Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Trouble Fitting Momentary Switch in Switch Section

Trouble Fitting Momentary Switch in Switch Section 1 month 5 days ago #76719

• zioalca
Hi all,
I have been collecting parts for my first custom lightsaber for the last 6 months and finally have all my pieces together. They are all ASP parts ordered through Saber Forge and they all fit together well except for the momentary switch. When I try to put the switch into my Exile switch section, the switch makes it in up to the threading but doesn't go any further. I thought maybe it needed to be screwed in to the switch section with the washer on the inside of the section holding it in place but after seeing how easily my kill key goes in I'm having second thoughts.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should do to resolve this? I've talked with some of the guys at my work place who are more mechanically inclined than I am and the recommended maybe boring the hole so it is a bit bigger. I'm thinking either I do this or I RMA both the switch and the switch section instead of voiding the warranty.

Thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trouble Fitting Momentary Switch in Switch Section 1 month 2 days ago #76805

• Darth Squidious
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 107
If all else fails, hit it with a hammer. Its a technique used by professionals called "mechanical agitation".

I'm kidding of course...kinda...

No really, you shouldn't do that...very much

Just dont make a habit of it.

:)
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Trouble Fitting Momentary Switch in Switch Section 1 month 2 days ago #76807

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 168
If the switch is close to fitting some slight sanding, a round file will work take off any burrs that might be giving you troubles, but out side of that you will need to drill out the hole to 12mm or 7/16... don't mess up the 14mm counter sunk part. Masking tape to cover all the parts you don't want to scratch i case you slip.
If I were in that position I would drill it myself and save time on a RMA, if you don't own any drill bits, feel comfortable or know anyone to do it for you. Then you need to contact Saberforge , their customer support is awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zioalca

Trouble Fitting Momentary Switch in Switch Section 1 month 2 days ago #76810

• Valaris
  • Thank you received: 8
Darth Squidious wrote:
If all else fails, hit it with a hammer. Its a technique used by professionals called "mechanical agitation".

I'm kidding of course...kinda...

No really, you shouldn't do that...very much

Just dont make a habit of it.

:)

In IT we called that Percussive Recalibration.

Trouble Fitting Momentary Switch in Switch Section 4 weeks 1 day ago #76943

• zioalca
Vechaljian wrote:
If the switch is close to fitting some slight sanding, a round file will work take off any burrs that might be giving you troubles, but out side of that you will need to drill out the hole to 12mm or 7/16... don't mess up the 14mm counter sunk part. Masking tape to cover all the parts you don't want to scratch i case you slip.
If I were in that position I would drill it myself and save time on a RMA, if you don't own any drill bits, feel comfortable or know anyone to do it for you. Then you need to contact Saberforge , their customer support is awesome.

Contacted customer support and waiting for a reply. Hopefully the RMA goes through. Thanks for the info.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Grandmasterbation.. (11 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B) He has all the Grandmasters.......
    • Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B)
    • SCORE!!! My first SaberF... (25 Posts)
    • Quote: I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip....
    • Quote: Quote: Those are all so pretty.... but my fav has got to be your Bastila tribute one. Some are absent.. ;) ...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5501
  • Latest Member: Alenacausa
  • Total Posts: 57.9k
  • Total Topics: 4828
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 55
  • Yesterday Answer: 83