Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Graflex inspired ASP hilt

Graflex inspired ASP hilt 8 months 1 week ago #73313

• buzz_oates
  • Thank you received: 15
I'm sure this has been done many times by many people (I assume the Graflex is extremely popular among Star Wars fans) but I want to share my version of a Graflex inspired ASP hilt which will also serve as my Jedi hilt once I conjure up the money to buy another Saberforge hilt after my already planned purchase

It features:
ASP 3 Emitter
Vengeance switch (I don't like the switch boxes getting in the way of my hands)
Vengeance body
Graflex pommel

(with Cyan or Light blue and Viridian soundboard)

I should've changed the position of the switches to where the switches actually are on the real graflex and/or changed the switch to the Juggernaut or Reliant switch to where there's at least a small switch box. I'll probably do that later.
Follow me on Twitch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Graflex inspired ASP hilt 8 months 6 days ago #73345

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 935
Hi Darth Ceadus,

I think everyone who has used the builder has attempted a Graflex inspired design. Your design looks just as good as the others displayed here. I look forward to seeing it if you get to buy it.
Here is my attempt at a Cade Skywalker hilt, The Last Skywalker:

Based of this saber:

And thank you for your likes,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: E Bolton, buzz_oates

Graflex inspired ASP hilt 8 months 6 days ago #73348

• buzz_oates
  • Thank you received: 15
Very nice and clean hilt, it looks very similar to the picture (except that the only non-covertech belt systems I know of are the D ring and triangle ring, but you can always buy the O ring from TCSS)

I also look forward to buying my Graflex inspired hilt but it'd be kinda pricey and most of my focus is on my Sith hilt "The Slaughter"

The empty hilt my graflex attempt is about 180 USD, plus the PnP Light Blue LED, PnP switch and PnP Champion kit would add it to around 410 - 430 USD (I'm not doing the math, I'm estimating based on prices off the top of my head)

But if I do get around to buying it, I'll look forward to making a review.
Follow me on Twitch!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Graflex inspired ASP hilt 8 months 6 days ago #73349

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 935
Hi Darth Ceadus,

Thanks again, You can't see it but it does have the Graflex pommel, I just chose the full length shot (then realised the D-ring was rotated out of site...D'oh!)
I think it would be fairly straightforward to remove the D-Ring and find an O-Ring to replace it. You could use a pommel with a centre hole then stack some washers (getting smaller in diameter to form the cone then use a long bolt to thread through them and attach to the base of the hilt) The O-Ring could then be attached to the bolt. Just ideas though because I can't afford a new hilt!

I will keep my eyes open for "The Slaughter"....Good name that.

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: buzz_oates
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (7 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • Quote: Hey! Let's not forget Qui-Gon and Mace Windu. Those are a couple great characters. Actually, I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 25