Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Am I missing a part?

Am I missing a part? 1 year 3 months ago #68043

• Clab
Hi guys. I finally got my saber but it looks like a part is missing. In every picture I've seen, there has been an LED button above the kill key, however mine does not have this. (This is a Hero Tier RGBA Relic).

What I was expecting:
https://gyazo.com/30e1f14e4c34403329f1250fcaffd5fd

Mine:
https://gyazo.com/7581a84918f5a74b9165243bd109243c

Am I simply missing a part here that will plug on and illuminate? There is definitely nothing else in the box.

Cheers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Am I missing a part? 1 year 3 months ago #68046

• WookieeGunner
  • Thank you received: 11
It looks like you were expecting the old setup (lit AV switch) and you got the new one (dual micro tactical).

Am I missing a part? 1 year 3 months ago #68047

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 189
WookieeGunner wrote:
It looks like you were expecting the old setup (lit AV switch) and you got the new one (dual micro tactical).

To clarify, it looks like SF is making the new electronics layout they're using in the ASP electronics standard. With the old setup, you would need two lit momentary switches and a recharge port for a hero tier blade. This would mean three machined holes in the hilt and would require more of the saber's surface area and inner volume to accomplish. You could theoretically design all hilts to use three holes, but this is impractical for most hilts and borderline impossible for ASP.

They solved this by including what is essentially two non-illuminated switches in one for lighting control of the hero tiers, which allows the second hole for in-hilt recharge. The picture you were using was the Champion tier, which requires only one momentary switch to work and can thus use an illuminated switch.

Am I missing a part? 1 year 3 months ago #68049

• Clab
Ok, sounds good. Glad to know everything is as it should be.

Thanks for the quick answers!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• VV Blade Plugs Compatible... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: Wait.... Yep. :dry: It's what I've experienced and not just with VV Plugs into VV emitters but VV...
    • [FOR SALE] DOWNSIZING CLE... (13 Posts)
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment]
    • VV Blade Plugs Compatible... (7 Posts)
    • Wait....so according to those numbers, their blade plug is a hair too big to fit into their own...
    • Another Star Wars Trilogy... (12 Posts)
    • I am very excited by this news! There's no singleplayer game I have completed more often than the...
    • Favorite Saberforge Saber... (19 Posts)
    • Without a doubt is my ASP Reborn saberstaff. Brass/Gold powdercoat ribbs, milled shine thru Reborn...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6547
  • Latest Member: sammy12369
  • Total Posts: 65.2k
  • Total Topics: 5521
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 137
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 26
  • Yesterday Answer: 43