Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Masks for cosplay/costume?

Masks for cosplay/costume? 1 year 11 months ago #23018

• Moikuato-Darth Gourd
  • Thank you received: 1
Who here knows a good place/site to have a custom mask done for a reasonable price. I just need a mask that covers face and a bit in the sides. Not something that covers the entire head.
"Those who stand on the top can decide the definition of evil. Justice will triumph because the strongest will become justice" -Unknown

I am PofATM
The topic has been locked.

Masks for cosplay/costume? 1 year 11 months ago #23026

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
Hey there! So as someone who is building cosplays to sell and wear on my own, what I can tell you about masks is this:

Masks are a lot harder to find than helmets, but they will be cheaper. Also, some helmets are built in a way where the backs are lighter, giving you the feeling of wearing a mask. These ones usually are supposed to be covered by hoods.

I don't have any links at the moment, but some great places to look are Etsy and EZCosplay. EZCosplay's variety won't be as great and they may not be what you're looking for at all, but it's a suggestion.

However, if you haven't completely closed your mind to the thought of a helmet, check out My Wicked Armors. Serious talent.

I hope this helped!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moikuato-Darth Gourd

Masks for cosplay/costume? 1 year 11 months ago #23029

• Moikuato-Darth Gourd
Thank you for your time and I will look into it.
"Those who stand on the top can decide the definition of evil. Justice will triumph because the strongest will become justice" -Unknown

I am PofATM

Masks for cosplay/costume? 1 year 11 months ago #23037

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 535
Pumpkin Slayer search paint ball mask. Your welcome.!.!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moikuato-Darth Gourd

Masks for cosplay/costume? 1 year 11 months ago #23094

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I've been finding a lot of interesting ones on Etsy and some on Ebay. Looking up airsoft or paintball masks gives a pretty wide range in design so long as you don't mind wearing a hooded cloak to hide the back of the head where the mask is strapped.

Prices on those can be pretty reasonable depending on whether they are prepainted or if you want to do the job yourself. I did find a lot of nice ones within the $80 USD range that are painted very well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Masks for cosplay/costume? 1 year 11 months ago #23107

• Moikuato-Darth Gourd
http://coldbloodartpaintball.com/file/ColdBloodArt_4_MarkIII_Pumkin_Head.html

I'm going to get this. And as for the hood. I might get it.

I am PofATM
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Masks for cosplay/costume? 1 year 11 months ago #23131

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 535
Awesome.!

Masks for cosplay/costume? 1 year 11 months ago #23138

• Dav Yeager
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 126
Sweet but now i'll have bad dreams
The light shall burn away the darkness

Masks for cosplay/costume? 1 year 11 months ago #23153

• Moikuato-Darth Gourd
I have red led goggles that you wear like glasses and it slowly flashes a red dot in and slowly out. Repeating in a slow cycle. That could be a good addition... might need to make some adjustments, but I think it would be worth it. He he hee. Although I have no idea if you can see the light pass the eye protection part of the mask, but I will soon see.

I am PofATM
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Darth Vader's light saber... (2 Posts)
    • Take a look on this page. MPP Mk1 and Mk2 These were a pre-oder run starting a few months ago, but...
    • Shoto saber design, ISO i... (30 Posts)
    • If its asp it should be easy to slip it over whatever you need covered, but I'm new to this. What is...
    • Darth Vader's light saber... (2 Posts)
    • So i'm doing a Darth Vader cosplay for the next comic con in my area. I was wondering if you...
    • I had missed that, thanks. How hard would it be to get a properly sized o-ring over a sealed hilt?
    • You may have missed where I posted it earlier...O-rings can cure what ails you on the cheap.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5837
  • Latest Member: AmbientStudios
  • Total Posts: 60.7k
  • Total Topics: 5037
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 32