Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newly Acquired

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12449

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 270
I'm just curious about which saber people recently purchased. Just to see if there's a certain design more people have gravitated to, colour, etc.

To start it off.
Last night I confirmed purchase on a Champion Phoenix in a 12W Red w/ Quick Connects. Then in the comments I asked for a 32" Blade, White LED anti-vandal switch and lastly a Black Kill Key.

So… who's got what comin?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12450

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
First off nice choice! But since the phoenix is on etsy, will they do the different colered switch and kill key? Not that it doesn't hurt to ask, I'm just curious if they will.

I got a champion Venomous Fury in 12W Deep Blue w/ quick connects on the way. I had requested a gray finish in the comments on their main site, but sadly found out they were not able to do it, thus I went with a standard finish. I went with the 37" blade since I'm 6'4" and this is my first saber.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12452

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I'm waiting on four sabers... a custom build (viper and reliant mix with custom relic weathering), 12W indigo with a NBv2, a dissident warrior from etsy, black Av switch and black leather wrap, with 12w artic blue, warrior consular from etsy, asked for a full black (the finish before they weather it) finish, but we'll see if that happens lol... in 12w lime green with quick connects. And lastly, even though it isn't a SF, finally decided to test out VV, and waiting on a dark havoc with the sun crusher led upgrade.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12455

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Bietr Krrob wrote:
First off nice choice! But since the phoenix is on etsy, will they do the different colered switch and kill key? Not that it doesn't hurt to ask, I'm just curious if they will.

I got a champion Venomous Fury in 12W Deep Blue w/ quick connects on the way. I had requested a gray finish in the comments on their main site, but sadly found out they were not able to do it, thus I went with a standard finish. I went with the 37" blade since I'm 6'4" and this is my first saber.

I figured if they're going to do a red led switch to match the red blade, it wouldn't hurt to request the white led instead. And I noticed in the pics it came with a silver kill key so I can't see a big difference in asking for black. I hope they appease my requests. I have some custom things I'm going to do to it once it arrives in a months time.

It appears only certain models come in a grey weathering. Not sure why…?

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12456

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Knytiri wrote:
I'm waiting on four sabers... a custom build (viper and reliant mix with custom relic weathering), 12W indigo with a NBv2, a dissident warrior from etsy, black Av switch and black leather wrap, with 12w artic blue, warrior consular from etsy, asked for a full black (the finish before they weather it) finish, but we'll see if that happens lol... in 12w lime green with quick connects. And lastly, even though it isn't a SF, finally decided to test out VV, and waiting on a dark havoc with the sun crusher led upgrade.

4 sabers?!? Holy crap lol.

Will SF install a black housing switch?? They probably won't do it in my Phoenix though. I already asked for a couple of different things in terms of screws on it and they said they don't do any custom work on limited release. So looks like i'll be doing that myself.

The Dissident looks pretty nice. I seen them post a battle damaged one on FB a bit ago. Looked sick.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12457

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Well hopefully you get your request Ne-Bossa Majik and let us know if they do. I was wondering if they are a little more open on doing a few things on the limited release sabers since the option to order it through there site doesn't exist.

Knytiri I hope you post pics of that custom viper/reliant hilt when it shows up. It sounds like it will be an epic hilt.

The reasoing SF support gave me about the gray weathering is as follows:

"The grey weathering is actually much more time consuming and intensive a process than regular weathering, it's also much more difficult to do on certain hilt designs, so for the time being gray weathering is only available on a few hilts."

Although I was not able to get the exact hilt I really wanted, I really appreciated SF taking the time to give me the reasoning behin it and work with me as well.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by Bietr Krrob. Reason: mistakes

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12459

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Bietr Krrob wrote:
Well hopefully you get your request Ne-Bossa Majik and let us know if they do. I was wondering if they are a little more open on doing a few things on the limited release sabers since the option to order it through there site doesn't exist.

The reasoing SF support gave me about the gray weathering is as follows:
"The grey weathering is actually much more time consuming and intensive a process than regular weathering, it's also much more difficult to do on certain hilt designs, so for the time being gray weathering is only available on a few hilts."

Although I was not able to get the exact hilt I really wanted, I really appreciated SF taking the time to give me the reasoning behin it and work with me as well.

That is good that they gave you a reason behind it and not just a plain "No" answer.

I was hoping for at least a couple small mods (nothing too time consuming) just a couple of different screws substituted in place for the Blade and LED Module retention screws that they would normally use. But it appears like they won't allow for any custom changes on Limited Releases as they told me; not until if/when it becomes a production saber. But perhaps things like switches and kill key like I requested in my comments can be made. After all, why not? They're a stock part anyways and It's going to need a switch and a kill key regardless.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12460

• Aproximo
  • Premium Member
  • Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast.
  • Thank you received: 12
I have 2 on the way.

Dbl bladed Consular with sound on only Champ sound on 1 side. Yellow 12w blades but the sound side has QC and a Purple di coming for it. All in standard finish and using the long coupler. This is technically for my daughter who is not big so short blades and likely she will only use single bladed (and purple) but it will sit for display double.

Also an Exhalted hero with the grenade section painted all black. Custom RGBA LED, Green, Green, Amber, Red.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12461

• Aproximo
  • Premium Member
The kill key at least is an easy one, if they don't swap it, they are all of 5 bucks on the site.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12462

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 327
Sorcerer's Staff w/QC, 12w Light Blue
Exalted w/12w Green
Epoch v.3 w/QC, 12w Amber, Dual Tone
Phoenix w/QC, 12w Yellow-Green
Reliant w/QC, 12w Blue, Dual Tone, Black Leather Wrap

All Warrior Tier (thank you Memorial Day sale)
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by h2soy.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12464

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Aproximo wrote:
The kill key at least is an easy one, if they don't swap it, they are all of 5 bucks on the site.

Well kill key or the a/v switch. Both are going to need to be installed regardless during the build. I don't see it being a difficult request to make. I plan on changing out the a/v switch later with a black housing (white led) afterwards anyways. Then I'll add my own retention screws. I've got one more custom thing planned for the Phoenix, but I'll wait until I do it and leave it for the reveal before I say what it is =)

What made you think to paint the entire grenade section black?? I just emailed them asking if I can get the Exhalted but with the grenade and thin neck from the Prodigal Son instead. They replied with a yes. But now I'm thinking if I should just get the PS all together just for what it is.

I think you're colour mix will make an awesome gold/yellow. I've seen what Red and Green make. So adding in that extra Amber… man. I look forward to seeing yours when it turns out.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12466

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
h2soy wrote:
Sorcerer's Staff w/QC, 12w Light Blue
Exalted w/12w Green
Epoch v.3 w/QC, 12w Amber, Dual Tone
Phoenix w/QC, 12w Yellow-Green
Reliant w/QC, 12w Blue, Dual Tone, Black Leather Wrap

All Warrior Tier (thank you Memorial Day sale)

Holy! Quite the haul!! Lol.

I received my Katana today (weathered warrior 12w green). Ordered the 12w/QC Red Champ Phoenix last night. And now I'm considering either the Prodigal Son or the Exhalted customized using the PS grenade and thin neck instead as my next in line.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12467

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 327
Holy! Quite the haul!! Lol.
I've started drafting a display case that I hope to have finished by the end of July.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12468

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Nice. You'll have to post pics!
I was considering just getting a belt and mounting it flat with a box frame on the wall and just hang all the sabers along it, off of the belt…

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12469

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
PLease everyone post pics when they come! they all sounds really cool (especially you Kynitiri lol)
i;ve got a champ blue Gladius, a Blood orange Princess, and a lime green Pheonix on the way.
pretty broke right now, or i would probably have about 5 more coming lol.
heres hoping the second go around goes better than the first!!
hope everybody enjoys theres! ( looking at you Kynitiri)

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12482

• Aproximo
  • Premium Member
Ne-Bossa Majik wrote:
Aproximo wrote:

Well kill key or the a/v switch. Both are going to need to be installed regardless during the build. I don't see it being a difficult request to make. I plan on changing out the a/v switch later with a black housing (white led) afterwards anyways. Then I'll add my own retention screws. I've got one more custom thing planned for the Phoenix, but I'll wait until I do it and leave it for the reveal before I say what it is =)

What made you think to paint the entire grenade section black?? I just emailed them asking if I can get the Exhalted but with the grenade and thin neck from the Prodigal Son instead. They replied with a yes. But now I'm thinking if I should just get the PS all together just for what it is.

I think you're colour mix will make an awesome gold/yellow. I've seen what Red and Green make. So adding in that extra Amber… man. I look forward to seeing yours when it turns out.

What I'm actually doing with the color is so that I can run 6w of green only or 9w the green with the amber. Then On the programmable boards you get to play around with the clash effect colors as well so add red or just flash red and amber. Not that I won't ever do the full 12w at once but that is not my primary aim with this set up.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12483

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Think I'm gonna have to "accidentally" wind up at h2soy's house, and "accidentally" end up with all of his new sabers in my car, and "accidentally" drive home with them, and "accidentally" forget about the entire incident, then wonder at all my good fortune that I have this bunch of new sabers! =D

Also, you can be sure I'll be posting loooots of pics of my custom once I get it. I'm dying of anticipation.... HOPEFULLY it'll start in the build process tomorrow. Which means I may only have a week or so left before I get it =D
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by Knytiri.

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12487

• Aproximo
  • Premium Member
Oh I forgot the other question. Years ago Phil and I worked out the details for something with a handle like the Redeemer and upper handle like the Prodigal Son. I never really figured out how the emitter should look, thin necs were brand new then and I wasn't sure I wanted to be part of the experiment. Also the prodigal son part was never really quite right in my mind. Eventually I got something much more like a Guardian from another smith. Good looking hilt but no way can it fight like a SF saber can.

Now they offer the Exhalted, they have pretty well dialed in the tin neck design, and I like what they have done with the rest of the handle more than what I had originally been thinking. But still wanted the full black like a Redeemer. So that is on it's way and I'm stuck with a dilemma as a kickstarter backer do I get the parts that build a Guardian which I would like to have a combat strength version of, or build something out of parts that has never been seen before (I suspect the second option will win once they have the virtual workbench up and running...)

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12489

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
I think I prefer the Redeemer/Exhalted over the PS emitter just based on the extra detail by having the holes drilled on the top flange. The thin neck and grenade on both are solid. I have no real preference there.

A full black Redeemer you say? Would you wait for the Protector?
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by NeBosa. Reason: spelling mistake

Newly Acquired 1 year 4 weeks ago #12509

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I've got a Champion Gladiator 12w Deep Blue coming. I was eyeing the Phoenix for my next saber, but think I'll do the Kickstarter ASP instead and build something Sithy looking :evil:
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fourth of July SALE (16 Posts)
    • Are bonus items random? (they probably are but the it was not clarified :P)
    • Fallen SF Custom|Story so... (6 Posts)
    • Thank you Ex66, Quote: Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special...
    • Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special one-off? You have a...
    • [attachment] [attachment] vv Two Indigo's under different Lighting Conditions between a 32" and 37"...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.9k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 23
  • Yesterday Answer: 87