Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Problems with ASP builder

Problems with ASP builder 2 years 2 months ago #18848

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Disclaimer: At the time this is written, the ASP builder is still in development, so any issues stated here are only meant for helping with that.

Hey guys! I just wanted to make a new thread showing some glitches I've found in the ASP program, hoping they might help with development and could be ironed out. If this topic gets out of hand (people start bashing on the builder, complaining about it for no reason, etc.), I give any moderator permission to delete it in an effort to preserve order.

Information on the priority scale:
The priority system is on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being highest priority.
Anything either level 5 or higher is impossible to manually fix and breaks the builder until a refresh.
Lower level priorities are either hard to get to, or very minor.
Any level 10 priority is BOTH easy to get to and breaks the builder, but also must be difficult to fix (more than a refresh required)
First ___ (part, saber, blade, etc.) means the original ___, which is pre-built when the builder launches.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get to it!

Glitch (issue): 1, Priority:1
I just notice none of the switch sections have any switches, only holes. In this picture, you can see the blade plug through one of the holes.

Possible Solution: Add an option for switches, or edit the switch sections to already have switches (because I assume switches will be standard on any saber with light)

Glitch: 2, Priority: 6
After adding a coupler and creating a saber staff and adding both blades, removing the first blade makes it impossible to add it again. Trying to add a new blade mounts it on the second emitter, facing the direction of the first. It also makes it impossible to light the new blade and results in a noticeable length loss.

Possible solution: unknown

Glitch: 3, Priority: 8
After creating a staff and removing the parts of the original half, any added parts are mounted to the second emitter, not to the body.

Possible solution: Most likely fixed with glitch 2.

These are all I've found for now.
The topic has been locked.

Problems with ASP builder 2 years 2 months ago #18854

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I just notice none of the switch sections have any switches, only holes. In this picture, you can see the blade plug through one of the holes.

That's by design. The switches are in the electronics kits. So depending on which electronics kit you pick and purchase will depend on the switches being installed in the saber. :)
After adding a coupler and creating a saber staff and adding both blades, removing the first blade makes it impossible to add it again. Trying to add a new blade mounts it on the second emitter, facing the direction of the first. It also makes it impossible to light the new blade and results in a noticeable length loss.

I'm not sure why you would need to remove the first blade... you can just click on it and change it to anything else you'd want. Length, etc. But you're right, it does do that if you do remove it... I'd suggest, for the meantime, not removing it. XD
After creating a staff and removing the parts of the original half, any added parts are mounted to the second emitter, not to the body.

I can't replicate this problem. Again, not sure why you would want to remove it, as you can click on the parts and edit the selection to any other piece, but when I click on the opposite body, remove, then add a new body, it goes to the proper location. Tried with switch and emitters, and they both work properly as well.

It IS in beta, but getting some feedback on glitches is welcome, so they can be forwarded to the designer and get ironed out. So all in all, I approve of this idea. lol

Problems with ASP builder 2 years 2 months ago #18855

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Ninja'd.

Problems with ASP builder 2 years 2 months ago #18856

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Aha. Just figured out the blade thing. If you remove BOTH blades, then click on the "first" emitter, add a blade, then click on the second emitter, and add a blade, both go into the proper locations. :)

Problems with ASP builder 2 years 2 months ago #18864

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
I can't replicate this problem. Again, not sure why you would want to remove it, as you can click on the parts and edit the selection to any other piece, but when I click on the opposite body, remove, then add a new body, it goes to the proper location. Tried with switch and emitters, and they both work properly as well
In order to get that result, I removed all of the pieces of the original saber (body, switch, and emitter). then attempted to add a new body.
1. Launch builder
2. Remove pommel
3. Add coupler (male-male)
4. Add body
5. Add switch section
6. Add emitter
7. Click and remove opposite parts, in order, emitter, switch seciton, body
8. Add new part (body, switch section, emitter, or coupler)
Hopefully that helps replicate.
Also, glad to get approval and know how to fix the blade issue.

Problems with ASP builder 1 year 11 months ago #24190

• Greywolfe
  • Thank you received: 3
One issue that concerns me is that when building my ASP saber, switches for the most part do not line up with the emitter of the saber. Is this just a glitch with the saber builder? Is this something that is going to be addressed before my saber is shipped? Just curious.

A little advice if you have the time Knytiri?

Problems with ASP builder 1 year 11 months ago #24204

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 92
SF has already said that all ASP saber parts are going to come with timing shims you can put in place between the sections to make them line up the way you want.

If you want to make sure it looks right in the builder, click on each part and click / drag on the part to rotate it until it's aligned the way you want.

Problems with ASP builder 1 year 11 months ago #24215

• Greywolfe
  • Thank you received: 3
Oh okay awesome. Thanks for the info, I don't remember hearing that piece of information yet. (Where's that news located?) That's good, I know you're able to rotate any piece in the ASP Builder but I wasn't sure how that would apply to the actual pieces when they arrive.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Anyone got a COLORED V4 i... (10 Posts)
    • You can cut down any polycarbonate blade using a PVC pipe cutter. So, you could cut down a day...
    • Anyone got a COLORED V4 i... (10 Posts)
    • Odd question ....could a long day blade say a 36 "" be cut to say 32" and the 4" section be used in...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5954
  • Latest Member: DavidTweve
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 15