Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saber won't start

Saber won't start 3 weeks 2 days ago #76002

• Pedrias
  • Rule through fear of the force rather than force itself
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey everyone!

So I'm having a problem with my venom champion edition (12w brightness, if that makes a difference). Was using it one night, turned it off for a break, tried to turn it on again and it wouldn't. Just figured the battery was dead and needed a recharge. I charged it overnight, made sure the light started at orange and ended at green, and it still didn't turn on. Kept plugging it back in, light stayed green. :(

I have used it for a a few full contact spar sessions, but more for choreography as of late, which is when that happened. I'd say that's more light contact. Is there a solution at home I can utilize, or am I going to have to send it in? :S

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saber won't start 3 weeks 2 days ago #76003

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
Depends on a couple of things.

Is the saber on still under warranty? If so, arranging for an RMA would probably be the best option in most circumstances.

If it is not under warranty, it would depend on how comfortable you are searching for a loose connection, or solder that has broken free. If you are not into that, then sending it might still be a good option. Their repair rates are reasonable, and so long as you are within the US, the postage isn't horrible.

If you are not in the US, or don't wish to go through the return process, you can shop around for a saber smith in the community who would be willing to take a look at it. There are a few very good ones that hang around this forum, with varying degrees of frequency. There are more still to be found on the Custom Light Saber Owners group on Facebook (membership required, but typically only requires request).

There lots of other light saber groups out there as well, that is just the one I am most familiar with.

Good luck to you!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pedrias

Saber won't start 3 weeks 2 days ago #76004

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 266
When you say it won't turn on, can you elaborate?

Does it have sound? If so do you get the boot sounds when kill key is pulled? Does the saber start up with sound but no LED? Etc..
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Jas-Ot.

Saber won't start 3 weeks 2 days ago #76006

• Pedrias
Brax: not sure if it is still under warranty, got it in January of 2016. Luckily, I'm a member of sabeguild, and think a couple of the members in my weekly meetups are handy with saber electronics, so if I cant figure it out on my own, may take it up with them. Thanks for breaking down all those possible options!

Jas-ot: This version does have sound. Now, when I remove the kill key, no bootup sound, no saber sound, no light, nothing.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Pedrias. Reason: Spelling

Saber won't start 3 weeks 2 days ago #76007

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 266
Might be a loose connection on one of the negatives coming off the recharge port.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pedrias

Saber won't start 3 weeks 2 days ago #76009

• Pedrias
Interesting, might make the most sense since the charger seems to be working fine. Wiggled a small Allen Wrench in the charge port to see if just might put reposition that connection, saw a small spark of electricity, so something is working in there, but alas, still nothing.

If I or someone else wanted to crack this sucker open, check that out and see if we can get a look at the wiring, how would one go about that with a champion edition Venom?
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge DIY parts (3 Posts)
    • Here is another pic, just because the fake switch box wasnt showing, lol...[image]
    • Saberforge DIY parts (3 Posts)
    • Hello guys, it's been a while since I last used this forum, I hope you're all doing well. Me and a...
    • yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4694
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 15