Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Sith is just the beginning - opinions welcome!

Sith is just the beginning - opinions welcome! 2 years 3 weeks ago #20264

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
I am just getting started on a sith / dark side costume. Not really sure where this fits in story wise. I don't think I want to go old republic, and I would like it to be post Force Awakens trilogy, but we don't know the story yet so it might just stay a concept.
This is what I have so far, the mask is by Hidden Assassins, the goggle are Dragon ski goggles and the helmet is a painted Swiss M18 Army helmet (that Vader's was based off of)
I have these respirator mask filters with plasma lights that I'm not sure if I want to add or not. I was thinking about adding hoses as well. I would like to eventually do a chest box with this. I was thinking the character took a saber to the chest and has a mechanical heart and lungs, hence the mask and chest box.
I was also thinking of some sort of chest armor and pauldrons, but not sure if I should go leather or some sort of fiberglass/plastic. I have no idea what I want to do for the robes yet, I thought something like the final image in black and charcoal would be cool.
For Sabers I plan on using my Amber Venomous Fury possibly dual wielded with something purple? Do you think the red LEDs in the mask work with that or should I go Amber for the mask as well?
I love Ralph mcquarrie's art and his original SW concepts are a heavy influence in what I am going for. Any opinions and advice is definitely welcome!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sith is just the beginning - opinions welcome! 2 years 3 weeks ago #20267

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I'd say not to attach the respirators on, but that looks to be the perfect place to run a hose from each side to a controller of some sort.

as I side note, I've never seen anyone (and my experience to cosplay is super limited) do anything with a respirator on their back. Might make for an interesting alternative to build something like a mandalorian rocket pack with the respirator built in to that instead. The hoses could run along the mask and go in at the top so they don't get in the way much.

Just a random thought for something that might be different. Should've saved that idea for myself hahaha

Sith is just the beginning - opinions welcome! 2 years 3 weeks ago #20269

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
Yeah, I am leaning towards no to the respirators on the mask.
Funny you should mention that! I came across this on etsy and thought it might all work together. The respirator filters can go on those wing sections like vents.
I'm just nervous about it because it is hard to tell how big it is, and I'm not sure if all the parts would fit...
All I would have to do is add some shoulder pauldrons, arm bracers, , and maybe some buttons and greeblies on the chest, and the armor part would be all set, so I am definitely intrigued.

Is by BionicConcepts btw.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Darth Floyd.

Sith is just the beginning - opinions welcome! 2 years 3 weeks ago #20275

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Darth Floyd wrote:
Funny you should mention that! I came across this on etsy and thought it might all work together. The respirator filters can go on those wing sections like vents.
I'm just nervous about it because it is hard to tell how big it is, and I'm not sure if all the parts would fit...
All I would have to do is add some shoulder pauldrons, arm bracers, , and maybe some buttons and greeblies on the chest, and the armor part would be all set, so I am definitely intrigued.

Darth Immortan!

(Sorry, had to say it. :cheer: )
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Sith is just the beginning - opinions welcome! 2 years 3 weeks ago #20288

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
Afadir wrote:
Darth Floyd wrote:

Darth Immortan!

Mad Max?
Still need to see that. Kids make going to the movies really tough!

Sith is just the beginning - opinions welcome! 2 years 3 weeks ago #20305

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Darth Floyd wrote:
Afadir wrote:
Darth Floyd wrote:

Darth Immortan!

Mad Max?
Still need to see that. Kids make going to the movies really tough!

It's already on DVD. Go rent it.

Best action movie of the decade.
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Sith is just the beginning - opinions welcome! 2 years 3 weeks ago #20320

• JohnyMac75
Collar minus the wings with your helmet and mask would be stellar, but I agree with not adding the respirator parts on at all, to either really. Everything else has smooth tapered lines and the round pucks take away from that - less Sith and more bad-guy retirement vent!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Darth Vader's light saber... (2 Posts)
    • Take a look on this page. MPP Mk1 and Mk2 These were a pre-oder run starting a few months ago, but...
    • Shoto saber design, ISO i... (30 Posts)
    • If its asp it should be easy to slip it over whatever you need covered, but I'm new to this. What is...
    • Darth Vader's light saber... (2 Posts)
    • So i'm doing a Darth Vader cosplay for the next comic con in my area. I was wondering if you...
    • I had missed that, thanks. How hard would it be to get a properly sized o-ring over a sealed hilt?
    • You may have missed where I posted it earlier...O-rings can cure what ails you on the cheap.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5837
  • Latest Member: AmbientStudios
  • Total Posts: 60.7k
  • Total Topics: 5037
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 32