Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Disciple vs Oracle

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 3 days ago #49644

• GrayHood
  • Thank you received: 1
Can't decide between an oracle or he disciple. Any one who owns one or both, your thoughts?
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Brax. Reason: Moved to subject appropriate area
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 3 days ago #49669

• Prowl
  • Thank you received: 21
I was in a similar debate about a month ago. It was a tough choice but I prefer the slanted emitter on the Disciple, so I ordered a weathered one in red with a black reptile wrap. Looking forward to getting it and my Exhalted when they come in. :cheer:

Are you going for a Jedi or Sith hilt? I recommend watching some YouTube videos of both for a good look at them.
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Prowl.

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 3 days ago #49670

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 124
If it was up to me, I would personally go with Oracle, since its newer and I love how there are no sharp edges. It's the flavor of the month.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 3 days ago #49673

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 526
Hi GrayHood, MHM, Prowl,

To GrayHood, I have a Disciple in Standard finish, 12W Green and with the Reptile Wrap and have posted a review of it with a few pics you may be interested in. Here is a link to it: For Tyeth's Disciple Review

I hope this is of help, both Sabers have pro's and cons, you just have to decide which Saber "Calls to you" the most.

kind regards,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 3 days ago #49678

• GrayHood
Jedi/gray jedi

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 3 days ago #49679

• GrayHood
Thanks, very helpful! I know it looks great in cyan, but do you think it'd look good in standard finish with a yellow blade?

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 3 days ago #49694

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 134
Hey there!

You might look at me as crazy, but I actually intend to get both. The Disciple/Acolyte (still don't know about whether I want a wrap) with a weathered finish in a 12w Blood Orange, and the Oracle in standard finish in a 12w Green. The Oracle will probably end up with sound since I intend to make that one of my two signature sabers.

But as my Master said, you merely need to decide which one calls to you.
"You must be ready, for the next Sith you face might be your last. And I am not Sith."

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49697

• samross04
  • Thank you received: 20
I was in your shoes about 5 weeks ago. It's a common place to be when debating a SF purchase.

I went with the Oracle in Amber and a black leather wrap. I just really liked the 'duck-bill' emitter with the windows.
Both are beautiful choices!

Happy hunting!
"I hope you brought a better class of soldier than these 'stormtroopers'.......you're going to need ALL of them."

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49704

• Ramaloke
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I am with Eddlyss, I say both. But if I had too lean towards one, I'd say the Oracle.

Of course each one's weight, balance, and dimensions will vary slightly depending on your preference and hand size. Blade length and actual purpose also play a factor (dueling, saber tricks, display, etc). A draw back on not getting to try them out before you buy.

This is probably the single biggest question people have on the forum... saber choice, given all the great options. It's truly your preference. I would certainly be easier if you could see and hold one in person.

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49708

• h2soy
  • Platinum Member
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 185
My initial impression is that the Oracle is gonna be a decent offhand hilt. It's smaller than most of the other apprentices, similar to the Consular. I have a Disciple and it's a good all-rounder. It's not at flashy as the Oracle but it's a great "starter" saber if this is your first purchase.
Wish List: Rebel, Count, Insurgent, Regal, Legacy 2.0

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49722

• GrayHood
I definately wanna get both, but whichever I get I can't get the other for quite some time, so the real question is which do I get first

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49732

• RotundChap
  • Thank you received: 13
I would say Disciple or Sentinel vs the Oracle. There are pics in the link below and the oracle looks tiny (granted, it's hard to tell how big the dude/his hands are) but the oracle looks like an off-hand saber if you're going to duel wield.

My only issue with the Disciple is the forks on the emitter. I have a friend with the acolyte, which has the exact same emitter, and he's cut his hand on it twice. There are lots of reviews here saying/recommending filing down the sharp edges but he feels that would "ruin my baby".

https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/oracle/10395-in-store-review

Good luck!!

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49741

• RotundChap
RotundChap wrote:
I would say Disciple or Sentinel vs the Oracle. There are pics in the link below and the oracle looks tiny (granted, it's hard to tell how big the dude/his hands are) but the oracle looks like an off-hand saber if you're going to duel wield.

My only issue with the Disciple is the forks on the emitter. I have a friend with the acolyte, which has the exact same emitter, and he's cut his hand on it twice. There are lots of reviews here saying/recommending filing down the sharp edges but he feels that would "ruin my baby".

https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/oracle/10395-in-store-review

Good luck!!

Here's another review of the new sabers with pics AND someone with normal-sized-looking hands.

https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/open-topics/4211-3-new-apprentice-sabers?limitstart=0#30424

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49743

• Kouri
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 150
RotundChap wrote:

100-200 grit sandpaper - stay on the edge, avoid the surface. Won't leave any marks on a silver or weathered hilt, but will make a silver edge on anyone that somehow managed a full-black anodized emitter.

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49753

• RotundChap
Kouri wrote:
RotundChap wrote:

100-200 grit sandpaper - stay on the edge, avoid the surface. Won't leave any marks on a silver or weathered hilt, but will make a silver edge on anyone that somehow managed a full-black anodized emitter.

Thanks, I'll remember this. My Venomous Fury should be delivered in the next week or 2 and I'll have to do the same for it's claws. I'll pass this on to my friend...

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49765

• Prowl
  • Thank you received: 21
GrayHood wrote:
Jedi/gray jedi

I certianly think the Disciple is better for the weathered Sith look, but for a Jedi look it's a close call. I think both would make good Jedi sabers.

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49784

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
Prowl wrote:
GrayHood wrote:
Jedi/gray jedi

I certianly think the Disciple is better for the weathered Sith look, but for a Jedi look it's a close call. I think both would make good Jedi sabers.

This is true. However, I see the Disciple as more of the 'lightside' equivalent to the Acolyte. The Acolyte looks like a Sith saber any way you slice it, but the Disciple can be either or with the right wrap/finish combo. As for the Oracle, that goes either way like the Disciple does.
"You must be ready, for the next Sith you face might be your last. And I am not Sith."

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49789

• GrayHood
The disciple is a gorgeous saber, yet part of me is also called to the more crudeness of the oracle

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49802

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Oh, I've become a huge fan of the Oracle. I didn't particularly like it at first since my attention was on the Chosen and the Bastion, but now I believe I've found one of my two signature dueling weapons. If it is 11" as people are saying, it'll be right up my alley in terms of balance, as my Apprentice is 10" from top to bottom.

Disciple vs Oracle 1 week 2 days ago #49831

• Greysider
  • Elite Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi."
  • Thank you received: 71
GrayHood wrote:
I definately wanna get both, but whichever I get I can't get the other for quite some time, so the real question is which do I get first

Disciple all day long. B)
MTFBWY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dav Yeager
Threaded Indented
  • Page:
Moderators: Brax

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Hilt Length on Prodigal (3 Posts)
    • Quote: I just received my prodigal son in the mail today. It's very impressive. My only slight criticism...
    • LED Color Mixing Question... (5 Posts)
    • Quote: Yeah, unfortunately i was looking for a while even before the price hike and just never pulled the...
    • ASP Reviews incoming!! (142 Posts)
    • Quote: [image] Here's is my ASP Saber....
    • All Black Warrior Tier Ba... (13 Posts)
    • Quote: Okay a Black Bastion from SF customs is about a 2 week order tops from payment to saber in your...
    • All Black Warrior Tier Ba... (13 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: When did you order, how did you get a bastion so fast? I ordered a month before these were able to...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 3873
  • Latest Member: prolagymn
  • Total Posts: 35.8k
  • Total Topics: 2699
  • Total Sections: 11
  • Total Categories: 87
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 74
  • Yesterday Answer: 170