Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..)

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86586

• Lord Metallica
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 12
Brax wrote:
Post length....Hold my beer! *cracks knuckles*
Haha, but really; I feel my posts are so long that viewers just skim it and don’t read it thoroughly and my point gets across wrong.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86589

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 82
You have a car, yes? if there is a local temp agency near you, go in and see if they can find you a full time job over the summer. Heading to college, tell them that, plenty of places are perfectly okay with someone working there just for the summer. And the nice thing is, when you go back next summer, because they know you, you can usually just go and start right away hired directly in the next year, which means even higher pay. That's what I did last summer. Sure, they had me on packing at a powder coating company, so lots of lifting and whatnot, but it got me almost $300 post taxes a week. If you can handle repetition and physical work, temp agencies are great places to go (that's actually the work I prefer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86590

• Sharangir
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Wow.. if you're in Switzerland you can work at a bank, making 250$ a day, or at a super market even, where you still get 160$ a day.

Otoh, you pay 1k for a 1-bedroom apt near university, plus 300 bucks for health insurance and at least 300 bucks for food and other everyday stuff. (At least, you only pay 1'500 bucks a year to study, but you guys didn't want the Bern..)
Add 200 per month for public transport and you're close to 2 grand each month.

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86597

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "There is no death, there is the Force...no one's ever really gone."
  • Thank you received: 303
Shai Kah wrote:
You have a car, yes? if there is a local temp agency near you, go in and see if they can find you a full time job over the summer. Heading to college, tell them that, plenty of places are perfectly okay with someone working there just for the summer. And the nice thing is, when you go back next summer, because they know you, you can usually just go and start right away hired directly in the next year, which means even higher pay. That's what I did last summer. Sure, they had me on packing at a powder coating company, so lots of lifting and whatnot, but it got me almost $300 post taxes a week. If you can handle repetition and physical work, temp agencies are great places to go (that's actually the work I prefer).

That sounds like a great idea! I can handle the heavy lifting as long as I don't throw anything out in the weight room (like I am often wont to do), so I would dig any kind of job like that.

Xiphos, Eris, Oracle Shoto

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86609

• Lord Metallica
  • Premium Member
This is gonna sound pathetic, but I’m 18 and 118 lbs... I can’t lift more than 45-ish lbs. That said, I wouldn’t be able to work at/ with a temp company. I would like to work at UPS or FedEx, where you’re only *required* to lift up to 55lbs. At least by me, I’ve heard it’s more in different cities.
I’m small, skinny, and weak. And my endurance sucks too, I can’t be physical for long before I have to sit and drink water so I don’t pass out (that’s happend in the past).

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86611

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 82
Ah, don't feel bad, not everyone is an athletic build and able to do that stuff.

I know that usually temp agencies have jobs for people who can't do a ton of lifting, such as my girlfriend who is 98lbs and even 45lbs is hard for her to lift. Usually though these jobs are not full time, but on call, so when they need you then call you in. Still though, if you're 18 and just looking for summer work before school starts, the temp agency is the best bet, most places aren't willing to hire someone they know they'll only have for 2 1/2 months. Other jobs you'll find that will hire are probably going to involve talking with people, such as cashiers and whatnot.

All suggestions though, If you want to mow lawns or farm or whatever over summer that's fine, you do you! :) Do what you need/can to make money!

As said before though, you won't come across a good amount of money without a job, that's where you are guaranteed money and will get a lot, and with not having bills, you'll easily make enough for whatever fun items you want before you grow up and have to pay rent and bills! :woohoo:
Last Edit: 2 months 6 days ago by Shai Kah.

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86617

• Major_Tom
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 65
Lord Metallica wrote:
This is gonna sound pathetic, but I’m 18 and 118 lbs... I can’t lift more than 45-ish lbs. That said, I wouldn’t be able to work at/ with a temp company. I would like to work at UPS or FedEx, where you’re only *required* to lift up to 55lbs. At least by me, I’ve heard it’s more in different cities.
I’m small, skinny, and weak. And my endurance sucks too, I can’t be physical for long before I have to sit and drink water so I don’t pass out (that’s happend in the past).

Yikes, it sounds like you could benefit from some more sabering! Not everyone needs to a macho man but you're still young and adaptable. If I were you I would definitely look into trying to find a dojo. Failing that a 30 minute walk everyday or 15 minutes of cardio every day could really help. Heart-health is important! It's much harder to pick up the slack at 30 or 50, it's hard to start when you're young, but you'll be glad you did
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86621

• Lord Metallica
  • Premium Member
Hi, thanks guys. I worked for UPS for the holiday season when they needed driver helpers. I lost 4 lbs working four weeks. I only had a few big packages, which I got help from the driver if I needed it. I loved the fast pace as I am usually super energetic (and I haven’t had a soda since last March, and don’t drink energy drinks, coffee, espresso, or any of those caffeinated beverages, so it’s not caffeine) “and full of life” as my teacher from last year said, lol. Also, the pay was great.

I don’t know why I said I was 18, but I did without thinking my birthday just passed... I’m 19, but that’s my fault. I’m just so used to saying that I was 18 that it just came naturally.

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86622

• Lord Metallica
  • Premium Member
And I also ride my bike for, on average, 4 hrs per day, depending on my availability and the weather, since I only ride on a real bike, you know, like real men. lol, jk, if you go to the gym to ride bikes and such, good for you. That’s one more thing than me you do.

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86623

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1089
Lord Metallica wrote:
I don’t know why I said I was 18, but I did without thinking my birthday just passed... I’m 19, but that’s my fault. I’m just so used to saying that I was 18 that it just came naturally.

Hi Lord Metallica, (glad you could log in ;) )

I used to be Forty when I joined the forum but now I've had a few birthdays since, so technically I should call myself For Tyeth plus two!
And do you think I could work as a Signature Artist for forum members?

For Tyeth

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86624

• Lord Metallica
  • Premium Member
For Tyeth wrote:
And do you think I could work as a Signature Artist for forum members?

For Tyeth

Are you asking me? Like commissions? That’d be cool, but I don’t think that’s up to me; I’d ask Brax if I were you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 6 days ago #86625

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Lord Metallica,

Don't worry I wasn't being serious, I have too much on at the moment to do something like that, I just saw your sig and thought it looked professional!

Besides I don't think the pay would amount to much.

For Tyeth

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 5 days ago #86630

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
I dig the discussion, everybody!

@Lord Metallica , I believe Major_Tom put it best. Four years ago I was one of the weakest people in the extended family, and now I'm benching 125lbs like nothing. Might not seem like much, but that is starting from basically nothing. If you don't have too many health issues, 118 lbs is an excellent base to start putting on some muscle. Once you're strong enough to carry anything in the 50lb range without straining yourself, that widens your job opportunities. Just doing some push-ups, sit-ups and squats each night will help a lot over time.

@For Tyeth , frankly, simple commissions like that isn't the worst idea ever! People make a ton of money by designing graphics and title boards for clients. Maybe something to look into...

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 5 days ago #86639

• Lord Metallica
  • Premium Member
Hmm... I’m thinking something like

“ForTyeth’s signature graphics (PayPal only, for it’s the safest and most efficient method for both ends)
$3 for simple words with font and color of your choice
$4 for username, one or two quotes from a character you like, or your own
$5 for full blown background, 2-3 images on top of background, and simple text/ username, and ane or two quotes from a character you like, or your own.

If you have any questions or concerns about a commission you would like to be made, please contact me at *insert For Tyeth’s email here*
Looking For-ward to help design a graphic For you.”

Hmm? Thoughts? For Tyreth, like?

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 5 days ago #86649

• Sharangir
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
5$ for the full deal? Dude, that's gonna be nearly an hour of work..
I'd try 20 bucks or more.

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 5 days ago #86651

• Ser Arcturis
  • Elite Member
  • Occupation? No, just visiting.
  • Thank you received: 49
The big upside of living with ones parents and working shift and weekends is, that I'm paid a few extra bucks each month.
This month, it's 45€ which I will be putting into my saberjar and it will serve the purpose of buying a switch section on day.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 5 days ago #86655

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Frankly, if Master Tyeth is going to be doing graphic designs like that then he shouldn't limit himself to signatures! He should expand! (Excuse us while we plan your business for you Master, hope you don't mind!)

As for living with my folks, while I like my home and stuff, I refuse to be working out of there forever.

Tips For Snagging Saber Money (Doing This Again..) 2 months 4 days ago #86702

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Eddlyss64 wrote:
Frankly, if Master Tyeth is going to be doing graphic designs like that then he shouldn't limit himself to signatures! He should expand! (Excuse us while we plan your business for you Master, hope you don't mind!)

As for living with my folks, while I like my home and stuff, I refuse to be working out of there forever.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I was only joking when I suggested it but reading all your comments I may have to look into this and consider it!

kind regards,

For Tyeth
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (59 Posts)
    • Right, so I'm currently going through and saving every topic as a resource for my future use via the...
    • New Series Announcement!!... (7 Posts)
    • Sounds like it might be ok and I'll definitely give it a chance and a watch. The plot itself...
    • Goodbye forum! :( :( This is really bad news, now I have less to read on the internet. I'll join...
    • I have joined the Discord! Also, for reference, here's a link to my old Google Plus community if...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.3k
  • Total Topics: 5837
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 146
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 60
  • Yesterday Answer: 68