Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Bane saber for spinning

Bane saber for spinning 9 months 3 weeks ago #18793

• solomuck
How is the Bane saber for spinning it seems the ridges on the underside would be very detrimental to that purpose. The reason i'm asking is I want to order a new saber for my birthday and I am torn between the Bane which looks incredible and the sinister prophecy. Any input would be greatfully appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bane saber for spinning 9 months 3 weeks ago #18813

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 327
Spinning is possible w/the Bane but not ideal. The curve and the shape of the emitter shroud limits the amount of space your hands have to play with. IMO it's more of a straight one handed dueler than a fancy flourisher. The SinisterP might be a better option if you're looking to get something a bit more traditional and spinning friendly.

Any other thoughts from Bane owners?

Bane saber for spinning 9 months 3 weeks ago #18814

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I found the Bane ideal to spin and handle. The curve fits right in your palm, so you can grip easily and roll it with an easy motion, so it's actually easier to get the fast, tight spins than with a straight handle. The claw on the bottom enhances your grip, doesn't detract from it in any fashion that I've found.

What it basically comes down to... is what's your style? If you're not comfortable with the curved hilt concept you're probably going to approach the saber with a flawed perspective from the onset and not realize it to it's full potential.

I actually had a video posted of me spinning the saber on Facebook at one point in time, but it was long ago... I don't think I could find it again if I tried lol.

Bane saber for spinning 9 months 3 weeks ago #18815

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 60
Agreed (H2Soy). Though I love my Bane it is never my first choice when I'm in the mood for some spins :P I almost always pick up my silver Knight. It is comparable to the Sinister in length and shape.

As H2soy said, it is the curvature of the hilt that complicates flourishes, not necessarily the ridged grip on the underbelly. When I do use my Bane for spins, I choke up on the grip so that my pinky is positioned in the 3rd ridge from the bottom (leaving 2 ridges open) and my index finger is right at the base of the claw. This gives me the feeling of holding a straight saber.

If your entire existence depends on flourishes I can't say that I would recommend the Bane. However, overall the Bane is my favorite saber (so far). But I am partial to curved hilts and the Makashi Form so color me biased.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Lord Callous.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fallen SF Custom|Story so... (7 Posts)
    • It is amazing how something that looks like it has been through total hell, can be so beautiful! I...
    • Fourth of July SALE (16 Posts)
    • Are bonus items random? (they probably are but the it was not clarified :P)
    • Thank you Ex66, Quote: Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special...
    • Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special one-off? You have a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.9k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 25
  • Yesterday Answer: 87