Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Exhalted.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another Exhalted 12 watt Arctic Blue

Another Exhalted 12 watt Arctic Blue 1 year 4 weeks ago #59701

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1096
Thanks! I love the look of it too.

Last year when I ordered it, all I had to do was put my request into the order notes. I was worried for the whole 12 weeks that I waited for it, that they would forget, or would not be able to do it. But, when it arrived, it was just as I imagined it the moment I ordered it.

It is the pride of my collection, and I love it as much a year later as I did the day it arrived. The only thing I would do to change it, would be to have the LED upgraded to the 12w+ LED of the same color. That will happen one of these days, but in the mean time, I can see it on the wall to my left whenever I am at my computer (which is often), and every time I look at it, it fills me with a feeling of satisfaction. A satisfaction that knows no matter what other sabers I get, this was THE one that lived in my dreams for 30+ years, and now it is made real, and it is all mine.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Another Exhalted 12 watt Arctic Blue 1 year 4 weeks ago #59704

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Awesome saber brax! I gotta say, I'm a big fan of the full black grenade grip. Glad you finally got that exalted :)

Another Exhalted 12 watt Arctic Blue 1 year 3 weeks ago #59898

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Brax wrote:
Thanks! I love the look of it too.

Last year when I ordered it, all I had to do was put my request into the order notes. I was worried for the whole 12 weeks that I waited for it, that they would forget, or would not be able to do it. But, when it arrived, it was just as I imagined it the moment I ordered it.

It is the pride of my collection, and I love it as much a year later as I did the day it arrived. The only thing I would do to change it, would be to have the LED upgraded to the 12w+ LED of the same color. That will happen one of these days, but in the mean time, I can see it on the wall to my left whenever I am at my computer (which is often), and every time I look at it, it fills me with a feeling of satisfaction. A satisfaction that knows no matter what other sabers I get, this was THE one that lived in my dreams for 30+ years, and now it is made real, and it is all mine.

Beautiful. Maybe you can get it done when the custom shop reopens. I don't feel there is as much of a difference as 12w+ vs 6w, but I could see why you want to upgrade it.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Another Exhalted 12 watt Arctic Blue 1 year 3 weeks ago #59910

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1096
Mainly it is because with the 12+ LED units, the individual LED dies are pulled much closer to the center. For a thin-neck saber, that is an advantage because all of the light from the LED has to go through that small tube before it gets to the blade. To me, it seemed that the closer to the center your light source is, the more direct light gets through the think-neck to the blade, rather than having to rely on the reflective Mylar in the tube to catch the light from the periphery. From what I have heard from people I trust, the inherent dimming effect of a thin-neck is minimized. That makes it worthwhile to me.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Another Exhalted 12 watt Arctic Blue 1 year 3 weeks ago #59925

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I hadn't thought of that and it makes complete sense. It might be why I felt the light the brightness is great on mine, but had seen others in the past say they saw the brightness diminished with the thin-neck design. Thank you for the insight here.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Another Exhalted 12 watt Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #66253

• Vader
I really like this in Arctic Blue. I have it in purple, but I figured out that I'm not a huge fan of purple lol. I'm going to change the LED to either Green or Arctic Blue.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Youtube: Champion Talon R... (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Ooh... now we're talking. That Indigo LED makes all the difference on this stunningly designed thin...
    • Prism V5 Accent LED pads.... (3 Posts)
    • Quote: There is a config file called LED.txt that manages the accent LEDs. The manual has a good section...
    • Saberforge Heretic & ... (8 Posts)
    • Ordered my warrior tier Heretic (with Deep blue blade and black leather wrap) a month ago. Can't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5323
  • Latest Member: Danielbfep
  • Total Posts: 56.4k
  • Total Topics: 4724
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 17