Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Received! Also I'm back.

ASP Received! Also I'm back. 1 year 4 months ago #61440

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
Sorry if this post shows up a bunch, but for some reason it's not going through I guess. Third submission's the charm?

Hey, guys! It's been about a month now, but I should be back on the forums fairly regularly again. Some work came down hard and I didn't have time to browse. Plus I was hoping some of my hype for my ASP saber would die down.

But now work has slowed down a lot and I finally received my ASP hilt yesterday! So without further ado, here we go with some pictures and a brief review:

I placed my Indiegogo preorder on 12/11/2015 after a month or so of debating designs. I decided to go with a minimal approach at the $150 Initiate tier (Hilt only). My components from Saberparts, as captured last December:

I spent the next few months immersed in Star Wars, and even bought a second saber that I didn't have to worry about Warrantys on to begin planning my electronics build for my ASP blade. Mid-April I decided to hold off on purchasing any other sabers or components until the order was fulfilled, so I'm finalizing my plans now.

My ASP arrived after 6.5 months. A bit longer than promised, but I went in expecting it it after the 20 week wait for my Fury (https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/fury/10163-hero-rgba-weathered-fury). Definitely a turbulent time to get into this hobby, I guess.

Here's the assembled product:

ASP Pics

I was able to get the parts largely lined up, with the exception of the emitter. I can use thread as a temporary spacer to get proper alignment, but I placed another order for some 29" blades and other accessories today with a request for some more shims in the comments. We'll see how it pans out, but worse come to worse I can try to find a 1.25" ID washer that works at the hardware store.

The total length of the hilt comes out to 13"... good enough for a 2-Handed grip and not too bad as a one-hander since I have larger than average hands.

The thing I immediately noticed (but expected from the Kickstarter and Indiegogo review/comments) is that the finish on the blade doesn't match up to the Saberparts website. It's probably due to the fact that the parts are more mass produced than other Saberforge products. Regardless, the differences really add a lot of visual interest to the hilt that I appreciate.

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with the purchase and I hope to post a bit more to the forums in the future as AI progress through my electronics build!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, OvrcAHst

ASP Received! Also I'm back. 1 year 4 months ago #61441

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 540
Snakeeyz99 that saber sure is sleek. B)

ASP Received! Also I'm back. 1 year 4 months ago #61445

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Snakeeyz99 that saber sure is sleek. B)

I'm hoping the consistent shape makes it easier to install electronics later on. Plus I'm hoping it's easier to spin than the Fury... the thing's awesome but I keep scratching up my hands on the emitter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

ASP Received! Also I'm back. 1 year 4 months ago #61482

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 342
Very nice design Snakeeyz99. Sleek and beautiful. What more can you ask? Congrats. And welcome back. ;)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Greysider.

ASP Received! Also I'm back. 1 year 4 months ago #61491

• MaceWindex
  • Thank you received: 13
Loving that curved switch. Sucks that it dont fit together correctly though

ASP Received! Also I'm back. 1 year 4 months ago #61826

• RichellM
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Snakeeyz99 wrote:
....I was able to get the parts largely lined up, with the exception of the emitter. I can use thread as a temporary spacer to get proper alignment, but I placed another order for some 29" blades and other accessories today with a request for some more shims in the comments. We'll see how it pans out, but worse come to worse I can try to find a 1.25" ID washer that works at the hardware store...

Rubber O-rings might work. It might add some decent accents between sections...

Just a thought.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fly with the saber in you... (5 Posts)
    • That's right, it was the Li-Ion batteries in checked baggage that caused issues. It makes sense...
    • Mystery Box Sabers Have R... (81 Posts)
    • Hey, if you can afford the $300 box, that's a great call. You're sure to get a good deal with...
    • Black Friday Sale! (15 Posts)
    • Yea so I just gone and done it!! HAD to take advantage...needed parts anyway... sheesh SaberForge...
    • Dueling Armor (9 Posts)
    • Realizing a set of black lacrosse gloves with a white panel attached to the back of the hands would...
    • Black Friday Sale! (15 Posts)
    • Quote: CrimsonJax88 Priorities man! Saber’s first!! :ohmy: ;) Haha, I know right, the only other...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6019
  • Latest Member: chadly
  • Total Posts: 61.9k
  • Total Topics: 5158
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 30
  • Yesterday Answer: 52