Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Heats up real fast

Heats up real fast 1 day 9 hours ago #12871

• thorvindr
  • NOW ONLINE
I've noticed my 12w Warrior Acolyte heats up really quickly. Not hot enough to burn but hot enough that it's concerning. Is this usual? Are there heat sinks in this thing? Should I be concerned?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Heats up real fast 1 day 7 hours ago #12874

• Knytiri
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • “At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.”
  • Like received: 94
It's normal. If it starts melting something, or getting too hot to touch, then you should be concerned. But with the smaller form of the apprentice sabers the warmth generated by the led will be felt.

Heats up real fast 1 day 7 hours ago #12879

• thorvindr
  • NOW ONLINE
I've noticed about the same with my wife's JadeFire. On the Acolyte, the heat spreads out through most of the hilt but on the JadeFire it's concentrated in the top third or so. About the same temperature in both. Acolyte is actually a little LESS noticeable because I can almost convince myself that my hand is warming the aluminum.

Thanks. I'm already doing some modification to both of these; might see if I can do something about dissipating the heat a little differently.

Rofl. Liquid-cooled lightsaber would be something. It would certainly add weight.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Tracking Shipping (12 Posts)
    • Congratulations.
    • BANE - First look (46 Posts)
    • Holy crap! I love how a finish can bring out a different side of the saber.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1427
  • Latest Member: Tri-Force
  • Total Posts: 9629
  • Total Topics: 831
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 62
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 76