Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: ASP Kickstarter FAQs (Updated 7/9/15)

ASP Kickstarter FAQs (Updated 7/9/15) 1 year 3 months ago #12255

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 379
Alright, I decided to hunt down the info that's floating around out there. Original questions in bold, Mr./Mrs. Isherwood's answers in regular. All information is coming from either The Kickstarter page or Facebook. Blue dates indicate older information, red dates indicate newer information (info will stay "hot" for a week). If I'm missing any info please PM me with a link to the data so I can update the list.

Questions About Kickstarter

Hello I'm guessing maybe it gives your target price somewhere in the kick starter info If i were to pledge money how soon would I expect some of the reward items ? Granted if it goes through and what happens if you fall short ? yes I'm a little new to the kick starter thing I have an idea what it is thank you for your time
The estimated shipping is listed under each reward. 6/1/2015

I'll definitely be backing this with my next paycheck! Looks awesome!
They don't charge your card until the campaign ends so you can pledge now and pay later. 6/1/2015

After reviewing your website Saberforge.com, I noted that your lightsabers have a 10 to 12 week waiting time for new customers. With such a significant backlog of customers who have already paid up front through your website, what is your plan to ensure everyone who contributes to this campaign will get their merchandise in a timely basis?
Our lead time on etsy where we do more than half our business is only 3 weeks, the website where we allow for more customization is 10-12 weeks lead time. This project closes in July and our shipping dates are in November giving us more than 16 weeks to build and ship parts, vs the 3-12 weeks it takes us now to ship fully assembled custom sabers. Parts, obviously, are much easier and faster to complete vs a fully built saber, and we we have allowed more than 4x the time we require to preemptively counter any unforseen production delays. 6/2/2015

Hey Phil, I wonder if you could post some pics of all the parts that will be available at launch? That might help alleviate some of the confusion/questions. Also, that might be easier for some of us (namely, me) to match up parts and create our dream saber in our heads! Thanks
we show most of our parts in the video, and when our project is funded we will be sending all of the saber rewards backers a link to a digital workshop where they can build and view their saber in virtual space before committing to parts. 6/2/2015

It's this open to the UK?
Worldwide! 6/5/15

Questions About ASP Components

Will you have different claw styles down the road?
Yes, with our monthly expansion packs we will release new claw styles as well as a claw holder that can be added to any 1.5in OD saber. 6/1/2015

Are we going to have thin necked ASP parts? Specifically can I be able to build a Prodigal Son out of ASP
Absolutely. 6/1/2015

will we be able to buy parts separately?
If we meet our funding goal Adaptive Saber Parts will become available to everyone, then you can buy them a la carte, or in a set at a discount. So please help us meet our funding goal to bring these awesome parts to market. 6/1/2015

Will the adaptives be able to have blades?
Yes, they are fully functional sabers, just watch the video and see how easy it is, you can build a saber with electronics in less than two minutes. 6/1/2015

OK Phil, I've studied that video. Are all the parts shown in the line-ups part of the initial release?
Yes mark, all of those parts will be in our initial release, plus we will be doing a monthly expansion set that will add 15-20 new parts every month. 6/1/2015

I like the extra long gladius, half gladius, half resilient, looks cool. Also, will the crossguard emitters be available in the adaptive system? If so that'll cool
Yes they will. 6/1/2015

There plans for adapted double bladed?
Saberforge We have couplers for making a double bladed 6/2/2015

Will "Crystal" parts be included in the modular set? i.e. can I build a "Crystal" saber?
Crystal chambers will be included in one of our first monthly expansion sets, as well as a crystal chamber blade plug with a reveal feature. 6/2/15

Will they be MHS compatible?
Tim asked me not to use his thread pitch so I didn't. 6/2/2015

Do these have or can they have internal recharge and kill keys?
Our initial release will feature a removable rechargeable battery rather than a recharge port. However a plug and play electronics kit with an internal recharge feature with recharge port will be available in our first expansion set. 6/2/15

How many parts will be available at release? I love my Reliant to death, but I would also love a unique saber to my own style.
We will have about 100 unique metal hilt pieces ready at launch, and then every month we will release expansion sets with even more new components. 6/3/2015

Would the leather wrapped body of the Descent be included in the available parts? Yes! 6/3/2015

Is there a plan to have parts to build a crossgaurd saber in one of the expansion packs?
YES we will offer two different cross guard emmitter/switch sections in our first expansion set, but please keep in mind the electronics for the cross guards are more expensive since it requires 3 LED modules vs 1 for a regular emitter. 6/3/2015

Phil, any LED AV switches planned?
we plan to offer plug and play kits with light up AV's in one of our first expansion sets. 6/3/2015

Ok, the tougher questions: On dual LED blades is there a power switch for each LED? Is each LED capable of being individually PWM controlled? -for example a 6w yellow LED with a 6w blue led being able to have the Blue-->Green our first expansion set will feature a drop in hero electronics set for people who want color mixing. BUT keep in mind the color mixed 12w RGBA led is much dimmer than our 12w single color LED. Most people prefer the brighter single color 12w, so that is what we are launching with. The only accent lighting kits we have planned are plug and play crystal chambers. 6/3/2015

Also... Assuming that the blades would be our choice from the infinity blade lengths?
You can chose 26in, 32in, 37in, or one of our light whip blades. You might be able to select one of the new katana shaped flat profile blades, but until we finish testing I don't want to say that's a guarantee.6/5/2015

@Saberforge, couple questions. Wo these have convertec knobs installed on them? Also there isa small brass piece seen on some of the assembled hilt pictures (not the thin neck piece) Is that male on both ends? Finally the thin neck sections Appear to be male on one end. Can the neck itself be seperated and applied to a different emitter and are the actual emmiter end of a think neck section removable and can they be applied to another body piece (Basically I'm asking if the emitter tip from the one that looks like the Redeemer be placed on a saber that did not use the thin neck piece.) And I guess my last question but still on the same thought, are there any parts that allow us to turn a male end into afemale end or female end into a male end so 2 male or 2 female sets of threads could be joined?
The brass part is double male threaded. Yes there are thread adapters to mix and match the thin neck parts with regular parts. Yes, we will be releasing with a full range of male and female adapters. 6/7/15

Question! In the future, if we buy an initiate-level hilt, will we be able to put ASP electronics in it? Looking specifically at upcoming hilts like the Archon, though having an answer about the Jade Fire would also be helpful!
Yes, our new plug and play kits can be added to an initiate. 6/8/15

When will these [6 new blade plug designs] be available?
With the ASP release. 6/15/15

what will be the price range of the parts?
Prices will vary depending on the complexity of the parts, there are no specific "set" prices for say a pommel or body. 6/17/15

will there be curved adaptive parts?
Yes! We will be releasing curved ASP pieces in future expansion sets. 6/20/15

Awesome guys!!!! When the A.S.P. Get released will they go to the esty site or your main site
Backers who have made a pledge will receive early access to the ASP digital workshop once the kickstarter campaign ends on July 11, where they can design and build their custom saber in 3D before placing their order. The ASP system will be added to our website and made available to the general public sometime after that. 7/4/15

Questions About ASP Reward Customization/Upgrades

The video shows a Champion tier saber being built with a second drill hole filled with a secondary or dummy switch, but can these ASP builds be made with a recharge port?
We won't offer recharge port plug and play kits, but we will be bringing out hero plug and play kits. 6/1/2015

If I pledge for 150 USD, can I also buy ASP electronic afterwards to upgrade it to champion` level?
Yes. 6/1/2015

All blade colors are available for this deal, right?
Yes the rewards with electronics kits include a 12w LED in whatever color you would like. 6/1/2015

is the 350+ donation equivalent to the champion level saber ?
Yes, plus loads of extras. 6/1/2015

I do have a few questions though Saberforge. In the video it said there were 3 different finishes. What are those finishes? Will we be seeing 'gold' plated emitters or other parts with that kind of coloring? Will we be able to see a complete listing of each part with pics, so we know what we are buying? I know, a bunch of questions, but I'd figure I'd ask...

Finishes are Standard *shiny silver and black* weathered, all black, and if the interest is there we can do a brass finish as well. Every saber we sell has been broken into modular parts for the new system, so looking at our current and future lineup will give you a good idea of the initial release. We will post renders of the first three months of expansion sets as soon as we hit our funding goal. 6/1/2015

@Creator, if we get the $225 pledge, is it possible to buy the motion and sound electronics at a later time?
@Marckosvl Yes you can always but the champion level electronics kit at a later date. The beauty of this system is how easy it is to install and swap parts and electronics. What used to take hours or even days now takes minutes. 6/1/2015

Phil, you don't mention blade colors in your campaign or video but are all the normal SF colors going to be available? Also it sounds like you are using all metal switches not lighted? The funny thing is that with 20 elite sabers it was hard enough to pick what you want. This system is literally a nightmare of choices. As soon as you think "oh I want that" you realize it means you cannot have something else. There are about 4 pommels I think "are the one I need." 40 days of this is gonna be hard and then "It will be a November to remember."
Mark, all of our 12w colors will be available, including the new Indigo and Frost White. We aren't going to make it any easier chose, as soon as we hit our funding goal we are going to post pictures of the first three expansion sets and a list of additional rewards for our secondary funding goals. 6/1/2015

Phil quick question if I want to add a belt how much do I need to add please? & how big do they go in size?
We offer the belts in four sizes up to 52in. The belt reward package starts at 75.00. 6/1/2015

On the "legacy" pledge, Is the custom saber built upon existing parts that already exist? Or can a part be added that is a new design. (I have an idea for a saber part that may work with any of your designs, I'm just not sure if it can be applied.)
It will be built with existing parts but will include custom manual machining as well. 6/1/2015

Will there be some kind of software that will allow us to see how our chosen components will look together before we finalize?
Yes, we will be integrating a digital workshop on our website for building and viewing your saber before you order the parts. 6/2/2015

Hello I don't know if it's been asked yet or mentioned are there any pics or ideas or concept pics of what the Legacy saber might look like ?

We will be adding a few pictures of Legacy concept sabers this weekend. Legacy sabers are highly customized sabers built with ASP parts by a master machinist who will modify them to your taste on our manual machines, and add custom crystal chambers. 6/3/2015

I'm also wondering about the belt and t-shirt being included with the $150 pledge (and above)?

Belt and t shirt are not included on all tiers. Check the reward details for a list of what is included at each level. If we hit our initial funding goal we will have a stretch goal and secondary rewards and that might change. 6/4/15

so, if a lightsaber enthusiast were interested in getting two sabers, but not looking for the motion sense package, is there a possibility of another tier to acquire the700 tier sabers with just the lights and the belt clips? Would we be able to double our pledge from 225 to 550 and get the 225 reward twice?
definitely, I'll build that reward now. 6/5/2015

If I buy the$150 tier, can I buy a blade and electronics later?
Yes! 6/5/2015

I have a question that seems to not been asked yet about the saber smith starter set.
For those of us who are looking to market their unique saber designs to consumers. Will people making saber smith a side business be able to buy wholesale parts versus people who are just buying parts for their own personal builds?

@Michael we will offer wholesale pricing to customers buying parts or accessories in bulk. 6/8/15

what is the size range for the Saber Belts?
Small 30-35in
Medium 36-41in
Large 42-47in
X-Large 48-53in 6/11/15

Just like to know if there will be ASP parts like RGBA leds and spark color five font sound available in future? Really cool to have a Hero level ASP lightsaber.
One of our first expansion sets will include a drop in RGBA hero kit, keep in mind an RGBA color change saber is 1/4-1/2 the brightness as a single color 12w saber. 6/16/15

When you say 'Drop in', does that imply that the electronics kits are modular as well? We can see the QC's for LEDs and switches, but will we be able to do things like take a champion kit and add RGBA, or add in-hilt recharge to an existing champion setup?
No, you would have to remove your champion kit, then install a hero RGBA kit. Our champion board does not support RGBA. 6/16/15

me and my friend are going halfs on the $700 pledge. does it come with 2 chargers as well?
The 450.00 and 700.00 pledge levels come with two chargers. 6/20/15

Questions About Timeline for Shipping Rewards & Survey

I hope I could also include other purchases being shipped together with the ASP? And since the shipping would be in November, could there be arrangements to ship faster to countries in south east asia so that we could get the saber prior to the Movie release? Thanks!
Rewards from ASP kickstarter pledges will be shipped separately from any other orders placed on our website or etsy shop. Furthermore, the estimated delivery dates listed on our ASP rewards have 4x the necessary lead time built in to account for any possible delays, so it's quite possible that ASP kickstarter rewards will ship much earlier. Stay tuned for more details as we near the end of the kickstarter campaign. 7/4/15

Is the builder email for all backers or for certain tiers?
"There will be a different backer survey for each reward." 7/9/15

When do we use the saber builder?
Our three dimensional interactive saber builder is nearing completion, it ended up being a LOT cooler than I had initially planned, we have a great programer working on it who is a true artist.

Once the campaign ends kickstarter will start charging backer credit cards over a period of 14 days, everyone who has been marked paid will be sent a backer survey, that survey will ask for part selection and address, and included in that survey will be a link to the online saber builder. 7/9/15

Questions About Stretch Goals

Do $700 and up backers receive a bane hilt AND an extra part/extra blade as stretch rewards?

Phil confirmed that the initiate Bane is in addition to an extra ASP part for the $700 pledge. 7/5/14
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by h2soy.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: O.G. Jedi Lord, Blorb, Darth Titus, Andrew Ford, Galini Pathos

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12257

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks a ton h2soy!

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12260

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 823
Hot damn!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12271

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Beautiful work! Well done!

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12276

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
10 points to h2soy :D Thanks so much for compiling this FAQ for us.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12279

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
My undergrad work was as a research historian so... this is kinda fun for me...

Anywhoose I'll edit in more info as I find it and maybe organize it once my current grad classes are done (3 weeks). Probably also incorporate color coded dates so newer info is easier to find.

More new info up about legacy level customizations and the cross guard components.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by h2soy.

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12282

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
*Claps*
dude…awesome stuff, thank you! answered so many of my questions..really awesome work here.
thanks again for putting it together and posting!

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12283

• Hagman
  • Thank you received: 3
These look great so glad a company is doing something like this. With something like this your pretty likely to have a one of a kind saber, not a claim many people will be able to make

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12284

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
Holy hell that last comment about cross guard emitters being ASP compatible!!!!!!!!!

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12288

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
that was actually something i was wondering too, amazingnesss! mine will defiantly be a cross guard lol

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12303

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
... And I lied. My terribly efficient German genes (thank you Urgroßvater Kaufman) woke me up early and I reformatted the list cuz it'll be hell if it gets too big and I have to reformat everything. Please PM with any info w/links I might miss; crowd sourced data is easier to collect.

Today's Updates: Crystal parts, timeframe, 2x bladed, MHS compatibility, digital builder (not "new" per se but first time mentioned within the kickstarter campaign), recharge ports...
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by h2soy.

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12305

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
Just keeps getting better and better. Thanks so much for the updates man!!

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12330

• Liodra
  • Thank you received: 2
If I understood well, I can take the 150$ pledge, and later on buy the led system and the soundboard right? I can't spend more money at the time (I bought an acolyte a month ago) and kickstarter propose great deals!
And with the 150$ pledge, can I still put my blade that I will receive with the acolyte in it?

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12331

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
Liodra wrote:
If I understood well, I can take the 150$ pledge, and later on buy the led system and the soundboard right? I can't spend more money at the time (I bought an acolyte a month ago) and kickstarter propose great deals!
And with the 150$ pledge, can I still put my blade that I will receive with the acolyte in it?

Yes this is correct. You can pledge $150 which essentially gives you an initiate tier saber, and then once ASP officially launches you can purchase warrior or champion level "plug and play" electronics kits separately and do the install yourself in under 2 minutes :) You'll also have to purchase a blade if you don't already have one, since the $150 pledge doesn't come with a blade.

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12372

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Todays's updates: number of launch components, leather wraps...

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12374

• Jyn-Toar
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
They should make the digital designer function with 3d renders rather than 2d pictures if they can, and have a 360 degree viewing option. That would be awesome.
Now I just need to get money. And, apparently, to move out, since my parents aren't letting me buy another saber while I'm under their roof. :silly: :P

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12375

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
And, apparently, to move out, since my parents aren't letting me buy another saber while I'm under their roof.
Just send it to a PO Box....

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12380

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • Premium Member
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
  • Thank you received: 1
Bigg ups 4 all tha info. U really answerd a lot of question we all r looking 4. So when I get paid Friday, I'm puttin n my pledge 4 my saber ASP system. Model system 2 view yo saber, bet dat!!! Thanx homie.
:woohoo:
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12385

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
O.G. Jedi Lord wrote:
Bigg ups 4 all tha info. U really answerd a lot of question we all r looking 4. So when I get paid Friday, I'm puttin n my pledge 4 my saber ASP system. Model system 2 view yo saber, bet dat!!! Thanx homie.
:woohoo:

You can pledge anytime, the funds aren't collected until the Kickstarter ends July 11th. Foo ;)

ASP Kickstarter FAQs From Facebook/Kickstarter 1 year 3 months ago #12386

• Jyn-Toar
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Ooh, good thought h2soy! But they monitor my checking and savings accounts I am only 17 after all.
At least I don't have the money at my fingertips and the capability to spend, otherwise I'd be going insane waiting for ASP. :P
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Exhalted Spark 2 (6 Posts)
    • http://www.sounds-resource.com Here's a link to a great resource for game sounds in wav format!
    • [FOR SALE] ASP w/ Chassis... (1 Posts)
    • ASP hilt with custom weathering, sound, in-hilt recharge, LED Quick-Connects. 6W+ Medium Blue LED...
    • Exhalted Spark 2 (6 Posts)
    • That's a neat thing with the NEC boards - if you can find game effects, it's just about converting...
    • Exalted Champion 12W Gree... (14 Posts)
    • Cheers, I've give them a try. I've got a pair of brown leather gloves, I'll see if I can twirl with...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4545
  • Latest Member: Myleshita
  • Total Posts: 47.8k
  • Total Topics: 3528
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 23
  • Yesterday Answer: 30