywho,
Looking at a Vanquish as my first sabre from here so I will be asking loads of questions EVERYWHERE else but here! ^.~

New Member Introduction Thread 3 weeks 3 days ago #75944

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome folks!

New Member Introduction Thread 3 weeks 2 days ago #75945

• scifidude79
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi there. I'm Chris and I'm in Ohio, USA. I'm new to SaberForge, but not new to the world of custom sabers. I have somewhere around 15 sabers, I tend to lose count. (about 5 are in a state of disassembly) I'm mainly a DIY person, though I do occasionally enjoy buying a complete working saber.

As this is my first SaberForge experience, I just ordered a Warrior tier Prodigy in Amber. I ordered it with a 32" blade, because I tend to like a slightly shorter blade in smaller hilts. Of all the Apprentice hilts, that one really called to me. I love the details on it, so I'm really looking forward to receiving it and testing out SaberForge. I've heard good things about this company, some of which come from members of the online saber community who I have respect for and I value their opinion. Of course, I've heard bad things too, but I tend to not pay much attention to the overly negative stuff, as I find much of it is false.

So, that's about it. I took advantage of the sale to order my first, likely to be my first of many if I like the product as much as I think I will. I **think** I entered the stuff for the freebies correctly. The closest thing to order comments I saw was a box that said "Special Instructions for Seller," so I used that. If I got it wrong, at least I still saved 10%. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

New Member Introduction Thread 3 weeks 2 days ago #75951

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 819
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Saberforge order! The Prodigy looks like it will become a very popular hilt with that Graflex inspired design.
I gotta say that is evil genius you showed taking advantage of the offer for 10% off!

The folks around here will help you out if you need it, and I look forward to seeing pictures of the new Prodigy when it arrives.

kind regards and enjoy the forum,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4691
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119