Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Spark 2 Templar - Delayed Ignition / Cross Guard

Spark 2 Templar - Delayed Ignition / Cross Guard 4 months 3 weeks ago #68598

• DarthPopsicles
Hi all

Okay, well I downloaded the DEFAULT data set from http://www.saberigniter.com/sparkcolor2.aspx for my Templar Hero with Spark Color 2.

It works MUCH BETTER than the fonts that Saberforge provided (I documented the phantom clash elsewhere).

But now.. only the main blade lights up. the one thing I wanted with the hero edition was the delayed ignition.

Does anyone know which setting in which file in which folder will accomplish that?

Im using DiffMerge to compare the INI files.. and they're basically completely different.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spark 2 Templar - Delayed Ignition / Cross Guard 4 months 3 weeks ago #68606

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 580
You need to enable crossguard support in your "master.ini" file. Not sure what option that is though - I'm assuming changing:

crss=0

to

crss=1

will do it, but I've only a Spark2 config in front of me at the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthPopsicles

Spark 2 Templar - Delayed Ignition / Cross Guard 4 months 3 weeks ago #68607

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 189
Check that you have the latest configurator. There is a check box.

Spark 2 Templar - Delayed Ignition / Cross Guard 4 months 3 weeks ago #68611

• DarthPopsicles
Based on this... I think this is almost certainly a hardware issue. Here’s how I debugged it:

i see that CRSS=1... butI DID notice that c4Percent=0 and as soon at I changed that to a non zero value (I chose 95) I started seeing the weird behavior AGAIN.

It would bake the clash sound incessantly even when the saber is sitting on the ground. (shown here )

Next up, I took the original set of settings that shipped with the saber and set c4Percent=0... and the clash behavior didn't happen

Seems like a hardware problem to me. :-( right in time for halloween too.

It seems to work fine without the cross guard LED active. ARGH.

Spark 2 Templar - Delayed Ignition / Cross Guard 4 months 3 weeks ago #68615

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
I know Plecter boards get phantom swings when the LEDs draw too much current - might be similar with your Spark.

On Master.ini, set c1-c3 Percent to 80. Set C4 Percent to 50. See how that does.

EDIT: Jas, if I remember correctly, this guy's on a Mac and doesn't have access to the config tool. We're stuck manually editing the INI files.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Kouri.

Spark 2 Templar - Delayed Ignition / Cross Guard 4 months 3 weeks ago #68616

• DarthPopsicles
Yah, Im indeed on a mac, but that's fine. I can just edit the ini files. Im looking at the master.ini, and I set the values do 80,80,80,50, and saw the same behavior.

I then set them MUCH lower (50,50,50,50).. and still saw it (although it was quite a bit dimmer obviously)

The strange thing is that this ONLY happens constantly with the Red, a little with the Green, and hardly at all with the Blue.

I guess im wondering if other people have had success with either the default data that the saber comes with..... or the set that you download on the spark 2 site. Like.. am I the only idiot whose saber is doing this?

I cant help escape the feeling that they MUST have tested this.. and I MUST be doing something wrong.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by DarthPopsicles.

Spark 2 Templar - Delayed Ignition / Cross Guard 4 months 3 weeks ago #68617

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
Ehhhh, gonna say hardware issue. I've seen a few loose CPU pins on Spark cause random blaster blocks. Technically, running a soldering iron along the pins is enough to sort it out, but if you've still got your warranty, you're better off taking advantage of it.

Spark 2 Templar - Delayed Ignition / Cross Guard 4 months 3 weeks ago #68618

• DarthPopsicles
Roger that. I am SOOOOOO not the right guy to have a soldering gun in my hands. Also, as I got it only a few days ago and this was the first thing I noticed, im hoping they just reply to my email soon :)

I think, in retrospect, I'd get the Champion tier instead.. and just freaking get a red one. Its not like I'd ever need a blue cross guard saber.

I really really appreciate your input here folks.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Payment types? (4 Posts)
    • The bottom of the site says they accept American express, Visa, discover, Mastercard, JCB and there...
    • well..........that sucks.
    • Apparently they don't accept Paypal I asked CS a while ago which payment options they accepted. They...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Guess I need to clear my schedule then.... :P :lol: You mean it's not already cleared for the 4...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: SWEET! I will definitely be getting an Aeon. Prodigy looks great too. I'd have to see some...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4710
  • Latest Member: TARoberth2C1e
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 32
  • Yesterday Answer: 41