Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Sound Issues - Should I Contact Them?

Sound Issues - Should I Contact Them? 1 year 3 months ago #68020

• crazythatcounts
So I got in my Saberforge Champion Bane yesterday and it's brilliant and I love it. However, this evening I was swinging it around, letting my fiancee swing it, etc, trying to get used to the weight (it's heavy compared to Nerf blades I'm used to) and he managed to find the menus. After we found the menus, however, the combat sounds started to cut out. It still hums when on, but the actual sounds of it (the swinging sounds and the hit sounds) stopped happening.

I turned it off and on a few times with no effect. I also put the kill key in and when I turned it back on after the taking that back out, the sounds came back on! Swung it around a bit, everything's dandy, turn it off briefly, turn it back on, sound is out again. Flip threw the menus, no sound. It didn't turn back on, though we only swung it around for a few more minutes before we went inside and it's charging now.

My question is: Was this just the battery being low? I don't know how long the battery is supposed to last, and I hadn't really been doing much to test it. Was it something that I did in the settings? I didn't even know the settings were a thing until we discovered it so I may have done something. I guess I just want to make sure I've eliminated all areas of human error where we changed a thing wrong or didn't charge it well enough (I didn't charge it at any point before use, so it may have come partially charged) before I send them an email and have to send it back. (I ordered in July and only got it yesterday so waiting more would be dumb af and I wanna avoid it if possible).

Anyone else experience this? Have these issues? Know what's going on?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sound Issues - Should I Contact Them? 1 year 3 months ago #68026

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1822
crazythatcounts wrote:
Was this just the battery being low? I don't know how long the battery is supposed to last, and I hadn't really been doing much to test it.
Could be although wouldn't hurt to try. Hilts typically don't come fully charged outofbox. Plug jack in and LED on charger should be Red. Usually takes couple of hours and will go Green when ready.
Was it something that I did in the settings? I didn't even know the settings were a thing until we discovered it so I may have done something.
Maybe. Could be mistaken but IIRC, default settings= 4, High, 5, 7. Doesn't matter really since it gets (can be) changed.
I guess I just want to make sure I've eliminated all areas of human error where we changed a thing wrong or didn't charge it well enough (I didn't charge it at any point before use, so it may have come partially charged)
Makes sense. Depending on Country of delivery, entertaining send-backs well... blows.
before I send them an email and have to send it back. (I ordered in July and only got it yesterday so waiting more would be dumb af and I wanna avoid it if possible).
Do another assessment after battery has been charged to determine follow-on action.
Anyone else experience this? Have these issues? Know what's going on?
Yes. Yes. No idea as even after 'some returns' are returned, the diagnosis isn't always disclosed or how it was resolved only that the problems are no longer there. User experiences will vary and reasons aren't specific. If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to contact SFCS even if it turns out to be nothing 'cos minimally, the matter has been memorialised. Good Luck and remember, if all comes good, Review with pictures over in the Review Section. :)

Sound Issues - Should I Contact Them? 1 year 3 months ago #68028

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
crazy, i'd charge the battery first then check. sometimes it's as simple as that. having said that, i've had three defective asp champion sound kits, one straight out of the packaging. am currently waiting to receive replacements.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Gnost-Dural.

Sound Issues - Should I Contact Them? 11 months 2 weeks ago #72872

• JEB
Hi there, I'm having similar issues.

I just got Champion-tier saber yesterday. It's fantastic and all of that. But, when I turn the saber on, everything works except for the swing sounds. These only come on about half the time. I'm going to charge it up to bull blast because I haven't tried that yet. But if that doesn't work, I guess I should contact them? Not sure if this normal or not.

Sound Issues - Should I Contact Them? 11 months 2 weeks ago #72874

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 333
First and foremost - Charge the battery. Lots of weird things start to happen when the board is starved for power.

Some common "weirdness" with low battery
1) LED flickers
2) In LEDS with Reds for color mixes - Non red LEDs dim first, giving a color shift. Purple goes to pink, Yellow to orange, etc.
3) Phantom swings and clashes - random or missing swings and clashes
4) Saber boots, but no sound after ignition of blade
5) Saber reboots on swing or clash
6) Saber boots, but shuts off or reboots on switch activation
7) and finally, saber does nothing when kill key is pulled.

So if after charging your saber to full you experience any of that weirdness - Contact customer service.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• VV Blade Plugs Compatible... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: Wait.... Yep. :dry: It's what I've experienced and not just with VV Plugs into VV emitters but VV...
    • [FOR SALE] DOWNSIZING CLE... (13 Posts)
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment]
    • VV Blade Plugs Compatible... (7 Posts)
    • Wait....so according to those numbers, their blade plug is a hair too big to fit into their own...
    • Another Star Wars Trilogy... (12 Posts)
    • I am very excited by this news! There's no singleplayer game I have completed more often than the...
    • Favorite Saberforge Saber... (19 Posts)
    • Without a doubt is my ASP Reborn saberstaff. Brass/Gold powdercoat ribbs, milled shine thru Reborn...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6547
  • Latest Member: sammy12369
  • Total Posts: 65.2k
  • Total Topics: 5521
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 137
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 26
  • Yesterday Answer: 43