Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Considering an upgrade

Considering an upgrade 10 months 4 days ago #70831

• rajess
Hey kids. First time poster. I'm not exactly 'handy', and my warrior level Disciple recently had an issue where the red lead from the battery pack disconnected from the battery pack. Not having a soldering iron, I thought to myself, 'why not just buy a new saber, it's been a year'. Well, the one I want is sold out, and they discontinued the one my wife wanted, so we're back to square one.

Then I had a thought. I says to myself I says; 'hey, why not just upgrade to sound? The PnP sound board comes with it's own in hilt charger, your base came vented for sound, shouldnt be TOO difficult!'

Am I nuts?

I tried (lightly) to examine the guts of the saber today. It doesn't look like pulling out the LED is an option, so IN THEORY all I should have to do is replace the battery fixture with the sound board, correct? And figure out where the charging apparatus should come out.

I am a babe in the woods here, and could really use some advice.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Considering an upgrade 10 months 11 hours ago #70989

• Dioggi
  • Thank you received: 1
In theory, yeah, it should be easy. However, some soldering may be required, depending on the connections already present.

Alternative option: hop on Facebook and ask friends if they are handy with a soldering iron. If not, try a saber group and see who would fix it for cheap.

Good luck!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (9 Posts)
    • The fact that there is no canon storyline from the Old Republic era, does not negate the era. I am...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (9 Posts)
    • hard to say if it’s Old Republic era... considering they wholesale wipes it all, claiming it’s...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (2 Posts)
    • i second this.
    • Saberforge Talon help (1 Posts)
    • Hi, I bought a Talon (Champion Tier) around 6 months ago and I've been very happy with it. However,...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5121
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 24