Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Darth Venic

Darth Venic 2 years 2 months ago #15634

• TheBrayster
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey folks.

I recently got my first saberforge saber, and decided I needed a costume to go along with it. This is my first time doing anything like this, and I will probably try to find someway to improve on this at a later date.

I'm not particularly crafty or creative, so I just found a bunch of relatively cheap stuff on the internet that I figured would work well together. Apologies for the poor picture quality, will probably get better pics later.

(Not pictured - lower half of the body. I am alone with a poor quality camera, so bear with me. The lower half is essentially black cargo trousers, large black shiguards that stretch from the knee to the ankle, and black boots)

The topic has been locked.

Darth Venic 2 years 2 months ago #15645

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 61
Looks great man. Great first try! I see the Sith Acolyte appeal or influence.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

Darth Venic 2 years 2 months ago #15655

• TheBrayster
Thank You!

While I do love the look of the Sith Acolyte, the number one reason for this look is that I just cannot stand a bare face (especially my own) in fictional characters. There either needs to be distinguishing marks or features, or it just needs to be plain covered up with a mask.

That and having a balaclava + full face mask also alters the voice, making it deeper with a sort of vibration, which gives the impression of a breather/voice synthesizer which is especially cool for someone more darkside.

I feel like I ought to add to the costume, but I don't know how yet. It does need to be more personal though.

Darth Venic 2 years 2 months ago #15656

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1325
A mask presents the intrigue of a man attempting to conceal his identity, present an ominous visage, or cover an injury/deformity. Depending on the individual, it could be 1 or all of the above! Write the story of your character, and I am sure the vision of the remainder of his apparel will become clear. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Darth Venic 2 years 2 months ago #15733

• Turan
Very cool! Where'd you get the mask?

Darth Venic 2 years 2 months ago #15738

• TheBrayster
Thanks Guys!

The mask is This one

For the future, I'm thinking of getting a second Venomous Fury and turning them into a Saberstaff, then ditching the hood/cloak and instead armoring up the rest of my body.

Sort of make a Sith Foot Soldier, if that makes sense.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by TheBrayster.

Darth Venic 2 years 2 months ago #16494

• Darth Callidous
  • Practitioner of the Rule of Two
  • Thank you received: 4
I have that exact same mask, AND the exact same gloves. They are both, without a doubt, very Sithy looking. Glad to see I'm not the only one that has such a taste.
"Where the Sith once wore armor, we now wear cloaks, but the Force works through us all the more powerfully in our invisibility."
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Darth Callidous.

Darth Venic 2 years 2 months ago #16558

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Mask looks really cool!

I'll see if I come up with a costume after my first purchase. If so, I'll let you know and share the results with you guys!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Which Length of Blade Sho... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Hello! I just joined the saberforge forum today mainly because I have one question. I was looking to...
    • Order modification (9 Posts)
    • Quote: As for the blade, I want a *longer* blade than ordered, so in order to cut it to length, I may need...
    • Saber for my daughter (9 Posts)
    • It'd be sharp in the DT finish but if you got it anodised black (like the emitter finish) it wont...
    • Which Length of Blade Sho... (2 Posts)
    • Hello! I just joined the saberforge forum today mainly because I have one question. I was looking to...
    • Order modification (9 Posts)
    • So in the original email i included my order# in both subject and body. As for the blade, I want a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5838
  • Latest Member: peyneust
  • Total Posts: 60.8k
  • Total Topics: 5048
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 38