Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: HELP! Super Confused with switch/champion v2

HELP! Super Confused with switch/champion v2 2 months 3 weeks ago #75699

• Guyser3615
The "guts" for my first ASP saber came today. I was all excited to plug it together and hear the sound and see the color, but I've encountered the following troubles:

1) There doesn't appear to be a pnp connection attached to my switch (see picture)
2) Upon reviewing the Saberforge site, the switch (momentary) should have come with a mirco dean connector, but my Champion v2 only has one micro dean connector for the LED. It has two small white ports, one with 3 contacts (for the charging port) and one with 4 contacts (I thought this would be for the switch).

Am I missing a piece, or is my Champion wired incorrectly?

I'd really appreciate any guidance.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

HELP! Super Confused with switch/champion v2 2 months 3 weeks ago #75703

• Lord270
  • Thank you received: 13
That other white connecter is for the switch. When you ordered your switch did you order it from the pnp section?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Guyser3615

HELP! Super Confused with switch/champion v2 2 months 3 weeks ago #75704

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 257
Did you A. order the PnP Momentary switch from this listing, or did you B. mistakenly order the DIY switch from this listing?

If A, contact SF because they messed up. It should come with the matching white 4-pin JST connector (like the pic on the Champion V2 kit page shows).

If B, you need to buy the correct one. You could email CS and see if they'd exchange the one you have.

HELP! Super Confused with switch/champion v2 2 months 3 weeks ago #75705

• Guyser3615
Definitely ordered the pnp switch- I've already emailed CS. So I'm hearing that even though the pnp listing says it's got a micro dean connector, it'll actually come with the 4 prong?

Also, and I'm sure *this* is a silly question- the switch doesn't "pop" up; it starts flush with the casing and can only be depressed deeper (seems like it would be difficult to use). I see on the listing some switches "popped" out; are those latching switches, or should the momentary pop out as well?

HELP! Super Confused with switch/champion v2 2 months 3 weeks ago #75706

• Darth Squidious
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 99
No, the momentary switches are flush and then get pushed in to activate. The latching switches pop up and behave like the clicker on a pen (click on, click off) Latching switches don't have the led ring and are meant more for sabers w/o sound. I've never noticed the momentary switches to be difficult to operate, but there are diy options that are more tactile (pop up) but w/o led rings and would require soldering.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

HELP! Super Confused with switch/champion v2 2 months 3 weeks ago #75710

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 257
Yes, the PnP Momentary (either lit or unlit) should come with the 4-pin JST and not a micro deans. The wires from the Champ Kit have the JST, so the switch needs it too. The only PnP switch that should have micro deans is the Latching switch for the Warrior tier. The copy+paste on the store pages isn't all that accurate, unfortunately.

Someone else can explain the switches better than I can, but basically yes that is correct. Latching will "latch" in or out, and momentary just depresses... momentarily. The latching switches are only used on the Warrior tier, Champion and Hero need Momentary (Hero switches are dual tactile momentary rather than AV, or anti-vandal, switches now) to operate the various functions of the soundboard, while the kill key is what really turns the board on/off.

HELP! Super Confused with switch/champion v2 2 months 3 weeks ago #75715

• Guyser3615
Thank you, all! This was incredibly helpful (and reassuring)!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Member Introduction T... (2491 Posts)
    • Welcome ticeetal! Good choice with the Oracle - I like that hilt as well. :) Can you elaborate a...
    • Welcome Ticeetal, I see I'm not the only one with a little sith apprentice.
    • Tell Us What You Got! (2 Posts)
    • Do we know when they are going to start going out? I ordered in first set of 100.
    • SF Renegade - Spark2 Cust... (4 Posts)
    • Nice! Of all the new Apprentice sabers, this one and the Talon grabbed my attention right off the...
    • Welcome ticeetal!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5481
  • Latest Member: Red Eye Jedi
  • Total Posts: 57.6k
  • Total Topics: 4812
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 9