Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Avenger.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59773

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1166
Well, my new Avenger is by no means singular, or different from most of the rest of the ones already reviewed here. The only real difference is, this one is mine! ;) :P :side:

I will admit from the outset, the Avenger did not GRAB me the first time I saw it. In fact, I saw something similar at the previous saber vendor I used to do business with (though that one was a lot larger), and while I knew it was one of the sabers where they got as close as they could to a replica (and managed to be pretty darned close) of Obi-Wan's Episiode II saber; I was just kind of "meh" on it at first glace. However, in the last couple of years, since I came to SaberForge, their version of it began to creep in. I must have read a dozen reviews of other Avengers, and looked the the glam shots on the main website hundreds of times, and every time I did, it moved a little higher on my "gotta have" list! So, after thinking about it for quite some time, I finally pulled the trigger, and man am I glad I did!

This saber, more than any other in my collection has the "feel" of a real saber! The dimensions are SO perfect, I almost expect a real laser blade to ignite when I press the button! I always thought that big pommel alone would weigh a pound, but it is remarkably light!

I think what really gets me about this saber is the varying textures, and colors. The alternating silver, and black, combined with the vented main body, and the smooth finish of the switch section. The cog-like pommel compliments the visual flow of this saber in a way that just seems so suited to it. The part I always thought would drag me down about this saber was the emitter. It seemed so...unremarkable. However, seeing it from the just the right angles in the latest glamor pics on the main site convinced me that it was a look that had grown on me, to the point where I now think it is quite elegant! The flared top, that flows into the textured black sections, and the greeblies right below. It all just works for me!

The craftsmanship of the saber is flawless. There are no sharp edges, and the saber is comfortable to hold with one hand, or two (though getting around the greeblies did present a bit of a challenge at first). The 12w+ Medium Blue LED is a beautiful shade of blue, and brilliant to behold with a blade affixed!

I could not have asked for more when I imagined owning an Avenger, and I am ecstatic to finally have one! I am looking forward to seeing how it handles in some light dueling, but I am sure it will excel in that arena as well. I love this saber, and highly recommend it to anyone thinking of getting one!

Ratings:
Craftsmanship 10/10
Styling 10/10
Comfort 9.7/10 (greeblies get ever so slightly in the way of a fully comfortable two-handed grip)
Overall 9.9/10

I know those sound very similar to the ratings that I gave my Dark Reliant, but believe me when I say, I did not just cut and paste them. I sincerely feel this positive about both sabers.

Now, the pictures. Again, some of them did not turn out great. The little point-and-shoot I used takes great pictures as long as you have the steadiest of hands. Move a little while it is snapping a pic, and you get a soft image, or slightly out of focus. As I said in my other review, I will get better ones when I have a little more time.

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, Borommakot, OvrcAHst, Renaissance1459, DK44, Andi-Jae EL, TheGrandAdmiral, Gnost-Dural

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59774

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 566
That blue looks great!

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59775

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 310
I never get tired of seeing the Avenger. Someday I'll have one for myself. Looks great Brax. Congrats.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59776

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 531
Sweet saber Brax. It would seem that the Avenger is now constructed from the ASP parts. On the original version, the switches are mounted in the body section.

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59781

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Excellent Hilt, Congratulations Brax. This is a definite must-have in anyone's Collection and no exception to you. Consistent to your Avatar Image (whilst representative of and associative with your Exhalted) the characteristics and Design Elements of Avenger are quite fitting and exemplary with commanding Leadership with authority. I believe your Star Wars Themed Office may require a makeover now to accommodate the new additions delivered by Avenger and Dark Reliant. Well Done!

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59784

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Great pick! I'm with you on the medium blue. It just seems like the perfect blade color for this saber. Nice description of the saber! Take a break from being a mod for a little bit and go swing your saber around for a while. Between this and your Exhalted, which do you choose to duel with? Tough question I know.
- Light em up

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59785

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
As I've mentioned before Obi-Wan's first hilt holds a special place in my heart for being my first toy lightsaber ever, and seeing another Avenger will never get boring to me. As always, the saber is truly exquisite because SaberForge made it, but this one is one of the best designs they do, and I'm glad that you love it.

Thank you Brax for the detailed review.

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59790

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 34
Congratulations on your Avenger purchase and thank you for the detailed review, Brax! That saber looks fantastic in your Star-Wars-themed work station...

This is another testament to SaberForge's quality, and therefore, is why their hilts are worth the wait!

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59794

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 157
Glad to see you got your Avenger Brax! Excellent choice on the blade color! The Avenger is one of the best looking sabers out there in my opinion.
Congrats & Enjoy!

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59796

• Brax
  • Administrator
Andi-Jae EL wrote:
Great pick! I'm with you on the medium blue. It just seems like the perfect blade color for this saber. Nice description of the saber! Take a break from being a mod for a little bit and go swing your saber around for a while. Between this and your Exhalted, which do you choose to duel with? Tough question I know.

I have not yet had the opportunity to duel with either of them yet. Last night was a flurry of activity from the moment I got off work at my regular job. Picked up laundry, went to the gym, wrote Dark Reliant review, mowed the lawn, ate a small dinner, wrote the Avenger review, did a few Admin things on the forum, went to bed.

All that said, I am very impressed with the characteristics of both of these sabers with regards to their duel potential. I have a feeling that one, or both of them could end up being my new favorite. I will update the review once I know for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59917

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Great review! I think you have coined a new phrase...."Saber creep"....when a saber creeps up on you over time and you eventually end up buying it. :-) I think it's a great looking saber and it sounds like you were very pleasantly surprised with it. This definitely makes the rest of us take another look! :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #60226

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
Solid pick up Brax
The medium blue sure is a thing of beauty hey?
Surprised you were able to keep so tight lipped about your recent orders =)

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #60233

• Brax
  • Administrator
Was not easy, believe me. There will be more over the next few months if things work out as I hope.

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #60315

• Tech_God
  • Thank you received: 9
Great review & a fine saber, Brax. I think I'm going to use your review as a template for my review, soon!

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 days ago #64261

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Dang Brax, now that he who wasn't a particular fan of the Avenger has on after it steadily piquing your interest more and more actually has one, I guess it'll be my turn soon enough! This saber gets better and better to look at with every review I read. Too bad my poor wallet can barely keep up!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 days ago #64264

• Unleashediv
  • Thank you received: 36
Nice and congratulations on a great purchase Brax! I had second thoughts about it but with your review I am definitely adding this saber to my list.

I got a few to get still but I am definitely going to get it!!

Congrats again tho! :)

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 days ago #64279

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
excellent choice, brax! i hope to own the same in the future, after my asp obsession, er, collection is complete.

the us guardian remains one of my favourite saber designs but it's just so damned large. the avenger is the right size and would be perfect for spinning i'm guessing. i wonder how to get the nickel finish of the us guardian on the avenger. medium blue is awesome!

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 10 months 4 days ago #67778

• Cirdale
It's an amazing saber, I want to get one too!

Anyone know why the price is higher on it than the rest of the Elite sabers?
I think its the only one thats 199$ only hilt while the other ones are 149$.

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 10 months 4 days ago #67779

• Brax
  • Administrator
I believe that this saber has been added to that tier of hilts considered more intricate in design, or requiring more resource to produce. Others that you will find in this category are the Grand Master, and any of the Cross Guard hilts.

Standard Finish Avenger, 12w+ Medium Blue 10 months 4 days ago #67780

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Cirdale wrote:
It's an amazing saber, I want to get one too!

Anyone know why the price is higher on it than the rest of the Elite sabers?
I think its the only one thats 199$ only hilt while the other ones are 149$.

The Grandmaster is also $199, due to the extra assembly work required.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (13 Posts)
    • Hi EX66, I would imagine it would depend on what stock levels SF have in their inventory at the...
    • Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (13 Posts)
    • What I really would like to know is how many of the 85 Champion Mystery ($300) are Shoto and...
    • Ronin sale??? (19 Posts)
    • Thanks D7, I wish they had the option to do a sleeve instead of a wrap, and I think a green...
    • Amber Prodigy Unboxing an... (21 Posts)
    • Great job SFD! That saber looks spectacular, and the amber is awesome. I've been wanting that...
    • Amber Prodigy Unboxing an... (21 Posts)
    • Loving the Prodigy, right?! It's a fantastic hilt. I enjoyed your review.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5456
  • Latest Member: Clach1988
  • Total Posts: 57.4k
  • Total Topics: 4808
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 17
  • Yesterday Answer: 48