Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Gladius.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Gladius Maximus

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60299

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 310
Saber Forge has done it again.
Champion Gladius 12W+ Deep Blue standard finish with brown leather wrap and SaberCore Crimson font paired with spear extension standard finish with brown leather wrap. Whew!
Alright, now I understand why the Gladius is such a beloved design-it's incredible. And with the spear extension it's even more so. The finish is flawless. The SaberCore Crimson soundfont is loud,deep and clear. With the extension attached it has a slight metallic pitch that gives it a unique sound. Both sections of leather are very nice and well applied. It's actually quite sticky(in a good way) despite looking smooth and shiny. And the 12W+ Deep Blue is stunning. It wreaks havoc on cameras, so it can look indigo-ish in pics but in reality it is the purest blue. I've had this beast for about 2 weeks now and I can't put it down. I love it. Excellent job Saber Forge!

With 32" blade.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Greysider.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60300

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
More pics

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60301

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Champion Gladius 12W+ Deep Blue standard finish with brown leather wrap and SaberCore Crimson font paired with spear extension standard finish with brown leather wrap.
:lol: Now say that ten times fast. That's an extraordinary piece Mr.Greysider and configured with the extension would be difficult not to imagine the wielder in a non threatening way. I've always wondered when attaching an extension if the weight is still balanced or becomes top-half heavy? I've played a lot of Snooker/Billiards and whilst the premise is only similar when attaching the extension, balance tipping is greatly affected. That's a great looking Plug in image#3, an aftermarket piece? Thank you for sharing, oh and finally, how heavy is that combined Hilt? Am curious from the practical application of it specific to endurance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60324

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 529
Wow, that's a Fierce saber Greysider!

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60330

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
This thing is a monster! Awesome! Does it feel front heavy at all? Just curious.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60348

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Champion Gladius 12W+ Deep Blue standard finish with brown leather wrap and SaberCore Crimson font paired with spear extension standard finish with brown leather wrap.
:lol: Now say that ten times fast. That's an extraordinary piece Mr.Greysider and configured with the extension would be difficult not to imagine the wielder in a non threatening way. I've always wondered when attaching an extension if the weight is still balanced or becomes top-half heavy? I've played a lot of Snooker/Billiards and whilst the premise is only similar when attaching the extension, balance tipping is greatly affected. That's a great looking Plug in image#3, an aftermarket piece? Thank you for sharing, oh and finally, how heavy is that combined Hilt? Am curious from the practical application of it specific to endurance.

When I first got it the extra weight of the extension took a second to get used to. But it balances perfectly just above the switch section so that was a quick adjustment. Gripping with two hands is like holding an axe handle. You can deliver some devastating blows with this one. That blade plug is one I've had for a while from Darkside Engineering called Razor I believe. It goes well with the Gladius emitter so I popped it in for the pic. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60349

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
HotRod wrote:
This thing is a monster! Awesome! Does it feel front heavy at all? Just curious.

Not at all. Which surprised me. With the blade in and extension attached it balances perfectly a little above the switch section. Not sure of the total weight of the hilt, but the extension adds about 8 ounces or so. Definitely a two-hand hilt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60352

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1158
Love the Gladius, and yours with the extension adds another dimension to a quintessential favorite. This saber, along with the Fallen, and Silver Knight seem like designs that lend themselves to straight-up dueling in total comfort. No greeblies, no boxes, and no uncomfortable surfaces. In addition to that, this design is a fairly close approximation of the saber that you assemble in Star Wars: The Old Republic when playing a Jedi character, so that makes desirable to have from that perspective as well.

That is a beast of a saber you have put together there! Use it with pride!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60367

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Greysider wrote:
HotRod wrote:

Not at all. Which surprised me. With the blade in and extension attached it balances perfectly a little above the switch section. Not sure of the total weight of the hilt, but the extension adds about 8 ounces or so. Definitely a two-hand hilt.

That is awesome! I can't believe it balances so well. Just means it's great craftsmanship and you did a good job with your selection!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by HotRod.

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #60922

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
Greysider,
this thing is fuckin awesome!

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #61367

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 133
That thing's a beast!

Gladius Maximus 1 year 1 month ago #61483

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! :cheer:
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ronin sale??? (15 Posts)
    • I reviewed all the powder coating with a fine tooth comb but have a few ideas for an extensive...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2485 Posts)
    • You can always send a note to their customs shop, and ask. The worst thing than can happen is, that...
    • Ronin sale??? (15 Posts)
    • Thanks KelbornX. Really looking forward to getting this functional saber even though it's lacking...
    • Hilt Design Gallery (1103 Posts)
    • Hi Roger, wamphyri13, Well I never a three-pronged fork....I guess the TINES they are a changing,...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5452
  • Latest Member: SuperMan17
  • Total Posts: 57.4k
  • Total Topics: 4803
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 46