Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Blade Plug for custom saber?

Blade Plug for custom saber? 9 months 3 days ago #72166

• thisismysheep
  • Luminous beings we are.
Hello!

I am new here and have been busy with designing a custom saber for the last few days. I was wondering what exactly a blade plug was and which one I needed for the hilt I designed.
Here are the parts of the hilt:
ASP . Epoch Pommel . Standard
ASP . Body 4 . Standard
ASP . Switch 1 . Standard
ASP . Reliant Emitter . Standard
Can someone help me which lade plug to choose and what it actually is for?

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blade Plug for custom saber? 9 months 3 days ago #72177

• Heliolord
  • Thank you received: 13
Plugs are designed to protect the LED. To quote India from the sales team for a question about blade plugs for thin necked saber: "The main purpose of a blade plug is to protect the LED face the thin center emitter area [of thin necked emitters] is protecting the LED face from scratches already which is why a blade plug would not be required." So it's primarily protection for non think necked sabers (the emitters will indicate if they're thin necks in their notes, like the prodigal son or 08 emitters). Thin necks apparently don't require plugs since they already protect the LED. And they may not fit properly in thin neck emitters (though that may be solved with cutting the plug down, depending on the thin necked emitter).

It also helps limit the strength of the LED when there's no blade in it so you don't blind people with the strong light.

Beyond that, it's decoration to make it look like there's a port on the emitter that the beam comes from, rather than a bland hole.

Since your emitter isn't a thin necked one, a blade plug will be helpful to protect the LED. And I'd say a 1" or 1 1/2" would be sufficient for the emitter you listed. But you can specify in the order notes which emitter the plug is for and they'll probably make sure you get the right length.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thisismysheep

Blade Plug for custom saber? 9 months 2 days ago #72199

• thisismysheep
  • Luminous beings we are.
Thanks for the answer!
Now I get it. You basically only need the plug when there is no blade in it right?
I'll add it to my order notes and hope that I get some help then.

Blade Plug for custom saber? 9 months 2 days ago #72215

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 373
Yes, you only need the plug without a blade. In addition to being eye protection, they're great accent pieces when the saber is on display.

All of the "ASP Plugs" (except for 04) are designed for the detailed part to protrude from the emitter, which can be a cool look for a display piece.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thisismysheep
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Episode IX may indeed end the Skywalker saga. Because, remember, Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. He's...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • So Brax just leaked a sneak peak at his new amazing chromed Bane Mk2, inscribed with the sith creed:...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...
    • A Preview (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Oh my, where is my bib when I need it Re: the bane mk2 Is this a custom shop job? How would one...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5120
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 24