Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Because Vader. - MPP

Because Vader. - MPP 3 months 2 weeks ago #73558

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 129
Your right wasn't thinking lol.... long day. Looking forward to the build Picts
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Because Vader. - MPP 3 months 1 week ago #73774

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 266
CF8 decision:

1) Hack the board for single cell and throw an 18650 in there along with Knight chassis from Darth-Ryo (flex 2.0 for now, waiting for the MPP variant) and crystal chamber - longer run time, loss of "volume"
2) keep board as is and use a knight chassis from Darth Ryo and use a 16340 dual pack at 7.4v, crystal chamber - shorter run time, full features (minus the CeX)
3) forgot about a crystal chamber and scratch build something to hold a dual 18650 7.4v pack for the ultimate in POWAH!!!! - nothing fancy on the inside, but it sure will last a while.

Discuss...

Because Vader. - MPP 3 months 1 week ago #73778

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
I haven't confirmed this, but I've heard that channel 1 has trouble pushing full power on a single cell (I'm assuming an underpowered regulator). If you do opt for the hack, I'd recommend sticking with channels 2& 3 for main blade and FoC, just to be safe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jas-Ot

Because Vader. - MPP 3 months 1 week ago #73779

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
You are limited to 1.5 amp on the channels after the hack (so says Erv anyway), so you kind of have to go with a three channel arrangement, which is fine. I was planning on a color mix option anyway, rather than the "basic FOC" type install.

Pr/R/G is the LED.

Was going to reach out on the Graflex Addicts group and see if anyone has had luck with using a "Padawan" chassis with the 18650 in the bottom and then mounting another up into the blade holder like the knight and master chassis do and then wire for serial. Since the flex 2.0 chassis kits fit, that may be an option too, just no fancy crystal reveal.

SO HARD TO DECIDE!!!!

Because Vader. - MPP 3 months 1 week ago #73780

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 129
its all depends on how your gonna use it, if you want to show it off more than play with it, then go for options A/B. If its for actually for use then Option C. make it loud proud and functional. Downside is option C is a waste for a cf8.
My vote would be Option B kind of a middle ground, keep the sound loud and still have the reveal.
btw I was going through some things found a pai of the Black bars for a Blastec mpp clamp. they look like the are a perfect size to replace the chrome .I've not decided if I gonna use them on mine yet.

Because Vader. - MPP 3 months 1 week ago #73783

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
My K4 is the only OT hilt I have that will likely be used in any capacity for Cosplay, Demos, general super happy lightsaber fun time (perhaps a Flex too), but those have already been staked out for single cell boards. MPP will mainly be a show piece, so I'm leaning towards the 16340 7.4v pack route and a nice Knight chassis.

I might pair up an ANH flex with the K4 for some Obi-Wan and Luke cosplay (Father and son). So probably have an ESB flex, MPP, and either a ROTJ V2 or Hero as the jewels of the collection.

And with SF going to release some new Apprentice hilts, looks like I'll need to pick up some new beaters!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• The Wait Begins 4.0 (744 Posts)
    • Thanks. I've been contemplating buying some ASP parts, that gives me an idea of how fast they could...
    • Trades (1 Posts)
    • So does anybody actually like to trade than buy sabers?
    • Saberforge DIY parts (5 Posts)
    • 6061 series aliminum, we drew it on AutoCad and then we had a company in China make it. Grips and...
    • Saberforge Prodigal Son (2 Posts)
    • 1. Yes, but for anything more than "just gets brighter on clash", you'd need to use a mixed or...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4696
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 15