Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16605

• Darth-Garth
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey guys,

I've been looking at doing some cosplay and have been able to find almost everything I'd need however I can't quite find what I'm looking for in terms of mask / headgear.

I was planning on making an armored sith and / or an armoured jedi that doubles as cosplay and protection for when I'm duelling. I've seen a lot of the airsoft masks and found a lot of them could suit a Sith and some could suit a Jedi temple guard, however I was after something more like a helmet that would cover the whole head for protection and when I have my hood for my robes down, you could see the back of the helmet, and not the back of my head.

I've looked through a few of the resource guides on here but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

A while ago though SaberForge did tease they were planning a centurion duelling helmet, just wondering if anyone knew where I could find something similar?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16607

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I don't think this shop currently has any full helmets listed, but his work is such top-quality, it would definitely be worth hitting him up to see if he could do a custom comission for you. I have one of his half-face masks, and it is amazing. He did a custom paintjob on it for me as well, and it turned out amazing. So! My advice, shoot him a message, see what he says: Hidden Assassins
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Knytiri.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16609

• Darth-Garth
Knytiri wrote:
I don't think this shop currently has any full helmets listed, but his work is such top-quality, it would definitely be worth hitting him up to see if he could do a custom comission for you. I have one of his half-face masks, and it is amazing. He did a custom paintjob on it for me as well, and it turned out amazing. So! My advice, shoot him a message, see what he says: Hidden Assassins

Thank you. That guy's masks are pretty cool, especially the Mortal Kombat ones. It looks like he's using just the airsoft face masks and customising them though. I'm not sure if what I'm after even exists, but I'll keep looking :S Otherwise I might have to grab one of these and keep the hood up.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16610

• Knytiri
  • Banned
He makes his own masks, I don't think they're just redone generic ones.

And, my suggestion was to see if he would build a helmet for you, as a custom commission. He does take commissions, and does a lot of custom work, so it's worth a shot seeing if he would get you what you're after; and they're high quality, not cheapos.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16615

• Darth-Garth
Ah fair enough, a lot of his designs looked pretty similar to what I've previously seen so that's why I thought he did just paint jobs on existing designs. I've sent him a message and will see if he is able to make a full helmet based on one of his current designs.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16629

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
What he does looks pretty cool!

If I ever got into cosplay, I'd go for two costumes: a Sith one and a Jedi one. I don't know what the Sith one would look like yet, I'd need to write down the backstory of my Sith character before getting into the costume, but as for the Jedi one, I have a pretty clear idea.
He'd be a Guardian (of course) and the mask should be white "weathered", as if it had known the turmoil of battle, with the explosions and it'd have some parts of it that look scratched and also some that look like dirt and the black soot of explosions (does soot make sense here?). The Republic logo would be printed in blue over a side of the mask, possibly around an eye socket, with scratches on it as well.

The overall look I want to get out of it is far from what I'll wish for the Sith one, which should induce fear as you look upon it ;)

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16631

• Darth-Garth
Just checked with him and he's saying he doesn't do custom work / helmets. I was thinking of doing 2 costumes also. I was thinking of either changing the color of the robes (brown for jedi, black for sith) and have either 2 seperate masks or an ambiguous mask, but wear the same armour.

I also saw some masks which could be used as a jedi mask but half of it is all beat up, so it could pass as a Sith... and that way people could only tell what you truly are is by the colour of your lightsaber.

I think it depends on the best mask or helmet I can find and then build my character around that.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Darth-Garth. Reason: Words

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16637

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
I found this on Etsy and I think it might help you. Won't be very polyvalent though as it suits a Sith a lot more than a Jedi.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16649

• Knytiri
  • Banned
If you like the sith acolyte mask, I think it's mynocks den has a full helmet version of that. I'll find out for sure if it was them or one of the others and post a couple pics when I'm back on my PC if you'd like. Shame HA doesnt do that kind of custom work, cause his masks are just awesome.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16651

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
Had a minute, I went to Mynock's Den and had a look. It looks like you're not mistaken. This is super high quality work!

Looks gorgeous, durable and light. Absolutely magnificent!

Can't post pictures though (company computer)...

Let's wait for Knytiri to do it :p

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16670

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Here's some shots of the Sith Acolyte helmet from Mynock's Den:

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16676

• Darth-Garth
That looks awesome! This is definitely what I'm looking for. I just checked his page and he says you can purchase some of his things if you contact him directly, I'm guessing they'd be pretty expensive.

He's got the tutorials on how he made everything, although I've had no experience with that kind of stuff, I may have to give it a shot.

Edit: After looking over how he does everything, I think I have no chance of making something like that myself :S
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Darth-Garth.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16693

• Darth-Garth
Oooh also found something pretty cool but a bit pricey considering I've just ordered the Bane lightsaber.

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/211121287/sith-inquisitor-helmet-raw-cold-cast

Loved this helmet in SWTOR. Think I've got some saving to do.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16707

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
Darth-Garth wrote:
Think I've got some saving to do
It looks like there is indeed.

I watched an episode of The Clone Wars last night and in the 6th season, Yoda is to remain at the Temple infirmary and do nothing but rest. There are two Jedi that are guarding him and they have not only amazing outfits, they also have a splendind mask.

I'll try to find some pictures to show you all!

I really liked Mynock's Den stuff, but it seems it's a bit pricey :/

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16710

• Darth-Garth
Just wondering do the gaurds look like this?

They're the Jedi gaurdians and I was thinking if I did 2 costumes I could use a mask like this for the jedi and I could use an acolyte mask for the sith costume.

I've also been looking into how I could make the helmet myself and found my best bet would be to use either EVA foam or bondo using pepakura. Although getting just the tools I need, not even the materials would be expensive, but it may be worth it if I'm able to build a whole suit or do a couple of projects with them.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Darth-Garth.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16712

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
Yes!!! They look exactly like that and by the Force aren't they a beauty!

I'll try to achieve that look for my consular in SWTOR if I can! ^^

I found a website where they sell those, they look pretty neat: The Mandalorian Arsenal
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Faethien.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16736

• Darth-Garth
Nice, that's actually the best jedi guard mask I've come across. I've seen a couple but the ones I found just didn't look right.

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16829

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
Yeah, I also found a couple over the Holonet, but didn't find any that look this good yet. Bonus: for 75$, that does not seem too bad, does it?

Help w Jedi/Sith helmet for duelling and cosplay 2 years 2 months ago #16874

• duokun
That Full acolyte helmet looks amazing. I really hope there are some more full helmets available out there. It seems sooooo much more appealing than just a mask.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Order modification (8 Posts)
    • So in the original email i included my order# in both subject and body. As for the blade, I want a...
    • Saber for my daughter (8 Posts)
    • hmm I suppose I could choose a smoother switch section
    • For better or for worse..... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: EDIT: My mistake, mustn't have been awake enough when I made the comment, thought it was the Jade...
    • Saber for my daughter (8 Posts)
    • :lol: only thing I'd bring to your attention (given the sensitivity of Victoria's hands) are the...
    • Order modification (8 Posts)
    • Quote: So i ordered a Champion Crystal Ares and at the time I didn't know what energy vibration was and so...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5837
  • Latest Member: RawUtentere
  • Total Posts: 60.8k
  • Total Topics: 5047
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 38