Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Aeon powder coat idea

Aeon powder coat idea 8 months 1 week ago #74575

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 138
I probably won't be able to do this any time soon since I just blew my saber budget on the flash sale on etsy, but picture this: the new aeon saber, but where the silver finish is, have a white powder coat. It'd still have the black accents. I could see it being a semi mass produced backup saber for knights during the clone wars (matching the white armor they wore).

What do you guys think? If someone wants to do it before I can, glad to help.

Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Muns. Reason: Wrong pictures
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aeon powder coat idea 8 months 1 week ago #74578

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 971
Hi Muns,

This isn't the greatest photo editing in the Galaxy but it might give a slight idea of how it might look. Please pardon the sample watermark but I edited a picture of a saber elsewhere on the net and some people thought it was official pics so I now add the mark.

Photo editing doesn't like silver and white shades they are a pain to edit. Also you might like my STORMFORCE ASP saber I designed for the troopers.

kind regards,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muns

Aeon powder coat idea 8 months 1 week ago #74579

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 138
Thanks! I think that helps solidify my need for this saber. Any idea on what color blade should go with it? I'm thinking white or maybe mint green.
Also, that stormforce hilt is great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Aeon powder coat idea 8 months 1 week ago #74580

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 971
Hi Muns,

You're welcome, glad I could help. While I was researching for my ASP design I saw the original Ralph MacQuarrie concept art and the Stormtroopers (although probably Imperial era) had white blades before Lucas dismissed the idea of everybody using sabers.
That Aeon should look good with white as it will contrast nicely with the black window linings. Mind you mint green isn't a bad choice. If you want I can edit my Stormforce pics one with white and one mint green just for an idea.

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Aeon powder coat idea 8 months 1 week ago #74588

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 748
The hiccup I'm seeing is trying to PC with white. I'm pretty sure this would pan out one of two ways:

1) The Gloss White is opaque, resulting in a completely white hilt, recesses and all.

2) Gloss white is semi-transparent, resulting in a white surface with gray recesses.

Pretty sure all of the dual-tone PCs rely on transparent-color coating which darkens the entire hilt (silver-metal turns colored-metal and black stays black since it won't go any darker)

Aeon powder coat idea 8 months 1 week ago #74589

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 420
Well, considering this:

And some other confirmations via inquiry to customer service of the new PC options in other posts (don't remember where they were to dig them up), Gloss White would be all white everywhere on the saber, when selecting it from the finish options on the main ordering page.

However...

You could elect to go through the SF Customs Shop for a custom powder coat scheme, where you could keep the black detailing via simply not putting anything on the anodized parts, or with a Mirror Black PC in those areas (to match the shiny finish of the Gloss White).

IRCC, it was said that they're doing it this way to "lighten the load" on the Customs Shop, since the majority of requests were just simple full-saber powder coats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muns
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (6 Posts)
    • So, you said in your video that you adjusted the motion sensitivity. Did you adjust your spin...
    • Thank you very much, Brax. I'm hoping I don't have to send this saber off again... I'm praying its...
    • I don't think it is a design flaw, but I will see what I can find out about it.
    • I legitimately hope it's an issue and not just the way the board is... because if so... that is a...
    • I get the same thing where basically a new sound "overwrites" another. This is particularly...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6244
  • Latest Member: Hulnickoluslo
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5270
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 33
  • Yesterday Answer: 27